Bullitt Shopping...first impressions

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I enjoyed your review, and you’ve got quite an impressive muscle car fleet!

Dealers in my area started offering 0% for 84mos and no payment for 90 days on the bullitt...hard to pass up!
Damn I just missed that deal man that’s a deal wow. And thank you for the compliments.
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
...Unlike my past mustangs, this is a real cruiser. The tall gearing is obvious and unfortunate, as I never even made it into 6th on my short highway stint...
The Bullitt comes with a 3.73 Torsen LSD rear-end (not generally considered a 'tall' rear-end, maybe an 'in between'). The 10spd auto GTs come with a 3.55 rear-end. Did your past Mustangs have shorter rear-ends like, say 4.10? I sometimes hit 70 on my almost daily 'commute' to look after my elderly mother, and don't bother shifting into 6th, but it's useful on long freeway slogs.

OP
OP

Bishop295

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
93 GT
The Bullitt comes with a 3.73 Torsen LSD rear-end (not generally considered a 'tall' rear-end, maybe an 'in between'). The 10spd auto GTs come with a 3.55 rear-end. Did your past Mustangs have shorter rear-ends like, say 4.10? I sometimes hit 70 on my almost daily 'commute' to look after my elderly mother, and don't bother shifting into 6th, but it's useful on long freeway slogs.
My 98, 07 and current 93 were swapped to 3.73’s. With their mods coupled with the transmission gearing(and lack of 6th gear) I was definitely shifting early and often...and higher in the rev range on highway. The low end torque of those engines made them seem less “relaxed” at highway speeds.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bishop295

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
93 GT
6th is a HGWY cruiser gear to save gas.

Great explanation, and one of the reasons I think so many Bullitts are still sitting on lots.

It would almost seem that Ford is purposely trying to steer people away from manual transmissions...

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
AC035037-3E2E-4B74-9D5A-F65835F7E2CC.jpeg
280FDAE0-F74D-44D4-8112-4E9D008964AC.jpeg
Great explanation, and one of the reasons I think so many Bullitts are still sitting on lots.

It would almost seem that Ford is purposely trying to steer people away from manual transmissions...
Excellent Video and this now totally confirms my feelings how my GT 10speed auto is truly the fun car factor. I have said from day one my GT feels as fast as my Hellcats and now my GT500 off the line. And sure the Bullitt is the slow poke to a degree but for sure a lot of driver fun time and she’s fast over all. And it’s interesting how I was driving her and and was noticing how the 2nd gear is the go to gear. Reminds me of my 2008 Z06 Corvette which you could be doing 50 -60 mph and just drop her to 2nd gear and blast her.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Anyone worked with a dealer recently to gets Bullit? What are the discounts looking like!?

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Anyone worked with a dealer recently to gets Bullit? What are the discounts looking like!?
I have not worked with a dealer recently, but logic dictates that bullitts will be a pretty good value as most dealers should technically not even be open. In my area, the maintenance side can be open (required job), but most of the salesmen are trying to fly under the radar and still get in a sale or two. With existing inventory on the lot and new inventor scheduled to arrive, they have to move the stock or eat some losses as the supply is currently outpacing the demand.

A quick search on car-gurus (not an advert, just saying where I went) pulled 718 new bullitts (19/20) nationwide. Of those, the ebony ones seem to be falling off a bit quicker. For example, there is a ebony one in Delray Beach, FL for around 44k (with magni/electronic). If you want to join the non-magni camp, you can get one from Lakeland, Fl for about 38k. Hell, if you want magni, but dont want to pay 44, you can find one in Rockwall, Tx for about 40. Even during a national emergency, you should expect to pay a bit for more Highland Green (if that matters to you).

If you really want to save some cash, grab a lightly used one. You should be able to find more than a few that are under 500miles, but please note that some people grabbed the car, tried to track the car and then took it back for a track car (350).

Right now is the time to grab a car if you can afford it (your job is secure ect.). IMO by fall, many companies will be trying to makeup for their spring/summer losses. Yes, I know companies work on quarters, but people (who often run companies) rarely forget a dollar lost until they make it up else-ware.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I have not worked with a dealer recently, but logic dictates that bullitts will be a pretty good value as most dealers should technically not even be open. In my area, the maintenance side can be open (required job), but most of the salesmen are trying to fly under the radar and still get in a sale or two. With existing inventory on the lot and new inventor scheduled to arrive, they have to move the stock or eat some losses as the supply is currently outpacing the demand.

A quick search on car-gurus (not an advert, just saying where I went) pulled 718 new bullitts (19/20) nationwide. Of those, the ebony ones seem to be falling off a bit quicker. For example, there is a ebony one in Delray Beach, FL for around 44k (with magni/electronic). If you want to join the non-magni camp, you can get one from Lakeland, Fl for about 38k. Hell, if you want magni, but dont want to pay 44, you can find one in Rockwall, Tx for about 40. Even during a national emergency, you should expect to pay a bit for more Highland Green (if that matters to you).

If you really want to save some cash, grab a lightly used one. You should be able to find more than a few that are under 500miles, but please note that some people grabbed the car, tried to track the car and then took it back for a track car (350).

Right now is the time to grab a car if you can afford it (your job is secure ect.). IMO by fall, many companies will be trying to makeup for their spring/summer losses. Yes, I know companies work on quarters, but people (who often run companies) rarely forget a dollar lost until they make it up else-ware.

I really appreciate the insight! This is incredibly helpful. I'm actually wanting the ebony color. I'm a huge fan of black (despite bitching about cleaning it lol). I've reached out to a few dealers, some presenting a massive discount. Unfortunately, the few that have responded have charged OVER MSRP. Yes, you heard that correct. I'll keep shopping around.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I really appreciate the insight! This is incredibly helpful. I'm actually wanting the ebony color. I'm a huge fan of black (despite bitching about cleaning it lol). I've reached out to a few dealers, some presenting a massive discount. Unfortunately, the few that have responded have charged OVER MSRP. Yes, you heard that correct. I'll keep shopping around.
**please note the suggestions may involve actions that require caution as we are in a communicable virus epidemic. If this is out of your comfort zone or a solid price is not worth the risk, ABORT!**
  1. The most dangerous / cheapest option would be to:
    1. Make sure you are not in a covid hotbed that is under :stop:HARD:stop: lockdown
      1. If you are, the rest of this method is moot
    2. Target a specific area that is related to your work related trek.
      1. most areas have an "auto mile" or some such craziness that is outside of the metro area.
    3. Prepare for a PPE day! (go ALL out with scrubs, mask, gloves, ect).
    4. Visually / Digitally inspect which dealerships are :bandit:active:bandit:.
    5. Visually / Digitally inspect which dealerships have a black bullitt
    6. Pull into the parking spot for the maintenance department
    7. Head to the sales side (MAKE SURE YOU GOT THAT PPE ON!)
  2. Another option would be to:
    1. Use the ford.com website to search for prices (they typically dont fudge those to much)
  3. Another option would be to:
    1. Call up your dealership (whoever you got your civic from), and talk to the salesperson that sold you that car. Get honest with them and let em know that you want a black bullitt for xxxxx price. Ask them if they can make that happen.
  4. Yet another option is to:
    1. Continue to call up a local, REPUTABLE, ford dealership. Let them know that you want to make the jump to ford from honda (even if you don't plan on selling your civic). You can even say something along the lines of, "Your commercials hit me in the feels":facepalm::facepalm:. No matter what, you know that, just like your honda salesperson, they need sales atm so roll some diplomacy and see if they can get a bullitt on their lot for you at xxxxx price.
    2. Note that you might be able to use a Mustang Club of America membership to gain some traction with this method. Just note that the Xplan pricing is based on the stock price, so your mileage may vary.
There are several members far more skilled in method 4 on this forum. Try mining the forum a bit to see more specifics on method 3 or 4 as those methods will keep you out of the covid crosshairs. The only downside to options 3 & 4 is that it is easy money for the salesman so they might not give maximum effort if they know they have an easy phone deal rolling in.
Sponsored