Sponsored

Volume is only controlling prompt sound and not music volume?!

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
KĂ©vin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I had the problem again today using Apple Maps since Waze seemed to be the problem . Waze is still installed but without running it.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I had the problem again today using Apple Maps since Waze seemed to be the problem . Waze is still installed but without running it.
even though it does not appear to be running, Waze always is running. you have to delete Waze. then you will not have a problem.

OP
OP
alpha_s550

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
I’m definitely going to try to delete Waze today even though I have it installed yet have never used it!!

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I was having the same issue, found that Waze what the problem and for me uninstalling it fix the problem but I like using Waze because of all of the indicators that it gives you while you’re driving; I found a fix that if I go into the settings for sound in the Waze app and turned the sound settings to alerts only and waited a few seconds and then try to hit the volume buttons or turn the volume knob and it worked correctly, you can leave alerts on but you’ll hear beeps a lot, I turned alerts back off and the volume continued to work properly; that work for me though.
01D475BD-BFF5-41F4-8CCB-B5A859617673.jpeg
Can confirm this works, but there is a catch. You do have to toggle it every time you start the car. Not a huge hassle... its a decent workaround until Waze patches it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alpha_s550

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
Wow that finally fixed the problem!!! Thank you everyone for your help! I would’ve never thought it would be an app I never use causing the problem!

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I use Waze regularly so this has been a major inconvenience. Luckily, after speaking with Waze support, an update is coming soon that fixes the issue.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I use Waze regularly so this has been a major inconvenience. Luckily, after speaking with Waze support, an update is coming soon that fixes the issue.
Glad to hear they are aware of it. In the meantime, you can still use it, but you have to toggle from Off, to Alerts Only, back to Off and it works fine until you get back in and start the car again.

DonaldC79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang
Glad to hear they are aware of it. In the meantime, you can still use it, but you have to toggle from Off, to Alerts Only, back to Off and it works fine until you get back in and start the car again.
Also everyone I had the same issue in a Ford Escape with only 1000 miles(Full disclosure I’m an operations manager for a rental car company so I drive a lot a different vehicles) on it so it seems to be a Ford issue all around; so if you know anyone else with a brand new Ford having the same issue with the volume tell them to use the same fix

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Latest version of Waze was just released and fixes the issue, at least for me.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Also everyone I had the same issue in a Ford Escape with only 1000 miles(Full disclosure I’m an operations manager for a rental car company so I drive a lot a different vehicles) on it so it seems to be a Ford issue all around; so if you know anyone else with a brand new Ford having the same issue with the volume tell them to use the same fix
It’s technically an issue with Waze and Apple CarPlay, not Ford/Sync3. :)

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
No problem with this at all yesterday or today.
Sponsored