Sponsored

Are the Chinese lying about their number of deaths due to CV19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
In our defense of the underage alcohol sales they are legal to carry guns at 18 there so we figure whats the harm? :)
Guns, alcohol, power tools and a sports car---what more does an 18 year old need. Here, hold my beer and watch this...don't worry about that stupid seat belt; I got this!
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is a mistake to associate this with our press. Russia is dealing with their own internal issues, while focusing, at the same time, on increasing their influence and decreasing ours abroad. They are playing chess while we play checkers. In addition to winning favor in Italy and elsewhere, while eroding our influence, they are about to start providing supplies to us!! "From Russia with Love." In the meantime, we are worried about the battle between Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and other such businesses.
I will admit that I'm not a political animal, but I don't understand how Putin is increasing their influence. Dude has shown time and time again that he isn't trustworthy. When I heard the Russians were sending aid I immediately thought something negative about them. Basically I trust aid from Putin as much as I would trust aid from China. Actually less trust goes to the Russians.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I will admit that I'm not a political animal, but I don't understand how Putin is increasing their influence. Dude has shown time and time again that he isn't trustworthy. When I heard the Russians were sending aid I immediately thought something negative about them. Basically I trust aid from Putin as much as I would trust aid from China. Actually less trust goes to the Russians.
Trust that you, an American armed with memories of the Cold War, are unique in that regard; therefore, you are not the target.

Don't want to go on a data mining adventure, but you'll find that the Russian information campaign is far more effective than most imagine, in the States as well as abroad. That WSJ article, though a single data point, captures it well.

Why is it important?
  • Russia has launched a number of unprovoked cyber attacks, the most notable was the 2007 attack on Estonia
  • 2008 Russia invaded GEO (still there)
  • 2014 Russia invaded Ukraine (still there)
  • 2018 Russia used Novichok nerve agent in the UK to kill former agents
  • The world response has been to support GEO and UKR (somewhat) and to place heavy sanctions on RU
  • Sanctions are unquestionably taking their toll
Why not more decisive action?
  • Maintaining sanctions is challenging because of economic implications (Nord Stream 2 is the biggest example)
  • Despite our Cold War experience, Russia was an Ally in the Second World War and suffered greatly; there is still empathy for that
  • Most important, RU has an effective information campaign that they use to divide and conquer (note the Finnish response discussed earlier, which is replicated in many of the Nordic and Baltic States)
Again, they are playing chess while we play checkers. The result is that our influence is eroding while they methodically gain ground in the information sphere, which enables their diplomatic and economic leverage. Thing of the Italian with dying parents and grandparents whose first responder was Russian...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Trust that you, an American armed with memories of the Cold War, are unique in that regard; therefore, you are not the target.

Don't want to go on a data mining adventure, but you'll find that the Russian information campaign is far more effective than most imagine, in the States as well as abroad. That WSJ article, though a single data point, captures it well.

Why is it important?
  • Russia has launched a number of unprovoked cyber attacks, the most notable was the 2007 attack on Estonia
  • 2008 Russia invaded GEO (still there)
  • 2014 Russia invaded Ukraine (still there)
  • 2018 Russia used Novichok nerve agent in the UK to kill former agents
  • The world response has been to support GEO and UKR (somewhat) and to place heavy sanctions on RU
  • Sanctions are unquestionably taking their toll
Why not more decisive action?
  • Maintaining sanctions is challenging because of economic implications (Nord Stream 2 is the biggest example)
  • Despite our Cold War experience, Russia was an Ally in the Second World War and suffered greatly; there is still empathy for that
  • Most important, RU has an effective information campaign that they use to divide and conquer (note the Finnish response discussed earlier, which is replicated in many of the Nordic and Baltic States)
Again, they are playing chess while we play checkers. The result is that our influence is eroding while they methodically gain ground in the information sphere, which enables their diplomatic and economic leverage. Thing of the Italian with dying parents and grandparents whose first responder was Russian...
That helped me. Thanks. I would still think that people - anyone - around the world will need a 10+ year break in hostile actions and/or change in government in Russia before they tend to trust anything from that country. Unless they aren't getting news of what Russia has been doing (your bullet points).

I wouldn't blame citizens of a country for the actions of their leader. I actually really like the character of the Russian people (generalizing here based on my experiences reading books written by people from that part of the world). But Putin has got to go.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That helped me. Thanks. I would still think that people - anyone - around the world will need a 10+ year break in hostile actions and/or change in government in Russia before they tend to trust anything from that country. Unless they aren't getting news of what Russia has been doing (your bullet points).

I wouldn't blame citizens of a country for the actions of their leader. I actually really like the character of the Russian people (generalizing here based on my experiences reading books written by people from that part of the world). But Putin has got to go.
Unfortunately, I don't think what Russia is doing crests the average citizen's interest threshhold. The only way to bring attention to it would be through a concerted effort, like that taken by our Nordic & Baltic friends. Otherwise, we get constant mixed signals, like the one that is about to be sent regarding them providing medical equipment to us and lowering gas prices--chess moves. Add to that the fact that they are a nuclear power...

I think many would agree with your position on the Russian people. Their contributions to art and history are amazing. To that end, a few countries bordering RU recently changed their "counter Ru aggression" narrative to "counter Kremlin aggression". At the same time, most who deal with Russia recognize the risk of "mirror imaging." Russians do not think like us, and therefore action-reaction-counteraction do not follow the pattern that we would logically predict.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Guns, alcohol, power tools and a sports car---what more does an 18 year old need. Here, hold my beer and watch this...don't worry about that stupid seat belt; I got this!
A compliant girl

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Russian authorities state, "We will not be outdone in the lie department by the Chinese!"

Russian authorities detained the leader of an independent doctors’ union, an outspoken critic of the Kremlin who has dismissed as “lies” the country’s low official numbers for coronavirus infections.

Anastasia Vasilieva, the head of the Alliance of Doctors, was stopped by the police on Thursday and held overnight while traveling from Moscow to an impoverished rural town to deliver masks, gloves and other supplies to a local hospital, a colleague who was traveling with her said.
Russia on Friday reported 601 new infections, down from 771 new cases reported on Thursday, bringing the total number to 4,419. This is a fourfold increase over the past week but still far fewer than the more than 245,000 cases reported in the United States and nearly 118,000 in Spain and 115,000 in Italy.

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mexican Authorities pray that CV19 deaths outpace cartel violence to no avail!

Mexico registered more murders in March than in any other of President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador's months in office, preliminary figures show, suggesting that coronavirus-related social distancing measures were not enough to curb raging violence.

The country saw 2,585 murders in March, an average of around 83 per day, according to data on victims reported by state prosecutors and the federal government. That was the highest monthly number since June 2019.

Lopez Obrador, who took office in December 2018, acknowledged on Friday that violence driven by organized crime had persisted in March, despite the government's introduction of measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus, such as suspending classes and urging residents of the capital to stay home.

"It seemed in late March, when the coronavirus had become more widespread, that we would have a considerable reduction (in violence)," he said during his regular morning news conference.

"Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way."

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Chinese claim Russians are "Rookies" at spreading worldwide disinformation compared to them!

The scenes outside funeral homes have increased skepticism about the reported death toll, which many believe has been understated by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), an organization infamous for industrial-scale dissemination of lies and misinformation. Another Wuhan citizen, named Mr. Zhang, laid out his theory online:

The community center orders you to get the ashes. Afterward, you have to prepare everything else. Just exactly how many Wuhan residents have died from the virus if the line at the cemetery is so long? China’s official media reported over 3,000 coronavirus deaths. I think the real figure is at least ten times the official figure, and even 100 times is not impossible.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
According to Russian media the Italians were singing the Russian anthem in the streets when they heard that 'aid' was heading their way - only nobody told the Italians and later the Russians had to withdraw the statement.

I think you can trust Putin - to always do what is best for him first, Russia second and the rest of the world a distant third !

Sponsored
OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Swiss make sure the Rich and Famous are well taken care of!
GENEVA: The hotel and tourism industries have been all but f ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
According to Russian media the Italians were singing the Russian anthem in the streets when they heard that 'aid' was heading their way - only nobody told the Italians and later the Russians had to withdraw the statement.

I think you can trust Putin - to always do what is best for him first, Russia second and the rest of the world a distant third !
Aaahh a new headline. This is fun!
Russia trades Italians their freedom and future for 17 N95 respirator masks!

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Monkeys and Apes chain smoking to release stress of higher humanoids screwing up planet!
It comes as the number of coronavirus cases continues to rocket in South East Asia, with many people in war-torn Cambodia travelling to neighbouring countries for medical treatment.
OIP.jpg

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Australia kicks all "dirty" "virus ridden" foreigners out of country!
Australia's Prime Minister has told all foreign visitors and students to leave the country now amid fury at backpackers for failing to follow social distancing rules.

Scott Morrison said that while those with essential skills - such as visiting doctors and nurses - will be encouraged to stay, it was past time for everyone else to 'make their way home'.

It comes after one hostel in Sydney was shut down after police were called to break up a party, while tourists also packed on to Bondi Beach despite warnings not to gather outdoors.

OP
OP
Docscurlock

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Radical Islamists upset CV19 terrorizing people more than they do!
A knife-wielding Sudanese migrant shouting “Allahu Akbar!” has stabbed two people to death and wounded “at least” seven others in France.
However, a later BBC report — which did not mention the suspect’s nationality or alleged cry of “Allahu Akbar!” — said he attacked the shopkeeper and customers at a tobacconist before moving on to a nearby butcher’s shop. Suspected terrorist suing local authorities because the butcher had a bigger knife than he had.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Radical Islamists upset CV19 terrorizing people more than they do!
A knife-wielding Sudanese migrant shouting “Allahu Akbar!” has stabbed two people to death and wounded “at least” seven others in France.
However, a later BBC report — which did not mention the suspect’s nationality or alleged cry of “Allahu Akbar!” — said he attacked the shopkeeper and customers at a tobacconist before moving on to a nearby butcher’s shop. Suspected terrorist suing local authorities because the butcher had a bigger knife than he had.
I think you will find the BBC quoted a french report and the BBC did include the nationality of the assailant - try not to make things up even if it does sound better

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52165522

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/fai...ieurs-personnes-a-romans-sur-isere-1585993439
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.