Sponsored

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No harm trying the Steeda spring. It's not expensive and I like it way better than the stock spring, which feels like it came off a dumper truck. If you find you prefer the dumper truck feel, put the stock spring back on. Like I said, it's cheap and the work of minutes.

Maddogsvol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
It would help if you could adjust where the clutch bites in relation to the pedal location, but it appears there is not an adjustment.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It would help if you could adjust where the clutch bites in relation to the pedal location, but it appears there is not an adjustment.
with some fabrication, but 'unmolested' no, it doesn't appear so.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hello friends!

I need some guidance on how to release the clutch when driving quick. I feel like the clutch pedal releases so quick and there is a jerk. I also don't want to slip in the clutch and burn it out. Also with MT 82 shifting quick is quite the work.

Is it quiet normal to feel a jerk when the clutch grabs the flywheel quickly or is it bad for the clutch and transmission.

After few months of driving I still can't get a good grasp of the biting point. I don't have issues with clutch control when driving normally.
I hear ya! I've owned a number of MT cars through the years and I never had as much trouble adapting to them as I did with my Mustang. Like you, I still sometimes have trouble getting a smooth shift when trying to drive spiritedly. Here's my observations from my experience with my 2016 GT. The car is picky about complete coordination between throttle, clutch, and gear shift. I am NOT a fan of the DBW throttle control. It has a mind of it's own sometimes but I've found that unless I consciously lift my foot completely off the gas peddle during the shift, the rpm's will hang and you're going to get that jerk. It's also important that the clutch peddle is all the way to the floor during the shift. That part would seem to be obvious but if you're trying to shift quickly, it's easy for your clutch foot and shift hand to get out of sync and you get the jerk, not to mention the possibility of some synchro grinding. So, for me, it's 1) foot off the throttle as I'm stepping on the clutch, 2) don't move the shift lever until the clutch peddle is firmly on the floor and then 3) remain off the throttle until the shift is completed and you're mostly off the clutch. It sounds lengthy when you write it out and it took me some time to work it out so that I could do it in a, for me, reasonable amount of speed but it works. Mainly, it's just practice, good luck!
Sponsored