Sponsored

Volume is only controlling prompt sound and not music volume?!

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
Hey all,

I have a brand new 2020 Mustang GT, o ly a month and half old and from the beginning, I have been having issues with my sync unit like how my car play doesn’t work 70% of the time but now, a problem that started a few days ago is that no matter when it is, anytime I use apply car play (through usb obviously), my volume seems to only control the prompt volume on my screen and not the actual music volume. I’ve tried resetting my phone, I’ve tried a sync master reset, so on so forth yet nothing has fixed it. I’ve also tried turning on Siri and turning it off to fix the volume adjustment but nothing yet. It’s driving me crazy. Nothing is fixing it!

Has anyone else had this issue?!
3E98697B-3B66-4CFE-94C6-1EE8B8B00000.jpeg
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I had a volume issue with my Sync 3.3. Was driving me crazy. The volume was stuck at 10. Turning it all the way up or down did not change anything. Didn't notice if it changed prompt volume though. The master reset did fix it though. The only other option after that I could think of would be a trip to the dealer. Or you could try calling Ford to see if they can help fix it over the phone or chat.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@alpha_s550 This is a bug with waze, uninstall it and it will fix your issue. I think they must have updated the app and killed it.... Don't ask me how long it took me to figure this out.'

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I finally figured this out. Some people said to reset Sync 3 and that would solve the problem. It didn't for me. I still had the Prompt Volume showing when I was trying to adjust my Audio Volume with ApplePlay using my iPhone.
This is the problem - some how the voice button on the steering wheel was accidentally pressed- very easy to do by mistake when pressing one of the other buttons- especially while driving. This is the button with the face/mouth in the upper right button cluster on the steering wheel, right next to the OK button.
To Solve-
Press the button once- Then Volume will display 'Voice Volume'
Press it again- Then Volume will return to 'Audio Volume'

I looked thru the whole sync section of the owners manual and didn't find anything on this. Hopefully this helps a few of you out there

Joemamma1954

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
The only way i could stop the "prompt volume" was to restart my iphone. I found it only would do the "prompt volume" was when i used Siri. Yet the volume control on the steering wheel would adjust the media volume. So until either Apple or Ford comes up with a fix, I will not use Siri while on CarPlay.

Sponsored

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have exact same problem since few weeks, some app or iOS is buggy I think.
Once I managed to fixed it switching on and off mute, another time by switching to next song using steering wheel buttons. Random fixes I guess.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so this happened again to me this morning. I know I did not touch the face button. I'll try resetting my iPhone again and this time I'm turning Siri off. :curse:

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The only way i could stop the "prompt volume" was to restart my iphone. I found it only would do the "prompt volume" was when i used Siri. Yet the volume control on the steering wheel would adjust the media volume. So until either Apple or Ford comes up with a fix, I will not use Siri while on CarPlay.
I tried this and it didn't work for me. Glad you found the workaround for yourself

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
@alpha_s550 This is a bug with waze, uninstall it and it will fix your issue. I think they must have updated the app and killed it.... Don't ask me how long it took me to figure this out.'
I can confirm this was the cause of my problem. I was going to give a heads up to everybody but I found that there was already a thread on the subject. I was going crazy. I did a master reboot of SYNC, rebooted my phone, tried a different cable, and tried the different USB port. I Googled and found out Waze is giving people problems after their update.

I was having the same problem where adjusting the volume only changed the voice prompt volume... but only with Apple Carplay. The radio worked fine.

I uninstalled Waze and it immediately worked normally again. I plan on regularly checking to see when they update the software and then I will re-install Waze.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm this was the cause of my problem. I was going to give a heads up to everybody but I found that there was already a thread on the subject. I was going crazy. I did a master reboot of SYNC, rebooted my phone, tried a different cable, and tried the different USB port. I Googled and found out Waze is giving people problems after their update.

I was having the same problem where adjusting the volume only changed the voice prompt volume... but only with Apple Carplay. The radio worked fine.

I uninstalled Waze and it immediately worked normally again. I plan on regularly checking to see when they update the software and then I will re-install Waze.
I will try uninstalling Waze this morning and see what happens. This whole thing is getting very frustrating. I was beginning to think it was Siri. Apparently you cannot use Apple car play with Sync without having Siri activated. As soon as I activated it the prompt volume kicks in permanently. To be continued..

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Will add that yes indeed uninstalling Waze works. Hope they patch it soon. Been using it forever and kind of addicted to it. lol

DonaldC79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang
Hey all,

I have a brand new 2020 Mustang GT, o ly a month and half old and from the beginning, I have been having issues with my sync unit like how my car play doesn’t work 70% of the time but now, a problem that started a few days ago is that no matter when it is, anytime I use apply car play (through usb obviously), my volume seems to only control the prompt volume on my screen and not the actual music volume. I’ve tried resetting my phone, I’ve tried a sync master reset, so on so forth yet nothing has fixed it. I’ve also tried turning on Siri and turning it off to fix the volume adjustment but nothing yet. It’s driving me crazy. Nothing is fixing it!

Hey all,

Ok so I was having the same issue, found that Waze what the problem and for me uninstalling it fix the problem but I like using Waze because of all of the indicators that it gives you while you’re driving; I found a fix that if I go into the settings for sound in the Waze app and turned the sound settings to alerts only and waited a few seconds and then try to hit the volume buttons or turn the volume knob and it worked correctly, you can leave alerts on but you’ll hear beeps a lot, I turned alerts back off and the volume continued to work properly; that work for me though.
01D475BD-BFF5-41F4-8CCB-B5A859617673.jpeg

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna have to give that a try myself. Gotta have Waze man!

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I read somewhere else that pressing (hmm forgetting the button) 2 times gives you the regular volume... if I come across it, I'll let ya know... maybe the volume up 2 times... nah that would just increase the volume...

DonaldC79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang
Ok so I was having the same issue, found that Waze what the problem and for me uninstalling it fix the problem but I like using Waze because of all of the indicators that it gives you while you’re driving; I found a fix that if I go into the settings for sound in the Waze app and turned the sound settings to alerts only and waited a few seconds and then try to hit the volume buttons or turn the volume knob and it worked correctly, you can leave alerts on but you’ll hear beeps a lot, I turned alerts back off and the volume continued to work properly; that work for me though.
01D475BD-BFF5-41F4-8CCB-B5A859617673.jpeg
Not sure but you may have to do this when you get back in the car after turning it off.
Sponsored