Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Oh I know that feeling! I’ve spent so much, like you, fault finding with no success, going in on Monday to have the code deleted, I’ve had enough, I just want to use it. Everyone assures me there is no fault to be found, I don’t feel good about it, codes are there for a reason but, enough!
yeah thats a good way to look at it but if it runs fine without issues then it's a head scratcher but stuff it an move on. MIne defo has issues as it's as flat as Fiat 500 at low revs ! Lights up the rears in 1st/2nd if leaving aside any thought of throttle control. Traction control, it's somewhere in there but i never felt it :crackup:
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Recycling centre run completed and I resisted the temptation to push it into the open skip. Felt bad about such destructive thoughts so gave it s wash when I got home. Badly washed, as ever and yes the wheels are bogging

IMG_20240414_153943_HDR.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I cleaned the carpets a bit also, tried hoovering the dirt from the floor but the cordless hoover died part way through and I could be bothered getting the other one. I did brush the mats though, used my drill bit brush set haha. Looks like a short handled loo brush but fits in your cordless drill and brushes the mats clean. Works great.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Didn't last long 🙁

signal-2024-04-16-185108_002.jpeg
Pretty much what mine looks like at the mo. All this damn wind! Although my car is under cover, it's not fully sheltered from the sides and gets covered in all sorts of crap when it's windy :frown:

On another note, Happy Mustang Day to all!

I at least got to drive mine in to the office today, and have a nice ~150 mile round trip for work tomorrow to look forward to.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
not today but yesterday, updated the Sync 3 for maps, still hasn't updated any of the surrounding roads for my new build development (3 yrs after it was built..) over 2hrs of my life i'll never get back so mobile phone holder will be getting ordered if i can decide where i want to site it.

Also cleaned out the stable while the car was outside, ignore trailing cable for the tyre inflator. A few oil stains (from previously leaking valve cover and general water drips. Not too bad really. Properly jealous of our American cousins with their enormous garages but thankful i have at least this to keep it out of the weather
empty garage.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
felt my soul die a little more as i plugged the phone into the centre console and clicked yes to every prompt. On the plus side at least google maps knows i live with a built street unlike the Fords latest map upload. Pah. TBH main roads dont change that much so i'll only use the phone occasionally.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After having it sat in the box for many months, i finally got my camera + floodlight installed. The signal struggles so I'll need to tinker with that, but happy with it :) the floodlights will come on and I'll get a recording if the motion is activated.

blink.jpg

Sponsored

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Got back from the Falkland Islands a few weeks ago and I've settled back into having the Mustang back. It got a service and underseal at Modurstang last week and unfortunately for the lads there, my old man had the car while I was away and has had houses being built around his, so the underside of the car was absolutely bogging and in hindsight I should've checked that before they had it and saved them the pain of cleaning it. Thankfully they stuck with it and it's now got a nice coating of Raptor Seal to keep the rust out. F***ing phenomenal cars to drive, although that moves me on to the next part. As most will know, when pressing on the stock dampers are, to put it mildly, "a bit s***". I fitted Koni Special Active dampers in an attempt to cure the bouncing which did help to an extent, but ultimately in my opinion don't have enough rebound to control the springs, and they're not adjustable. So today I went balls to the wall and ordered a lovely looking set of Öhlins Road and Track coilovers from BG Motorsport. They have rave reviews from the folks stateside and should be with me within the next few weeks, so once they do turn up I'll do my best to get them swapped over ASAP to provide a review on how they handle our roads. I'm not actually aware of anyone else in the UK running them on an S550 (although if I'm wrong on that feel free to correct me) so it'll be an interesting learning experience getting them set up for our roads, I suspect the damping will be towards the softer end as apparently full stiff on them is borderline suicide on the road. I've got some Eibach camber bolts to throw on as well when they turn up, so with a bit of luck I'll finally be able to have it riding how I want it to👍

1000000704.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got back from the Falkland Islands a few weeks ago and I've settled back into having the Mustang back. It got a service and underseal at Modurstang last week and unfortunately for the lads there, my old man had the car while I was away and has had houses being built around his, so the underside of the car was absolutely bogging and in hindsight I should've checked that before they had it and saved them the pain of cleaning it. Thankfully they stuck with it and it's now got a nice coating of Raptor Seal to keep the rust out. F***ing phenomenal cars to drive, although that moves me on to the next part. As most will know, when pressing on the stock dampers are, to put it mildly, "a bit s***". I fitted Koni Special Active dampers in an attempt to cure the bouncing which did help to an extent, but ultimately in my opinion don't have enough rebound to control the springs, and they're not adjustable. So today I went balls to the wall and ordered a lovely looking set of Öhlins Road and Track coilovers from BG Motorsport. They have rave reviews from the folks stateside and should be with me within the next few weeks, so once they do turn up I'll do my best to get them swapped over ASAP to provide a review on how they handle our roads. I'm not actually aware of anyone else in the UK running them on an S550 (although if I'm wrong on that feel free to correct me) so it'll be an interesting learning experience getting them set up for our roads, I suspect the damping will be towards the softer end as apparently full stiff on them is borderline suicide on the road. I've got some Eibach camber bolts to throw on as well when they turn up, so with a bit of luck I'll finally be able to have it riding how I want it to👍

1000000704.jpg
@bnightstar :like:

WD :like:

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
He was the only European owner I knew of that was running them!:like:
I currently run -13/-15 clicks front/rear from full stiff and it works good though still a bit of bouncing over bumps but car is very easy to control. Have in mind that if your car is like 2017th the rear springs will not fit without a bit of modding on the Rear lower control arms. My coilovers are holding great and I love how the car feels on them though. You made a great choice.

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
I currently run -13/-15 clicks front/rear from full stiff and it works good though still a bit of bouncing over bumps but car is very easy to control. Have in mind that if your car is like 2017th the rear springs will not fit without a bit of modding on the Rear lower control arms. My coilovers are holding great and I love how the car feels on them though. You made a great choice.
It's an August 2017 car I think. Which bit do you have to modify, the spring perch in the kit or the arm itself?
Sponsored