Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I just had a run in with an f150 raptor merging onto an on ramp (from a stop light). I'm not sure if the powerpack was worth much here but I had it from the get go. I backed off for the loop turn and he was able to catch up. The driver got right on my bumper. I punched it when the loop ended (was in third around 50 mph) and put about 3 car lengths between us before the on ramp section ended.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hey guys, this is using the same filter as the GT350/Bullitt..correct.

Dave

Last edited:

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ yeah I am thinking which filter do I buy when it's time to replace? The kit only shows Ford Perfomance cold air but no part #.

Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I was commenting about downshifting, and it appears that the rev match does not hang, but is more of a blip after the tune. Sorry for the confusion. However, I do recall the revs hanging if I push the clutch in on the 19. Come to think of it, I also hate that the cruise control won't disengage with the clutch is pushed in like on my 15. When I get home, I will take her out and look at the hanging rpm when upshifting. I have been having too much fun power shifting to notice on previous drives!
That’s interesting, I’m pretty sure mine will disengage CC in that instance. Not sure if that’s a 19+ behavior due to the additional sensor for rev matching or something else.

Pandajoshy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a run in with an f150 raptor merging onto an on ramp (from a stop light). I'm not sure if the powerpack was worth much here but I had it from the get go. I backed off for the loop turn and he was able to catch up. The driver got right on my bumper. I punched it when the loop ended (was in third around 50 mph) and put about 3 car lengths between us before the on ramp section ended.
What do you mean by, "I'm not sure if the powerpack was worth much here but I had it from the get go."?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
What do you mean by, "I'm not sure if the powerpack was worth much here but I had it from the get go."?
I meant the 2018+ mustang gt can probably beat the raptor without the powerpack, and that I had the raptor from off the line. It didn't get the jump off the line, which seems to be a typical experience with this car (car gets a lead grom a dig then the mustang blows passed it).

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Id like to know if it fix the 6-7 gearshift for the a10 transmission. going to redline instead of early commanding for 7th

and is the 260 kph speed limiter lifted or still in place ?

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Can this tune work with headers If I Decide to add them later on
No. You'd need to get an aftermarket tune to compensate. If that's your goal, you're better off going with somebody outside of Ford now and maybe they can get you a revision down the line.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Pandajoshy, have you gotten a chance to get it on the dyno yet?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Some sites now selling it and have example image...... well hope they do not throw people off since air inlet piece is missing...

Even some sites suggest to pair it with

The FP Oil-Air Separator Kit Passenger Side 5.0L 2018-2020

View attachment m9603m8b_1.jpg