Louvers

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I had the 2nd style for a couple years. Really liked them and then I wanted to change it up.

I also tried side louvers because my wife said she liked them and hated the visibility. Backing up and around people became more difficult and I took them off.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Some pics of mine.

DSC_3259.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
Th Aluminum version on top is what I picked, as it looks like the original Mach1/Boss 302 louvers. Not a fan of any of the plastic versions.
Things I like about my louvers: They look great, they keep the car MUCH cooler in summer.
Things I don't like: Takes about 5 min. and a couple of soft towels to remove and install for cleaning. Then you have to find a place to put it while it's off the car, and make sure you don't loose the plastic nuts.
Note: If you get the Aluminum one, don't use the metal washers, they will scratch the paint on the louvers.
IMG_4989crop.JPG

louvers2.JPG
I love the look of that!

OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
I had the 2nd style for a couple years. Really liked them and then I wanted to change it up.

I also tried side louvers because my wife said she liked them and hated the visibility. Backing up and around people became more difficult and I took them off.
Good to know! I was wondering if that would be add to the blind spot aspect

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
As an owner of louvers on my 2016, I would go with the aluminum ones. I have the plastic ones and they crack and bow. The color tends to fade and I usually have to paint them every year. I wanted the aluminum ones but the price was insane. I ended up with the same ones that are sold in online stores but bought them on ebay. Total cost of my bid…… $1 plus $22 shipping. For $23 I can deal with the issues they have. If I ever find a set of aluminum ones at a good price I will buy them.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't think of the aero aspect but I wouldn't think that it'd be significant
Originally rear 'window' louvers were placed because the rear glass was taken out. It brought back some the aero w/ the missing glass. The 1/4 glass louvers had little to do with aero and more with cabin cooling. Now your adding a layer on the back glass that interrupts the boundary layer of airflow.

OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
Originally rear 'window' louvers were placed because the rear glass was taken out. It brought back some the aero w/ the missing glass. The 1/4 glass louvers had little to do with aero and more with cabin cooling. Now your adding a layer on the back glass that interrupts the boundary layer of airflow.
Interesting! I had no idea...Thanks for the info!

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
First, ‘straight’ set…what about air scoops on the sides, are they offered?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Ok, hold up…no offense but I fly jets for a living and the boundary layer does not, and will not be a factor for 99% of anyone in this thread while driving anything on four wheels 😉