Sponsored

Back in a mustang

Phxrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
After my Ecoboost was totaled I went online and found a 2016 GT premium with 13500 miles on VROOM, I was nervous about buying online but after it was delivered I took it to my mechanic who said it was a solid car and I got a great.

I test drove the Camaro and loved driving it,, but the used ones I test drove seemed beat up and some of the GM quality control issues were there.

I am gonna get ceramic pro applied to it this week since it’s a black car. Also tint.
I want to color the brake calipers , any suggestions or just got with the red? Also should i get them painted or get the plastic covers?

I love the premium screen but the stereo is not much louder over the standard , any suggestions ?

I am glad to be back in a mustang
5C6CFA0B-D90E-457B-8EF8-EB9DBC7C4C76.jpeg
4EF18AD2-F696-4CE6-BAE9-D0E86AF229FE.jpeg
1E5EF62D-0A70-404A-A92D-F48B24A57474.jpeg
Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I will say the red calipers will really pop off all that black so that will look cool.

I will say that wherever you take it to have the ceramic done make sure they do a total paint correction first. I'm sure with it being black its gonna have quite a few little things that need corrected. There are some very good videos on YouTube that show the correct steps in order to properly apply ceramic the main one being the correction/prep. If it wasn't so crazy expensive I'd have PPF put all over mine as that would actually provide more protection against chips and scratches then have ceramic applied over top.

Great looking car and again the red calipers are gonna look great

OP
OP

Phxrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
I will say the red calipers will really pop off all that black so that will look cool.

I will say that wherever you take it to have the ceramic done make sure they do a total paint correction first. I'm sure with it being black its gonna have quite a few little things that need corrected. There are some very good videos on YouTube that show the correct steps in order to properly apply ceramic the main one being the correction/prep. If it wasn't so crazy expensive I'd have PPF put all over mine as that would actually provide more protection against chips and scratches then have ceramic applied over top.

Great looking car and again the red calipers are gonna look great

Thanks , should I put any stripes on it or keep it plain? Was thinking maybe red stripes or red down the side

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
Thanks , should I put any stripes on it or keep it plain? Was thinking maybe red stripes or red down the side
Really based on personal taste. Though I appreciate and like red stripes on a black car, at times it almost feels played out across all the different sport cars, not just Mustangs.

These days I appreaciate the look of the more subtle silver stripes on black.

If I didn't have the black accent package and the black roof that comes with it, I would probably go with silver stripes on my Royal Crimson, saw pictures of this combo once and I was surprised how striking it looked, especially since I am normally not much of a fan of silver, but here lately in the Mustang world, it has been growing on me...

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Nice looking Mustang, Phxrider.
Please don't DONK it... Thanks.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
First off, congrats on your new mistress, sorry I meant black car. Before ceramic I would highly suggest some PPF. At a minimum do the front clip. You can also do the "A" pillars (my kryptonite), and the quarters behind the rear wheels. As was said before with ceramic it's all in the preparation. Most of the high cost of having a pro doing it is just for that.

As far as stripes, it depends on what you are looking for. Do you want something clean, subtle, and understated? Go matte black with red pinstripes. Want flash. go any bright color.

Regarding the stereo, depends on you specific wants. Head over the the infotainment forums for help and ideas.

Good luck with your new baby. Take care of it.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Really based on personal taste. Though I appreciate and like red stripes on a black car, at times it almost feels played out across all the different sport cars, not just Mustangs.

If I didn't have the black accent package and the black roof that comes with it, I would probably go with silver stripes on my Royal Crimson, saw pictures of this combo once and I was surprised how striking it looked, especially since I am normally not much of a fan of silver, but here lately in the Mustang world, it has been growing on me...
I concur...the ruby red stripes on black would look as awesome as the black stripes on a ruby red car

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
First off, congrats on your new mistress, sorry I meant black car. Before ceramic I would highly suggest some PPF. At a minimum do the front clip. You can also do the "A" pillars (my kryptonite), and the quarters behind the rear wheels. As was said before with ceramic it's all in the preparation. Most of the high cost of having a pro doing it is just for that.

As far as stripes, it depends on what you are looking for. Do you want something clean, subtle, and understated? Go matte black with red pinstripes. Want flash. go any bright color.

Regarding the stereo, depends on you specific wants. Head over the the infotainment forums for help and ideas.

Yep..these cars absolutely need the PPF on the front clip, hood and mirrors. I was out waxing mine today and with just a tick over 1k noticed 2 Knicks on the front clip already and I've been staying off the highway. The black 18 I had with 38k the entire front clip and hood had chips and little Knicks all over the place to the point I had it wet sanded, cleared, compound and polished.

I'm trying to figure a good course of attack right now. Think I'm going to do the brushed nickel stripes then PPF then ceramic but I'm not spending 8k to have the entire car done. I think 2k to do the front clip, hood and mirrors will be more than sufficient. The paint and clear is very very thin on these cars. I know you can get the tri-coat for the Shelby's but I don't think you can with the GT

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)

Good call on the PPF.
Depending on how wide of a tire/wheel setup you run, it wouldn't hurt to do the entire area from the rear of the door opening to the rear wheel opening and up to the "shoulder" of the quarter panel as well. I did this on my PP2...no regrets.

Sponsored

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Paint the calipers, the plastic covers look cheesy. Stripes are your personal preference. But that is a beautiful mustang you have and enjoy the coyote.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Good call on the PPF.
Depending on how wide of a tire/wheel setup you run, it wouldn't hurt to do the entire area from the rear of the door opening to the rear wheel opening and up to the "shoulder" of the quarter panel as well. I did this on my PP2...no regrets.
I have a few messages to some local places looking for exact quotes. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have 2 layers of Xpel on the front clip. I swear it seems if I look at it the wrong way it chips

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944

I agree with pretty much all of this. My car is Magnetic with Black Accent and, as much as I love the look of the black GT350 stripes with the red outline, I don't think it would work with my black roof. Maybe that look would work for you, only inverted, Magnetic stripes with the red outline. Then add red calipers to go with it.
That said, red calipers are pretty common, I did it to match my interior rather than introduce yet another accent color, but it might be worth it to consider other options.
There are a couple cars on here with the calipers finished in other bright colors, the greens and yellows would look great on your black car. You could still tie it all together by matching a stripe to the brakes and stand out from all the cars with red (like mine).

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I have a few messages to some local places looking for exact quotes. I'm wondering if I shouldn't have 2 layers of Xpel on the front clip. I swear it seems if I look at it the wrong way it chips
On my PP2 I had Xpel installed on the front clip, the hood from the heat extractors forward, tops of the heat extractors, A pillars, mirrors, rocker panels and lowest portion of the doors, door handles, and the big pieces on the quarter panels as I mentioned before. The price was around $1,100-$1,200. I can't remember exactly.
In regards to doing 2 layers of the Xpel, my quarter panel pieces (single layer) are getting beat to sh*t in front of the rear wheel openings where the quarter panel flares out over the back tires (after 5000 miles). I figure that I will need to get these pieces replaced every 3-4 years. PPF is the first thing I did to the car, and worth every dime.
I wonder if the Xpel will stick to itself?
Sponsored