Sponsored

ROKBLOKZ---ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THEM?????

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
DT: For sure it's a personal opinion kinda thing but I'm with ya on them being unobtrusive. IMHO, they match the wicker and round out the fender.

upload_2020-5-27_8-34-57.png
YES those don't look bad at all, and as much as i would rather not have them, its quite possible i would get them just cause i would punch myself in the face if i got a nasty chip....esp after this thread!
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's been a long time and know it was discussed but does that opening in the rocker that is now covered by a mudflap do something? Have we just disturbed the airflow time continuum by blocking that? IDC was just curious.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Having something to block the front rocker aka pebble magnet is mandatory for this car, imo. With nothing there to block, ALL debris on the road is thrown up right near the passenger door. the rock build up is very loud at any speed and very noticeable when looking at the car.

Right now I have the rubber inserts but as soon as they make GT500 designed flaps I'm getting them, rokblokz or otherwise.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
DT: For sure it's a personal opinion kinda thing but I'm with ya on them being unobtrusive. IMHO, they match the wicker and round out the fender.
That's looks terrific, honestly, if you were standing back looking at the car, you wouldn't even think twice about them.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
So then after all of this which is the better choice----- Rockblokz or JLT's Rock Blockers??????

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i dont think JLT rock blockers will provide much protection for paint chips other than the tiny area its blocking. So if you want paint protection and keeping crap out of hole then mudflaps(rokblokz). If you just want to keep stuff out of the hole then JLT rock blockers.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I contacted Brook at RokBlokz customer support. I inquired when a GT500 kit would be available. They seem to be under the impression that the GT350 kit worked ok for the GT500. I linked a thread from Mustang6G showing the issues with the top mount and the lack of width to cover the side lowers. This seemed to be the first they had heard of the problem. They appeared to be interested in doing something, but need a car as a test mule. Anybody near them? Is there enough interest here to offer them a group order?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Brook at RokBlokz customer support. I inquired when a GT500 kit would be available. They seem to be under the impression that the GT350 kit worked ok for the GT500. I linked a thread from Mustang6G showing the issues with the top mount and the lack of width to cover the side lowers. This seemed to be the first they had heard of the problem. They appeared to be interested in doing something, but need a car as a test mule. Anybody near them? Is there enough interest here to offer them a group order?
Where are they?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Orem Utah, just as far into the sticks as Iowa City(but great offroad country).:)
Too bad, I would have brought them my car.........even though I modified the GT350 flaps to fit.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Actually I have spoken to her too. Super nice lady. I don't think anybody has yet produced an actual mud flap for the GT 500. I also spoke to Jason at Jaegers and he's working hard to get one into proto type and get it done but its not there yet. I like you guys hope somebody comes up with something really fast. I hate rock chips just as much as the next guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Chuck: As Jaime mentioned, the 350 RokBlockz work fine, you just have to stick a bracket on the fender well for the top hole. I suppose someone could come up with a "clip" but I don't think it would be as solid.

I screwed up on the install and should have used a heat gun to form them better. Since I didn't, the bending stress broke the passenger side bracket so I gotz to replace that when the lugs arrive from T at Signature. Might as well kill two or three birds with one lift. :-)
Sponsored