Are all Mustangs shipped via rail?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Hey! So I am waiting for my car to be built next week and am curious if all Mustangs are shipped via rail or only those that are further from the plant. I am only about 140 miles away in Cleveland. Does anybody know the shipping routes for these cars or what train depots they stop at?
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey! So I am waiting for my car to be built next week and am curious if all Mustangs are shipped via rail or only those that are further from the plant. I am only about 140 miles away in Cleveland. Does anybody know the shipping routes for these cars or what train depots they stop at?
Most definitely they're not. Mine - to Cincy, OH dealership - was shipped by truck. Yours is likely going to be as well.

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Most definitely they're not. Mine - to Cincy, OH dealership - was shipped by truck. Yours is likely going to be as well.
Hoping that means I get it quicker! If it were up to me I’d go up there and pick it up.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
They do get shipped by rail to the district depot, which ours is in Pittsburgh, then they are put on trucks for delivery to the dealers. Doesn't make sense for our location, why would you ship right past us by 120 miles and then have to back track. It would be easier to just go directly by truck straight from the plant direct to the dealer.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Only if it logistically makes sense to do so. Mine was shipped by rail to Utah and then delivered on a truck to my dealership.
Sponsored