Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I have on order a loaded 2020 F150 Raptor in addition to my '15 GT. With the release of the MACH-E and how much that thing hurts the long line of Mustang owners as well as the Mustang blood line, I have cancelled my Raptor order and will be purchasing a GMC. Ford lost my loyalty with the release of the MACH-E.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Elon is not going to lose interest because building cars was never his end game. Cars were just a means to an end. The end game are the batteries. That's where the money is. You are correct though as Tesla will wind up being sold to probably either GM or Ford.

Yeah probably the same people who ordered an Escape and then decided to buy a F150. :) Seriously, I doubt it. CUV vs. full size pickup. Apples and Oranges.

Not really. It’s very CUV like. And a tremendous value. Interior space is crazy and the quad runner “accessory” is killer. Built in ramp and everything.
The styling is likely polarizing. But cool if you like it. The value is shockingly good. Ford is banking on the Mustang name, which doesn’t belong on this type of vehicle, and seems they didn’t really try anything new. Basically a glorified escape, but with electric motors instead of fossil fuel. The Cybertruck seems incredibly thought through and is priced to kill. They’ve taken over 200,000 deposits already. That’s got to be some crazy record. How many Mustangs sell in a year? F-150s? Escapes? The record for f-150s in 1 year is crazy good. Something like 900,000. But this is just pre-sales for a vehicle that isn’t even available. Crazy.
Escape sold 70k. Already the Cybertruck has outsold the escape twice over and isn’t even in production.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This is a forum for Mustangs. Not some wanna be ford edge with a pony badge on it...
history won’t look favorably on this move. Ford not only blurred the lines in a shortsighted bid to get an electric SUV some beneficial shine, they basically crapped on the actual Mustang and it’s legendary heritage.

very bad move.

I’m all for progress. This isn’t it.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Please read and reread this slowly. Are we really having a conversation about a five passenger, four door CUV doing 0-60 in under 4 seconds? Are we talking about a 100K Porsche Cayenne? A 150K Lamborghini Uras? No, we are talking about a Ford, a Ford. I do not care what model name they stick on it (well actually I do :frown:) this amazing performance and blows the doors off of many of our current Mustangs.
There's nothing amazing anymore about sub 4 second 0-60 times. The Mustang GT can do it for $20,000 less. But the truth is that the vast majority of these electric boats will be no faster than an Ecoboost Mustang at twice the price.

You want to say it's a Mustang but when its lackluster performance against its competition is pointed out you want to fall back on "it's an SUV." Either there's a higher standard for "Mustang" than SUV or "Mustang" means nothing.

It has become obvious what happened. Ford realized this thing was nothing special compared to the competition. It's an electric Edge ST that they're trying to make special with the Mustang name. It's an embarrassment to Ford and the Mustang.

Ford had better hope that their "Performance Edition" (sounds more a Buick than Mustang) can show well against the Model Y because if they get their asses handed to them in comparison tests with the Tesla then the Ford faithful will be the only ones buying. Which is appropriate since we're all getting a good lesson on how foolish it is to be one of the "Ford faithful."

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I have on order a loaded 2020 F150 Raptor in addition to my '15 GT. With the release of the MACH-E and how much that thing hurts the long line of Mustang owners as well as the Mustang blood line, I have cancelled my Raptor order and will be purchasing a GMC. Ford lost my loyalty with the release of the MACH-E.
Lmao this is the dumbest crap I've ever heard! :cwl::cwl::cwl: the butt hurt has reached a new record for the internet!

There's nothing amazing anymore about sub 4 second 0-60 times. The Mustang GT can do it for $20,000 less.
With a perfect launch, yes but can it every time? No, and guess what yours never will lol. So what does that say about the Ecoboost getting smoked by a grocery getter!?

This thread is seriously hysterical.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
history won’t look favorably on this move. Ford not only blurred the lines in a shortsighted bid to get an electric SUV some beneficial shine, they basically crapped on the actual Mustang and it’s legendary heritage.

very bad move.

I’m all for progress. This isn’t it.
The GT350, GT500 and S550 were the last gift to the car community from the engineers and designers.

They did a Damn fine job and did the mustang name justice with those cars.

I wish corporate would have had the balls to man up and just announced that they are discontinuing the product line. But they had to do this greaseball shit... Cant really say i expect more... We do live in the age of cowards where names, and words dont mean shit... And truth and being real doesn't matter only cheap gimmicks for short term profits...

That said the engineers did a damn fine job with the s550. I dont know if they'll ever see this but as an owner they got my respect.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Its sad because there is literally no car on the market thats like the S550 and none i can see myself owning... So I'm pretty much stuck trying to keep this old girl running till I cant find parts anymore or they make them illegal to drive...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Two very interesting posts almost back to back (229 & 231). We now have the Mach-E competing with pickup trucks and 2 door hi-performance coupes. Let's, please, for just a minute forget the Mustang name. Ford introduced a four door, five passenger, full electric compact utility vehicle. It's only real side by side competitor is another CUV that is also not even available yet, the Tesla model Y. We can & will discuss both of these CUV's from today to forever. That said, the Mach-E cannot and should not be compared to a F150, a Ram 1500, or a Chevy Silverado. The former is a CUV, the later a full size pickup truck. So why is anyone putting the Telsa Cybertruck in the same sentence as the Mach-E. Just because they were introduced at the same time. Just because they are both electric. Sorry I call nonsense.

Now we are also comparing the performance of a four door electric CUV to a two door performance coupe with a ICE V8. Again this makes absolutely no sense. Forget the name. just compare vehicles that are , at least, in the same class. So just how many four door five passenger vehicles for under $80K (Mach-E GT+?) can do a sub four second 0-60, tow a boat and store 60 cubic feet behind the front seats. It's a lot more rare when you discount Mustangs, Challenger's, Corvette's, & Camaro's. And not one of these is a four door, five passenger CUV.

All i'm suggesting is that when comparing the Mach-E against the competition just compare the vehicle itself and not its association with the Mustang name.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wish corporate would have had the balls to man up and just announced that they are discontinuing the product line. But they had to do this greaseball shit... Cant really say i expect more... We do live in the age of cowards where names, and words dont mean shit... And truth and being real doesn't matter only cheap gimmicks for short term profits...
Do you have any facts to backup your contention that the S550 Mustang is being discontinued? Why even bring this up? Why don't we just stop the Ford bashing at this point and just go out and drive our Mustang's?

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two very interesting posts almost back to back (229 & 231). We now have the Mach-E competing with pickup trucks and 2 door hi-performance coupes. Let's, please, for just a minute forget the Mustang name. Ford introduced a four door, five passenger, full electric compact utility vehicle. It's only real side by side competitor is another CUV that is also not even available yet, the Tesla model Y. We can & will discuss both of these CUV's from today to forever. That said, the Mach-E cannot and should not be compared to a F150, a Ram 1500, or a Chevy Silverado. The former is a CUV, the later a full size pickup truck. So why is anyone putting the Telsa Cybertruck in the same sentence as the Mach-E. Just because they were introduced at the same time. Just because they are both electric. Sorry I call nonsense.

Now we are also comparing the performance of a four door electric CUV to a two door performance coupe with a ICE V8. Again this makes absolutely no sense. Forget the name. just compare vehicles that are , at least, in the same class. So just how many four door five passenger vehicles for under $80K (Mach-E GT+?) can do a sub four second 0-60, tow a boat and store 60 cubic feet behind the front seats. It's a lot more rare when you discount Mustangs, Challenger's, Corvette's, & Camaro's. And not one of the is a four for five passenger CUV.

All i'm suggesting is that when comparing the Mach-E against the competition just compare the vehicle itself and not its association with the Mustang name.
Unfortunately the butt hurt is so strong on this forum the trolls keep migrating over from the other thread. We finally start gaining a little traction of a good conversation and a troll drops a turd in the punch bowl. The bright side is their anger is quite hysterical.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

Now we are also comparing the performance of a four door electric CUV to a two door performance coupe with a ICE V8. Again this makes absolutely no sense. Forget the name. just compare vehicles that are , at least, in the same class. So just how many four door five passenger vehicles for under $80K (Mach-E GT+?) can do a sub four second 0-60, tow a boat and store 60 cubic feet behind the front seats. It's a lot more rare when you discount Mustangs, Challenger's, Corvette's, & Camaro's. And not one of the is a four for five passenger CUV.

I'll be your huckleberry.

full.png

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be your huckleberry.

full.png
That's not sub $80k so I guess not. Starting is $87k and does the same the 3.5 to 60 as the Mach E GT. If that is "only" a SRT it "only" does 0 to 60 in 4.4.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Lmao this is the dumbest crap I've ever heard! :cwl::cwl::cwl: the butt hurt has reached a new record for the internet!

With a perfect launch, yes but can it every time? No, and guess what yours never will lol. So what does that say about the Ecoboost getting smoked my a grocery getter!?

This thread is seriously hysterical.
The term "butt hurt" followed by a series of emojies is the last refuge of people on the Internet who know that they're losing an argument. So lets review, is it a "Mustang" or is it just another $60,000 SUV embarrassing it's namesake?

I've already explained that I don't measure my entertainment by 0-60. If I wanted a faster 0-60 I'd have bought a GT A10. But the performance benchmark for electric toasters has become 0-60 so that's why we're comparing this thing that is so special that it deserves the Mustang name against a plain old SUV from Tesla.

At this point the Mach E looks set to be embarrassed on that front and the only ace it has up it's sleeve is that it still gets the full tax credit. Only time will tell whether Ford can sharpen their pencils and save some face or whether the price of the "Performance Edition" (Karen likes Buicks) will erase its tax cut advantage.
Sponsored