Warm Up

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Don't feel bad guys. My M2 Competition didn't have a coolant gauge or an oil dipstick....
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Question: What do you actually lose by losing the 'my color'? Does it only light up in white, or what? And if only 1 of the 2 gauges does that, it'd look really weird. Or are you buying both gauges? There's no image on the link above. If one gauge is going to have different illumination than the other, the OCD in me would kick in overdrive, so would leave it alone.

Finally, has anybody with the oil temp gauge from the GT350 tell us how close it is to head temperature? Hopefully close enough, as not feeling left out of this mod. Ha ha. Thanks.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Question: What do you actually lose by losing the 'my color'? Does it only light up in white, or what? And if only 1 of the 2 gauges does that, it'd look really weird. Or are you buying both gauges? There's no image on the link above. If one gauge is going to have different illumination than the other, the OCD in me would kick in overdrive, so would leave it alone.
You purchase and replace both gauges as a single unit, so they both behave the same. They light up as though you have MyColor set to "white". Frankly, as I set my center display to "orange", the two gauges in the center dash look completely different from the main dash, so I'm not really a fan of MyColor on those two. The default white matches much better in my opinion.

Give me a week and I'll tell you how long the time is between head and oil temperature both showing the engine as fully warm. Based on prior experience with my BMW, the head was at temperature within 5 minutes or so, while the oil took nearly 20 minute in the winter. With the 10 quart sump, I expect the Mustang will be in the same range.

Last edited:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
2019 GT pp1 with the oil temp. My cylinder head temps reach about 198 around 10 minutes of driving. The oil temp is about halfway between the start of "normal" and the halfway mark at this point. It's another 5-10 minutes before oil hits around 200°. However, I've not always found it to be accurate. I have that chain tensioner chirp and it goes away when the oil genuinely reaches its 200° viscosity. It still chirps when the oil temp gauge reads 200° if I was doing a lot of idle time.

When my cylinder head temps start to get up there I'll cruise at around 2500 rpm which considerably speeds up how quickly the oil gets to temp.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wonder if there's a way to add oil temp with FORScan, since it's already there. Haven't seen any info on FORScan changes possible on Mustangs, and specifically on 401A/Bullitt ones, with the digital dash. It'd also be nice to add numbers to the 'analog' little gauges, and coolant gauge too. I like to see coolant and transmission temperature in numbers on my F-150.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Wonder if there's a way to add oil temp with FORScan, since it's already there. Haven't seen any info on FORScan changes possible on Mustangs, and specifically on 401A/Bullitt ones, with the digital dash. It'd also be nice to add numbers to the 'analog' little gauges, and coolant gauge too. I like to see coolant and transmission temperature in numbers on my F-150.
Tried with no success..... Adding Gauges to Digital Display Cluster

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh well; thank you for letting me know. So it looks like if we want oil temp, our only choice is to buy the GT350 gauges, correct? And if we do that, what would be the deal with the lighting? Would the lighting match the default lighting on Bullitts, which I assume is white? I honestly don't care much about different colors, but don't want them mixed. Ha ha. But prefer to have oil temp, than matching colors. especially since I rarely drive at night anyway.

The MyColor is only for ambient and gauge color, correct? Since the Bullitt has the digital dash (independently changed, I assume), which lighted components can change color, besides those 2 pods? I don't think I'd change it from white, to be honest, and if the gauges light up the same, I might buy those gauges after all. Is everything else the same on the Bullitt? And by that I mean are they going to be IDENTICAL, including the 'rings', etc? Thanks man.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Oh well; thank you for letting me know. So it looks like if we want oil temp, our only choice is to buy the GT350 gauges, correct? And if we do that, what would be the deal with the lighting? Would the lighting match the default lighting on Bullitts, which I assume is white? I honestly don't care much about different colors, but don't want them mixed. Ha ha. But prefer to have oil temp, than matching colors. especially since I rarely drive at night anyway.

The MyColor is only for ambient and gauge color, correct? Since the Bullitt has the digital dash (independently changed, I assume), which lighted components can change color, besides those 2 pods? I don't think I'd change it from white, to be honest, and if the gauges light up the same, I might buy those gauges after all. Is everything else the same on the Bullitt? And by that I mean are they going to be IDENTICAL, including the 'rings', etc? Thanks man.
The GT350 is a direct replacement. Plug n Play. And yes, it is NOT mycolor compatible. Its white all the time which matches the default color. The shade of the rings is slightly darker. But if it bothers you that much you can swap them. The rings are one piece held by 3 Philips screws
M-10849-A.jpg

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine this afternoon. 28 minutes 55 seconds from the time I picked my trim tool kit up from my tool box in the cellar until the time I put it back down, including swapping the gauge trim rings.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Excellent. So you can easily swap the Bullitt rings, and basically be stock, other than the lighting... but fortunately, it doesn't bother me. Will leave it white. Hey, where is the cheapest place to buy them? And does anybody have a link to a video installation DIY? Thx.

I'm considering buying a brand new 2020 yet to arrive, but we'll see. The bad news is it's a grand more expensive for the stupid gas guzzler tax, unfortunately. I offered $48K, and $40K for my truck, which the other local dealer offered, so it shouldn't be a problem. But man, it will HURT losing 20 grand on my immaculate truck in 2 years and only 13K miles. Oh well. Will have to get the Vaseline out. Ha ha.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, where is the cheapest place to buy them?
I bought mine here: https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oem-parts/ford-instrument-cluster-fr3z10849e?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

And does anybody have a link to a video installation DIY?
This video shows installing the ecoBoost boost gauge (which does have myColor, unlike the GT350 gauge), but the procedure is identical. Doesn't show swapping the trim rings, but it's intuitively obvious :

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally, has anybody with the oil temp gauge from the GT350 tell us how close it is to head temperature? Hopefully close enough, as not feeling left out of this mod. Ha ha. Thanks.
They're pretty close once they've stabilized at normal operating temperature, but the oil temperature looks to lag the head temperature by about 50 degrees while both are heating up. This morning on my way to work (around 45 - 50 degree out), it took about 5 miles / 8 minutes for the head temperature to reach 180F. The oil temp had yet to reach 150. The head stabilized about 2 minutes later around 200F. The oil temp took another 5 to 10 minutes to come up to just about the same point.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Thanks for all the info in the thread. I will just continue to let my car warm up until cylinder head temp is at normal. Dont want to lose my color as all of mine are set to green. I suppose i could get creative with the led lights in the unit, but that could get dicey.

I reallg think ford reached into the parts bin for the bullitt cluster as we can already see vacum in the digital cluster.
Sponsored