Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@MCS if you want to purchase pcmtec you’ll be able to read the file and flash it, making whatever changes you want. The trans shifting may be an easy fix. Is it harsh shifting but only in certain drive modes?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
@MCS if you want to purchase pcmtec you’ll be able to read the file and flash it, making whatever changes you want. The trans shifting may be an easy fix. Is it harsh shifting but only in certain drive modes?
Yes.
Drive / Normal = great!
Drive / Sport+ = bad
Drive / Track = terrible

Shifter in S = half way between great and bad

Roush just said that it’s on the latest calibration and they may want the dealership to “run some pin point testing on the transmission”.

The transmission drove fine before the Roush install. All modes were great.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The ford logic allows for 3 different shift firmnesses (characters) and you can assign them to various drive modes. If one of them works fine then it’s super easy to just assign that character to whatever drive mode you want, or all of them. It would take 20 minutes to do the initial read, about 30 seconds to make the change to the file, then 20 seconds to write the change. Any additional changes just take 20-30 seconds to flash.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
When in doubt with a tune you should contact Wengerd Tuning. If he can't resolve the issue nobody can.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The ford logic allows for 3 different shift firmnesses (characters) and you can assign them to various drive modes. If one of them works fine then it’s super easy to just assign that character to whatever drive mode you want, or all of them. It would take 20 minutes to do the initial read, about 30 seconds to make the change to the file, then 20 seconds to write the change. Any additional changes just take 20-30 seconds to flash.
I found their website. I’ll take a look when I get back from the office today. I also asked Roush support if that could be the cause and if so did their tune adjust those logics.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
When in doubt with a tune you should contact Wengerd Tuning. If he can't resolve the issue nobody can.
The power is fine. It’s just the shifting characteristic. Didn’t they have bad press lately? Trying to remember all these tuners lol

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
....I also asked Roush support if that could be the cause and if so did their tune adjust those logics.
The Roush logic most certainly works like stock in this way. I pulled up a random Roush Gen3 auto Mustang cal using PCMTec and this is what the character assignments looks like:

1712265229862-i7.png

You'd basically just populate the table with all 0's and it would shift the same firmness as base/drive all the time.

You need to check with pcmtec to make sure they support 2021 Roush. I'm pretty sure they do but it's worth asking. @Rolls

Reactions: MCS

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
VMP Performance
Wengerd Tuning
Palm Beach Dyno

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The Roush logic most certainly works like stock in this way. I pulled up a random Roush Gen3 auto Mustang cal using PCMTec and this is what the character assignments looks like:

1712265229862-i7.png

You'd basically just populate the table with all 0's and it would shift the same firmness as base/drive all the time.

You need to check with pcmtec to make sure they support 2021 Roush. I'm pretty sure they do but it's worth asking. @Rolls
CR2 and CR3? What are those?

OFF = Stick in S
SST = Paddle shifting?
LID = Live in Drive

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
CR2 and CR3? What are those?

OFF = Stick in S
SST = Paddle shifting?
LID = Live in Drive
I believe CR2 and 3 are Cooling Reduction.

Off means auto shifting.
SST means sport select shift, or when you use paddles in Sport mode.
LID is Live in Drive, or when you use paddles in Drive mode.

But that doesn't matter since you'd just replace the entire table with 0's.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT

1712265229862-i7.png

FYI

If we don't support it all we need is a read and we can add support for it, turnaround time is 24 hours (or less if you email us when we are awake).

The latest roush cal we have currently is 1322-W2ARP-VAB which I believe is late 2022

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@Rolls his is a 21 so he should be good to go then. (or <24hrs if you don’t already have his specific osid defined)

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
If we don't support it all we need is a read and we can add support for it, turnaround time is 24 hours (or less if you email us when we are awake).

The latest roush cal we have currently is 1322-W2ARP-VAB which I believe is late 2022
@Rolls his is a 21 so he should be good to go then.
The last Roush tune I have was from April of last year (2023). So you may be a revision lower. I will have to check what actual cal number I have.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
The power is fine. It’s just the shifting characteristic. Didn’t they have bad press lately? Trying to remember all these tuners lol
No bad press for Wengerd that I’ve seen.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase