Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If I were drag racing in Florida, Arizona or some other really hot climate, I might consider cooling mods. Otherwise, for street driving, I don't see the need.

It gets hot here in Minnesota and if I were racing every week, running for points, cooling mods would be good to have. However, I just pick and choose events and avoid going to the track if it is soupy hot. No cooling mods needed for me.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If I were drag racing in Florida, Arizona or some other really hot climate, I might consider cooling mods. Otherwise, for street driving, I don't see the need.

It gets hot here in Minnesota and if I were racing every week, running for points, cooling mods would be good to have. However, I just pick and choose events and avoid going to the track if it is soupy hot. No cooling mods needed for me.
Exactly, honestly if I lived in AZ. or FL I may have gone Odin, Yes it has no warranty but it’s a very well thought out kit

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I can see what it is doing with my N Gauge and monitoring IAT2. When pump stops, IAT2 goes up very quickly, like 160 and then 5 minutes later, comes back down to normal 30 degrees over Ambient temps.
Mine does that, I wonder if it's the pump. I have tried to listen but that's impossible with all the fans blazing away.
I have a new pump and H/E to install so hopefully that will remedy the temp fluctuation.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Mine does that, I wonder if it's the pump. I have tried to listen but that's impossible with all the fans blazing away.
I have a new pump and H/E to install so hopefully that will remedy the temp fluctuation.
Is this happening when cruising or when stopped?

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Is this happening when cruising or when stopped?
Mine does it just driving normal, not into any boost. When the pump stops, the temps climb quickly, like from 130 to 160+ with in 2-3 minutes.
And then, just never know for sure, I can see the temps quickly come back to the normal 30 degrees over ambient temp. Again, not going into boost.
And it feels hot and just from how the car responds, timing is cut, big time.
My new pump got delayed by UPS, so won't get till next week.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Since my issue was relay related, it only happened at startup..... so if it wasn't going to work, it would happen at startup..... once it was working it never stopped.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Recorded a few videos as an example trans shifting. See if you guys are the same. Both are in normal mode from 0-60, so not the aggressive shifting of track or drag. First I’d slower and the second is more aggressive. Couldn’t get close wot. My car was squirming around on these country roads on the last one.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Recorded a few videos as an example trans shifting. See if you guys are the same. Both are in normal mode from 0-60, so not the aggressive shifting of track or drag. First I’d slower and the second is more aggressive. Couldn’t get close wot. My car was squirming around on these country roads on the last one.

The 2nd one seems to shift quicker and more firmly than mine. Sort of hard to tell anout the first one. Mine shifts fine at lower throttle input like the first video. It is the more aggressive acceleration (not even WOT) where my shifts are lazy.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The 2nd one seems to shift quicker and more firmly than mine. Sort of hard to tell anout the first one. Mine shifts fine at lower throttle input like the first video. It is the more aggressive acceleration (not even WOT) where my shifts are lazy.
Yep

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is track mode to 90+. Couldn’t get WOT on this road but you can hear the SC near the end when I felt safe enough to go wot. Not sure you can even hear the shifts but listen to the high pressure air sound when entering boost. Anyone else have that?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
This is track mode to 90+. Couldn’t get WOT on this road but you can hear the SC near the end when I felt safe enough to go wot. Not sure you can even hear the shifts but listen to the high pressure air sound when entering boost. Anyone else have that?

My exhaust has a lot deeper tone than that. I hear no engine or SC sound at WOT with mine....just exhaust.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I get the high pressure air whoosh sound often when driving around casually and nail it. Then all of a sudden all the boost comes in and the exhaust roars. Weird that it almost seems like a bit of a lag when that happens.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My exhaust has a lot deeper tone than that. I hear no engine or SC sound at WOT with mine....just exhaust.
That was like a second of wot. I hit the highway and went wot on a 60-120 but couldn’t on the backroads. Messed up the video so didn’t get the run for some reason.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Even with my active exhaust set to "quiet," I hear no evidence of engine or SC sounds under any circumstances. Under throttle, the exhaust has a more intense and ferocious sound, though.