Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

FarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
So my Phase two upgrade on order and held up due to Roush being closed. No worries on the wait. Last word I have was late May.
Help me out, when this arrives should have latest calibration? And will I have the 123 shutdown or does this remove it?
Nothing to worry about. It will be handled especially with the participation of the guys regularly contributing to this thread

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So my Phase two upgrade on order and held up due to Roush being closed. No worries on the wait. Last word I have was late May.
Help me out, when this arrives should have latest calibration? And will I have the 123 shutdown or does this remove it?

I would say no, u should get the updated tune unless kits have been sitting on the shelf, that being said some of don’t have the shutting off at 123?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Like I said I spoke to Gavin at Roush yesterday and one tune revision has been out since my February 3rd calibration and another ones coming.
Awesome man. I wasn't doubting anyone, just asking questions.
Do you know what the new calibrations are at all?

FarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I would say no, u should get the updated tune unless kits have been sitting on the shelf, that being said some of don’t have the shutting off at 123?
At least you can have something to search for, safely, after you get it

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Come on give us the new times, Deliveryman

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
(My car does NOT have covered parking in the AZ sun when I'm home)

So.. After my post earlier with the Hellpussy and the R/T Charger, I got home and parked my car.. IAT2's were around 145 when I turned it off. (106 degrees today). Got in it 1 hour later and the IAT2's were at 170 when I started it.. Drove it less than a half mile and IAT2's were at 150 when I turned it off. I used the (press brake and hold + on the cruise control) trick when I got out and returned 15 minutes later.. When I started the car, IAT2's were at 145. Car ran strong for the next 2 miles to my destination. Had an s550 gt 350 try to play and boy was he embarrassed.. (Sounded fantastic though until I passed him).

You live in AZ... It's summer. You sure you want a Roush? :)

I don't think your hood will be a problem if it isn't lower than the stock one.
Summer sucks on the Roush here in AZ but it still shit's and get's...

I know it’s that time of the year when you first start your car in the morning the care is already warmed up.
Would Whipple be a better choice for heat soak or are all SC’s going to respond to our heat the same. Wasn’t sure if some had better cooling. I DD the car and do about 4-5 HPDE track weekends a year. I’m open to suggestions. I don’t want the fastest car but I want more than any NA solution has to offer and wanted to avoid turbos if possible.
I have only raced an Edelbrock so I can't help you with the Whipple... The EB wasn't too fast and was trapping what I did in the summer with a Phase 1 kit and drag radials (118mph)

I highly recommend the Nitto NT555Rii tires. They ride nicely, they are quiet and they hook exceptionally well.
My bald 555R's were fantastic on the street in the cold. This summer I am going to install my cradle lockouts and use the stock MP4's at the strip at least once.. The 555r's were good for 0.3" off my 60'.

post your times man. Men and women are waiting to see times.
^^^^^^^ (He Speaks the truth! Good or bad, tell us the score!)

So,.....there's an update on the Phase 2 kit already?
Isn't the factory/research and development team all working from home or furloughed because of the Chinese virus?? How would they make an update to the tune?
Just curious about this. Not doubting anyone, just asking questions.
Probably a new tune. I think since my car doesn't get salty at 120mph, I may not press for the newest tune. She is running very nice right now, even in 106 degree heat.

I don't think there is an answer to your questions. I am a 300a model and when I hit 120mph, my car shifts at 7k... Still runs strong up to 150mph.

Dlvryman, Come on give us the times
See above! Lets see it!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Oh... Also.. Right now I am on the MP4's and they fucking hook in the heat.. I leave TC on and boy howdy, they spin for a second and go.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
One more thing.. No one pulls up next to a hellcat and gives it a "thumbs up" over it's looks :)

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nobody but 420 & Greyhorse have run a P2

The virus hit right after a few of us were gonna race our cars and Deliveryman wont tell us what he ran

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
So I don’t have to search what catch can are you all running? Emailed JLT they just said kindly can’t help.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get on here often but have been waiting for someone to post a Phase 2 time. My original install was the week before Christmas and went back for Phase 2 calibration February 3rd. Spoke to Gavin yesterday at Roush and since my original Phase 2 calibration install there has been an update. He opened a ticket for the next update that's coming. Will keep everyone posted on that. I did take my car to the track back in March and made a run as soon as i got there next pass was almost 3 hours later and the motor was nice and cool. Temp was 56 64% humidity and DA was -601. Not the weather I've had to work with in the past couple of years but it was the best weather I was going to get. I'm still waiting for a reveal from someone else before I post my times. 24lbs in Toyo Proxes R888Rs, 5 gallons of Sunoco 260 GT 100 on top of a 1/8 of a tank of 93. Only suspension mod is the Ford Performance Knuckle to Toe Link Bearings. M-5A460-M. I used these in my 2016 GT and my 2018. I've found em to be worth a little over a half a tenth.
Not posting? ruh-uh. That can't be good.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I want the quarter mile average from all you Roush boyz on this thread. 3000 pages later....
Just the facts. That’s all I’ve posted