Emergency brake handle annoyance

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I double checked mine this weekend and the handle is 100% firm. So, this is either an adjustment fail on the assembly line or a 2019 MY spec.
Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had the problem with my '18, but not the '19. Must be an adjustment issue.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I don't get it. I purposely paid attention to this next time I got in my 19 GT. My leg comes nowhere near the brake lever. Not even close.
Like I said earlier, I'm no lightweight at 6'3" 260.

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
I'll snap a pic of how mine hits my leg, just in normal driving.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Don't understand why these cars today still have a handle/lever for
the emergency brake anyway.
My wife's Jeep has a push button that works great.

Why couldn't this be an option for our cars?

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
My 18 GT Parking brake wouldn’t hold the car until it was almost pulled all the way out. It was an easy adjustment.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r

2020 GT500 has an electric E-Brake
I agree the handle/cable is like something out of the 80s

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Your wife has a manual jeep..?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'm only 5'10" and I have this issue occasionally so I doubt it's a height thing. Seems totally random when it happens like i just bumped it wrong. I'll put up with this all day long instead of going to the electronic ebrake. There are enough electronics in cars now a days. I've already lost the battle for a throttle cable. Dont take my ebrake cable too!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
NEWS FLASH: The only people who use an emergency brake, are manuals.

When you own an auto, you put it into PARK. (There is no "PARK" with manuals)

Sponsored

RubberFeet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
S550
This is a new thread. Projecting over winter upgrades for, what started, as a 2015 GT PP. Topic here is the GT350R brake kit from Ford and the diff cooling system. Even after talking with tech line at Ford, haven't been able to get weights for the rotors and calipers. It appears. only people that have held them in their grumbies would have this info. Anybody out there with this info? I have the Baer two piece rotors that became available last year, and are great! Weight on the fronts are 22# and the rears are about 14#. These are incredible weight deltas from stock (unsprung and rotational masses) Front stock rotors are 34+ just for reference. 19x11 MRR wheels on all corners (24.5#) , coil overs, with SPL control arms have truly made this heavy car start to work correctly (well, as much as possible) car weighs 3600 even w/2/3 tank.

Diff cooling system; Does the stock GT PP have a limp mode for diff temp? It would have to have a temp sensor that I haven't detected as yet.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
This is a new thread. Projecting over winter upgrades for, what started, as a 2015 GT PP. Topic here is the GT350R brake kit from Ford and the diff cooling system. Even after talking with tech line at Ford, haven't been able to get weights for the rotors and calipers. It appears. only people that have held them in their grumbies would have this info. Anybody out there with this info? I have the Baer two piece rotors that became available last year, and are great! Weight on the fronts are 22# and the rears are about 14#. These are incredible weight deltas from stock (unsprung and rotational masses) Front stock rotors are 34+ just for reference. 19x11 MRR wheels on all corners (24.5#) , coil overs, with SPL control arms have truly made this heavy car start to work correctly (well, as much as possible) car weighs 3600 even w/2/3 tank.

Diff cooling system; Does the stock GT PP have a limp mode for diff temp? It would have to have a temp sensor that I haven't detected as yet.
I respectfully believe you are on the wrong thread with your info. (BTW: welcome to M6G)

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport

Uhhh... what does this have to do with my knee hitting my ebrake? hahaha

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
36" inseam, 6'4" - this is where my leg sits when I'm driving. When I lift off the throttle to apply brake only, and while shifting, I have a tendency to pull the handle up with my leg. But the lever is s-u-p-e-r loose.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
36" inseam, 6'4" - this is where my leg sits when I'm driving. When I lift off the throttle to apply brake only, and while shifting, I have a tendency to pull the handle up with my leg. But the lever is s-u-p-e-r loose.

First of all, I have the premium power seats and the rear is all the way down and all the way back. The front is raised a couple of inches, so my leg isn't even close. Secondly, my lever doesn't budge at all, so you need an adjustment.
Sponsored