Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Didn't know they were a Roush Authorized dealer. What did they quote you? Who else have you tried?
With the upgrade kit, they estimated it would up to two hours for installation and programming. Although they said that they would only charge me for the actual time they spend on it. The estimate was ~$850 with the Roush upgrade.

In regards to the other dealers that I have tried to deal with:
Suburban Ford Dealerships: I will NOT support them in any way. They have three strikes against them with me and my wife. One of the dealerships tried to sell my wife a new Expedition ($70K) that was in a flood, the underside was completely rusted and the interior exposed steel head rest stands were corroded. I had already sold my other car and refused to take delivery of this one, so I had to Uber my family and self back home. One of their other dealerships was supposed to replace the racing stripes on my Mustang under warranty, but refused to set up a date for me to get it done. I would talk to them in person, email and call them, but they completely ignore me. Then there was something else that escapes me at this moment...
Bill Brown: Refused to give me a quote for the initial installation of the Phase I supercharger when I purchased the car. A month after getting the manager finally got back with me and apologized.
Varsity Ford: This place did the installation of the Phase I supercharger when I first purchased my 19' Mustang. Since then, they decided to stop doing the supercharger installations for some reason. Not sure why. I had referred a couple of my work friends to them and they both were turned down by the service manager.
Skalnek Ford: This dealership is my local dealership and is excellent, but they are not a Roush authorized dealer. Sadly, they aren't able to do the work for me when it comes to working on the supercharger :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wait, I thought as long as u were a ASE certified mechanic u could do the Roush warranty work if need be? Do they have to be a Roush approved dealer?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
For warranty work, they need to be authorized Roush dealer. Installation can be done by a non-Roush dealer but the tech must have some credentials.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looks like those street hits are fun, your spinning in those videos

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
For warranty work, they need to be authorized Roush dealer. Installation can be done by a non-Roush dealer but the tech must have some credentials.
That's awesome. My mechanic and his business partner are both with over 40 years of ASE certification. (They own the business. Only a 3 person team. The 2 mechanics and the wife of one of them runs the office/billings/paperwork.)

What is that specific tool that is needed to download the Roush tune?
Does anyone know what it is specifically called? I would love to just bring it to them and have them install the LTR and Phase 2 tune at some point.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Ill be hitting the track sunday 1/8 mile (south carolina motorplex (orangeburg)) have the phase 2 and larger ltr , 305 m/t et street r’s all the rear suspension mods pp2 car a10 auto 301a car ill post what i get it feels like she will be in the 6’s driving around or atleast im hoping!
I was seeing a 45 degree delta on iat’s while cruising but now see 39-40 degree delta but does jump up on boost but it does recover a little quicker so maybe the ltr and the tune running fans more often will help

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Below is what the installation instructions says about flashing the tune. The RDT-CALIM manual is available online as a pdf.

PCM FLASHING
1. If equipped with a SAE J2534 pass through device,
refer to the RDT-CALIM manual found on our website.
The RDT-CALIM manual will guide you through the
ROUSH Diagnostic Tool (RDT) software installation
process and the ROUSH PCM fl ashing procedure.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
For those that said they were OTD at 8400-8600, how much did you get the blower for? Seems like cheapest i can find is around 7800,but that would make your install costs dirt cheap. When i first started looking into this dealer qouted me about 9600 OTD and that was before stage 2 was an option.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For those that said they were OTD at 8400-8600, how much did you get the blower for? Seems like cheapest i can find is around 7800,but that would make your install costs dirt cheap. When i first started looking into this dealer qouted me about 9600 OTD and that was before stage 2 was an option.
I told my Ford Performance Dealer Whipple and Edelbrock were doing a 10% off for Black Friday this was the Friday before, he called me back the following Monday and said he could do the same. 7,699.00 -10% 6,929.10 plus tax brought it to 7,379.49. I paid 1100 and change for the installation, so I was closer to 8,500 out the door. When the Phase 2 became available I paid 450 and 1hour labor plus tax for the Reflash as I had the newest LTR in my Kit. Hope this helps.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
With the upgrade kit, they estimated it would up to two hours for installation and programming. Although they said that they would only charge me for the actual time they spend on it. The estimate was ~$850 with the Roush upgrade.

In regards to the other dealers that I have tried to deal with:
Suburban Ford Dealerships: I will NOT support them in any way. They have three strikes against them with me and my wife. One of the dealerships tried to sell my wife a new Expedition ($70K) that was in a flood, the underside was completely rusted and the interior exposed steel head rest stands were corroded. I had already sold my other car and refused to take delivery of this one, so I had to Uber my family and self back home. One of their other dealerships was supposed to replace the racing stripes on my Mustang under warranty, but refused to set up a date for me to get it done. I would talk to them in person, email and call them, but they completely ignore me. Then there was something else that escapes me at this moment...
Bill Brown: Refused to give me a quote for the initial installation of the Phase I supercharger when I purchased the car. A month after getting the manager finally got back with me and apologized.
Varsity Ford: This place did the installation of the Phase I supercharger when I first purchased my 19' Mustang. Since then, they decided to stop doing the supercharger installations for some reason. Not sure why. I had referred a couple of my work friends to them and they both were turned down by the service manager.
Skalnek Ford: This dealership is my local dealership and is excellent, but they are not a Roush authorized dealer. Sadly, they aren't able to do the work for me when it comes to working on the supercharger :(
lafontaine Birch run and Hines park both sell New Roush vehicles and are the 9nly ones I know who can service Roush built vehicles. I bought my stage 2 Roush from Hines Park but Birch run is closer. They might give you a much better install price. I’ll be checking in the spring.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

They had a 4th of July sale. Was like a $1000+ off

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Call Terry at Beef Cake Racing, He will give u a phenomenal price on the kit, then see what your dealer will charge u for install

bpoutsider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
I went to the strip tonight with two goals, 9.5 & 150. I got the 150 but just missed on the 9.5. But I’m starting to think I might just have a bracket car.
6DE63EB0-7A65-4499-ABA1-56E314D9C430.jpeg

2018 Roush w/ Fore 1L fuel system, PBD E85 tune, 2.9 VMP pulley, and 100 wet shot.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I went to the strip tonight with two goals, 9.5 & 150. I got the 150 but just missed on the 9.5. But I’m starting to think I might just have a bracket car.
6DE63EB0-7A65-4499-ABA1-56E314D9C430.jpeg

2018 Roush w/ Fore 1L fuel system, PBD E85 tune, 2.9 VMP pulley, and 100 wet shot.

Curious are u running the VMP 3 pass HE, or an ice tank wit your setup?

Any passes on just boost?

Very impressive