capt_sneaky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys and gals,

I am looking into getting a lund tune with a roush or corsa cold air intake. I had some questions maybe this forum can help answer.

How accurate is the diagnostics on the lund tune?
Does it clean up the rev hang and shifting in the car ?
What other benefits that are overlooked with a tune other than performance gains?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You can also benefit from the trans tuning especially if your car does not come equipped with the drive modes.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Just went Lund E85r on mine, its an animal. I love it, they were quick and got me dialed in no problem. Great experience for me with Lund.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
How accurate is the diagnostics on the lund tune?
??? How could you ever use inaccurate data to tune a car?

Does it clean up the rev hang and shifting in the car ?
Yes, the car will have improved drivability and it'll shift harder when you want it to.

What other benefits that are overlooked with a tune other than performance gains?
You can potentially get better gas mileage but it's probably negligible. The best thing you get with a tune is peace of mind that the motor is getting proper air and fuel, rather than the OEM tune designed around fuel efficiency.

Also, skip the cold air intake as it does nothing. Your money would be much better spent on some LU47 injectors so you can run E85.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
If you are contemplating a tune.... Do it! you wont regret it. You may regret not doing it sooner. I waited till I had atleast 5k miles on the car. I read everyone said it made a big difference. And its no joke.... I just didnt think it would be as big of a difference. Granted I did quite a few things at once. But I was impressed with the 91-93 tune from lund. Then after switching to the e85r tune, from 3k up its an animal. Even half throttle will get er loose. As for gas mileage, it will be less on the E, also its hard to not get on it. But at .90 cents a gallon here, I dont care. Have a feeling the rear tires will have to be replaced mid summer. LOL. If summer ever shows up. I say its time for you to put that stimulus money to work. :like:

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You get a ton of benefits going with a Lund tune that make it completely worth it. The power gains you get, not just up top, but down low, makes the car feel completely different and not as sluggish. monitoring things with the Ngauge is accurate and a great way to see everything that is going on as well. Hit me up if you have any questions, we are the biggest Lund Racing dealer in the world. Lethalperformance.com

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
For those of you with the lund tune, how long did it take to get the initial tune? AM sent my tune request to Lund this AM. I am selfishly hoping to have it some time tomorrow so i can drive all the 93 out of the car this weekend. Any chance Ill get it?

Also ditto on the intake. Lund told me pretty directly not to waste my money on one. They said Headers were the best bet if you plan to boost in the future. Otherwise id assume you could do something with the intake.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Also ditto on the intake. Lund told me pretty directly not to waste my money on one. They said Headers were the best bet if you plan to boost in the future. Otherwise id assume you could do something with the intake.
Yep, and only if you plan to do a supercharger. You'll be taking those longtubes off if you end up going turbo.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
For those of you with the lund tune, how long did it take to get the initial tune? AM sent my tune request to Lund this AM. I am selfishly hoping to have it some time tomorrow so i can drive all the 93 out of the car this weekend. Any chance Ill get it?

I ordered mine I think on a early AM sunday morning and had the N gauge on that tuesday and the tune maybe the day before. I cant recall but it was quick. I only used my steeda closed top intake since I had purchased it from a fellow member months prior. I did wait to load the tune sice I said screw it n ordered longtubes and other goodies. That way it would all be on for initial data log. But they are quick turn around.

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver

Lund has been swamped with requests the past week especially with the stimulus check going around. I believe they said they have 2-300 tune requests to go through. Just be patient. Before all this it’d normally take about 15-30 min for a reply in between datalogs which is great customer service.

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Lund has been swamped with requests the past week especially with the stimulus check going around. I believe they said they have 2-300 tune requests to go through. Just be patient. Before all this it’d normally take about 15-30 min for a reply in between datalogs which is great customer service.
I figured as much. Im just not a very patient guy. I went with Lund because they have a great reputation. I am just super excited. I will post back about how my car changes after 93 and then e85.

DSW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT PP
Stimulus checks being used for car mods... I love it.

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Stimulus checks being used for car mods... I love it.
Sort of guilty. I used mine to pay off a bill, and used the money ear marked for the Bill for a tune.
Sponsored