Drag Race Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye vs Camaro ZL1!

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
And all of the GT500 haters have dissapeared like a Vampire at sunrise! :)
Please show us where any Camaro or GM guys said the zl1 would beat the gt500 in a drag race. It’s the track where many said it will be close. That we haven’t seen yet.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
:D

That 3 up race was just for show. They clarified where the times came from if you bothered to read:

"To clear things up: We ran each car separately at our test track (off camera) with the same driver and better weather conditions and got the results you see at the end of the video. "

Too bad they didn't have a C8 there :turkey:

Honestly, the ZLE did better than I thought it would. But NOBODY has been arguing that, stock for stock, it will beat the GT500 in the 1/4. And if they have been, they're off their rockers.
The local idiot over on the camaro forum is claiming a base ZL1 would have hung with it.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
The local idiot over on the camaro forum is claiming a base ZL1 would have hung with it.
Yeah, he's our little fanboy. You've got a few of them over here ;)

Think they're gonna run the track alignment on the GT500 when they do the road course test?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yeah, he's our little fanboy. You've got a few of them over here ;)

Think they're gonna run the track alignment on the GT500 when they do the road course test?
Nope, pretty sure they'll just fill the tires half way with calcium chloride and call it a day.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Please show us where any Camaro or GM guys said the zl1 would beat the gt500 in a drag race. It’s the track where many said it will be close. That we haven’t seen yet.
I never quoted any specifics. I just stated where did all the haters go to. If you go to the old thread when the GT500's weight was initially released you will see what i am talking about.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fastest. Check.
Best looking. Check
Best interior. Check
Best all around car (track, drag, daily. Check.

The GT500 is crushing it. When people say "wait until the C8 Z06 or ZR1 shows up!" you know you've won.
Totally agree. But since it’s last to the dance, anything less would be a fail, especially at price point.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I guess every forum has one. But 99% of them expected this outcome. However, didn’t expect the hellcat in last tho.
Notice she was spinning the tires on the 2-3 shift with the kitty. I'm shocked they ran these cars with ambient temps as low as they were...with tires that are crazy sensitive to said temps.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Lol well Mr Blaq is now saying it took a 94k GT500 to beat a ZLE. Hmm....So both cars were in road course setup. So if the base is meant to be the more straight line performer, how does he figure that the base would have been closer ? That does not add up at all. Now all of the extra things you pay for on the GT500 CFTP magically adds to the HP. Did we not have this discussion about the C8 extra price not adding to HP. The red eye ? Well what can you say ?

Of course they all revert to the magical 11.1 the C8 ran. Lol I cannot wait to see that fairy tale myth busted in the real world.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:D

That 3 up race was just for show. They clarified where the times came from if you bothered to read:

"To clear things up: We ran each car separately at our test track (off camera) with the same driver and better weather conditions and got the results you see at the end of the video. "

Too bad they didn't have a C8 there :turkey:

Honestly, the ZLE did better than I thought it would. But NOBODY has been arguing that, stock for stock, it will beat the GT500 in the 1/4. And if they have been, they're off their rockers.
The 3 up race was just for show......It shows ya real world results!.:giggle:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never quoted any specifics. I just stated where did all the haters go to. If you go to the old thread when the GT500's weight was initially released you will see what i am talking about.
There was a lot of in-house complaining about the weight also.