Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
darn. Never even knew about these. For a daily driver with no track, are these far superior than what I just ordered and received?

I ordered progressive sport springs, and pro action non adjustable shocks struts for ecoboost.

I’m not changing but in future maybe upgrade if it’s way better?

I’m non performance back, ecoboost. So I’m currently probably the worst suspension out of the entire line up (which I’ve had really no complaints with) lol. I just hope me hitting patched holes on highway doesn’t feel like hitting giant pot holes
You are just fine. Make sure you re-use your poly foam bump stop bushings and trim only 1/2 in. Or you can order ready to go from Steeda.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4453-s550-mustang-jounce-bumper-bumpstop
Steeda Tech
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order today, can you verify these are the right billet upgrades mounts for rear shocks?

also, I ordered the dust covers for struts and shocks and billet mounting hardware

those don’t come with the handling package 1 correct? I just don’t want to purchase twice. Sounds like they are additional options though so bought them

I bought the steeda bump stops today, being a non performance pack, I figure just go full set and be done

ahhhh crap, I ordered the adjustable bump stops, not the pre cut ones you posted. Can you change this for me?
C2B8D671-AB20-4E5C-9D74-B3B8489B0677.png

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Sent a message. Thanks

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
From P.K. Thank you! Team Steeda!

First off, I decided to go with Steedas DIFM option because I really did NOT want to mess with disassembling the old struts and reassembling the new ones. Recieving fully built struts with Steedas camber plates already installed saved me some headaches. Simply install the struts into the car when you get them! Secondly, the ride is most excellent. I chose the Progressive Sport spring option, because I most drive my car to and from work but autocross a few times a year. My car is a non-PP GT and rode more like a Cadillac in stock form. Not anymore. This setup really firmed it up, but not like you're in an old jeep. Now, instead of floating over railroad tracks, the car feels planted to ground, yet doesnt jar you to death. Lastly, Steedas reputation precedes them with the fit and finish of their products. The autcoross season ended before I could get these installed but I'm anxious to see how they do in course.
Rating: 5

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
SteedaTech -

How will these shocks/struts pair with the Ford Performance M-5300-X Street Lowing Springs (1” drop)? Thanks!
I got the x springs/Steeda active combo and love it. Used the Ford Performance bump stops that came with springs. I would recommend the Steeda camber plates, alignment shop tried to get front back to factory specs but ended up with a Ford Performance spec, just a little more wear on inside of tires.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I got the x springs/Steeda active combo and love it. Used the Ford Performance bump stops that came with springs. I would recommend the Steeda camber plates, alignment shop tried to get front back to factory specs but ended up with a Ford Performance spec, just a little more wear on inside of tires.
We appreciate the feedback!

For those watching, the Steeda Camber Plates are here:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-camber-plates-15-16-all-555-8139.html

They are a thing of beauty!

555%208139_02.jpg

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Hey Guys,

I got the Steeda Active Shocks, progressive lowering spring, bump stop, and camber plates now for about 1500 miles on them. However, these are my issues and if you guys have the same issue. I have some squeaking noise on the back when I go over bumps which were there from the start but has gotten worse now. Next is I am getting a bit of bounce or aftershock when I go over the bumps, like deep ones and my foot goes off the gas sometimes. Is this normal or no? Driving on highway feels ok though.

Thanks!

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hey Guys,

I got the Steeda Active Shocks, progressive lowering spring, bump stop, and camber plates now for about 1500 miles on them. However, these are my issues and if you guys have the same issue. I have some squeaking noise on the back when I go over bumps which were there from the start but has gotten worse now. Next is I am getting a bit of bounce or aftershock when I go over the bumps, like deep ones and my foot goes off the gas sometimes. Is this normal or no? Driving on highway feels ok though.

Thanks!
Please pm your contact info and I will get with you in the am on corrective action.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,
If you took off the rear sway bar links and did not get them torqued properly that could be your noise. Also did you torque suspension loaded? When tightening the big blue cradle bolts make sure you raise cradle to body with Jack then tighten bolts. First time I lowered cradle and raised cradle back up with bolts, I thought bolts were tight it wasn’t and made noise on bumps. Springs not sitting in rubber mounts correctly will make noise. I feel your pain, good luck.

Thanks!

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Please pm your contact info and I will get with you in the am on corrective action.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech
I'm about to have my Steeda Active shocks/struts installed. Clue me in on that corrective action as well. I need to know what to look for.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm about to have my Steeda Active shocks/struts installed. Clue me in on that corrective action as well. I need to know what to look for.
Make sure you only remove 1/2 in from production bump stops or run the Steeda pre-cut poly foam stops.
Re-torque suspension at curb which is on a drive on lift with full weight on all four corners.
Have the vehicle re-aligned.
Steeda Tech

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you only remove 1/2 in from production bump stops or run the Steeda pre-cut poly foam stops.
Re-torque suspension at curb which is on a drive on lift with full weight on all four corners.
Steeda Tech
Just to be clear, if there's no problem with the install, the shop should put the car on a lift and have the suspension re-torqued with full weight on all four corners AND have the vehicle re-aligned?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Correct, Tire pressure and alignment is the last procedure.

Steeda Tech

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Steeda Tech
I am thinking about doing these a bit at a time (doing it myself which I enjoy, so extra labor is a benefit, not a cost). If I go in this order, do I only need an alignment after the springs?
1. Shocks
2. Struts
3. Springs

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am thinking about doing these a bit at a time (doing it myself which I enjoy, so extra labor is a benefit, not a cost). If I go in this order, do I only need an alignment after the springs?
1. Shocks
2. Struts
3. Springs
In order to do springs you need to take everything apart so yes do an alignment after spring install
Sponsored