Sponsored

Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
The term "butt hurt" followed by a series of emojies is the last refuge of people on the Internet who know that they're losing an argument. So lets review, is it a "Mustang" or is it just another $60,000 SUV embarrassing it's namesake?

I've already explained that I don't measure my entertainment by 0-60. If I wanted a faster 0-60 I'd have bought a GT A10. But the performance benchmark for electric toasters has become 0-60 so that's why we're comparing this thing that is so special that it deserves the Mustang name against a plain old SUV from Tesla.

At this point the Mach E looks set to be embarrassed on that front and the only ace it has up it's sleeve is that it still gets the full tax credit. Only time will tell whether Ford can sharpen their pencils and save some face or whether the price of the "Performance Edition" (Karen likes Buicks) will erase its tax cut advantage.
Keep telling yourself that buddy. I don't see how a 3.5 to 60, 50/50 weight distribution and good handling CUV is an embarrassment. The only embarrassment is a 4 banger "mustang" for sorority girls. Only time will tell the actual specs and I am willing to put down good money you will be eating crow. Oh wait I already did with my deposit. Stick to the other thread among your kin.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That's not sub $80k so I guess not. Starting is $87k and does the same the 3.5 to 60 as the Mach E GT. If that is "only" a SRT it "only" does 0 to 60 in 4.4.
That's an SRT, blown for less than $80K, it would out run, out tow, and out haul the Mach-E GT, not to mention looking and sounding a helluva lot better doing it.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
That's an SRT, blown for less than $80K, it would out run, out tow, and out haul the Mach-E GT, not to mention looking and sounding a helluva lot better doing it.
$77k in a base modded SRT. Got it. So what blowers on it? Seriously interested. I love SRTs and hellcat/trackhawks. I was considering a 2020 charger hellcat. Love the look of the widebody and the 305s all around.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'll be your huckleberry.

full.png
OK, Huck, now your getting close. The Grand Cherokee is a mid sized SUV that competes with the Explorer. A better size comparison would be a Cherokee or a Compass which are CUV's. Again class vs. class. The GC is a great vehicle though.

I think what we're seeing is that with the exception of the Model Y there is no real competitor for the Mach-E. And once again, I hate that they call it a Mustang, but it really could/should be something special.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Two very interesting posts almost back to back (229 & 231). We now have the Mach-E competing with pickup trucks and 2 door hi-performance coupes. Let's, please, for just a minute forget the Mustang name. Ford introduced a four door, five passenger, full electric compact utility vehicle. It's only real side by side competitor is another CUV that is also not even available yet, the Tesla model Y. We can & will discuss both of these CUV's from today to forever. That said, the Mach-E cannot and should not be compared to a F150, a Ram 1500, or a Chevy Silverado. The former is a CUV, the later a full size pickup truck. So why is anyone putting the Telsa Cybertruck in the same sentence as the Mach-E. Just because they were introduced at the same time. Just because they are both electric. Sorry I call nonsense.

Now we are also comparing the performance of a four door electric CUV to a two door performance coupe with a ICE V8. Again this makes absolutely no sense. Forget the name. just compare vehicles that are , at least, in the same class. So just how many four door five passenger vehicles for under $80K (Mach-E GT+?) can do a sub four second 0-60, tow a boat and store 60 cubic feet behind the front seats. It's a lot more rare when you discount Mustangs, Challenger's, Corvette's, & Camaro's. And not one of the is a four for five passenger CUV.

All i'm suggesting is that when comparing the Mach-E against the competition just compare the vehicle itself and not its association with the Mustang name.
Dude....stop making sense. You’ve been warned. :captain:

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
$77k in a base modded SRT. Got it. So what blowers on it? Seriously interested. I love SRTs and hellcat/trackhawks. I was considering a 2020 charger hellcat. Love the look of the widebody and the 305s all around.
You can buy 2020 well equipped SRT's for less than $70K all day long, even cheaper for a left over 2019. If you really need it in the 3's, I'm sure you can put any blower you want on it for $10K. Hell, with headers, intake, and a tune, I bet it'd be pretty close to 3's n/a.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Those who "can't wait" would have largely bought it without them tainting the Mustang name with it. Many of those who consider it blasphemous are now less likely to buy one, making it that much less justifiable to keep producing the real Mustang. They've put the real Mustang on the path to extinction.
This is the bottom line right here. Tesla seems to be selling electric sedans (remember, the vehicle Ford said no one wants) like crazy
(not named anything famous BTW), so how easy would it have been to sell without pissing off most true mustang fans. Lot of emotion in
a mustang purchase, as they are useless for any other than going fast or looking good. So don't try to ram logic down my throat about how
it doesn't matter when it's lack of logic for why most of us bought one in the first place.

Had they not named it mustang, I would have been trolling Tesla boards like crazy and may have even sold a couple for Ford myself.
Now I hope the first couple hundred burn to the ground.............

Just to say, I have had NON-car people at work come up to me because they know I have a Mustang and comment on how stupid they feel the Mach-E being called a Mustang is. It seems that Mustang is such a part of American culture that even people that don't drive Ford, or care really about cars find the fact they called it Mustang to be a mistake.
Yup, went for emission inspection on my 14 recently and some older gray haired woman was talking about the 65 she had
back in the day. Doubt she knows cars, but she knew mustangs.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
No offense - but why is this thread in the General S550 Mustang forum? I use new posts to look through the forum most days. Can't the mods move this to the forum dedicated to the MACH E?

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
No offense - but why is this thread in the General S550 Mustang forum? I use new posts to look through the forum most days. Can't the mods move this to the forum dedicated to the MACH E?
My Charger Hellcat was $63.

No dedicated Mach E section. It's not a 6G. That topic has been covered. LOL.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Agreed, hopefully it gets moved soon along with the other massive thread devoid of real S550 stuff.

To sum up this thread and my last contribution to it...........

1. You have some people that will buy anything that has the name "Mustang" on it
2. You have a guy that loves Tesla (nothing wrong with that) and does not own a Mustang and finally found something on this forum to talk about
3. You have a guy that will insult and berate anyone that comes close to disagreeing with him, why you ask, well because he can - its the internet baby!
4. You have a bunch of people defending the Mustang name when it does not need it. I was one but figured it out that the Mach E defends the Mustang name/heritage/icon just by existing
5. It has been proven that this post was DOA the moment it was conceived. It has shown pretty clearly that this section of the forum is not meant for EV's for any reason as its not why people come here. Nothing wrong with talking about the pro's and cons of the Mach E or EV's in general, just not here.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
2. You have a guy that loves Tesla (nothing wrong with that) and does not own a Mustang and finally found something on this forum to talk about.
If you're talking about ZacKMD1? You might want to retract that. While he may not own a S550 NOW, he's owned (2) and he's personally contributed a TON to the Mustang community.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
So I'm the only one that see this?

upload_2019-11-27_13-47-5.png
That's not a section on this site. It's a link to an entirely separate site.

But yes, Mach E discussion should properly go on that other site or in the general automotive section here since it's not a Mustang and more specifically not a 6G Mustang. I suspect that the mods have left these two threads intact as a catch-all for Mach E discussions rather than having to deal with new threads being started every day because nobody bothers to check the general automotive topic.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Keep telling yourself that buddy. I don't see how a 3.5 to 60, 50/50 weight distribution and good handling CUV is an embarrassment. The only embarrassment is a 4 banger "mustang" for sorority girls. Only time will tell the actual specs and I am willing to put down good money you will be eating crow. Oh wait I already did with my deposit. Stick to the other thread among your kin.
Yes, you don't see it. It's obvious that applying Ford's only exciting brand to a boring segment and not having it enter the market as a clear leader damages the brand and reflects poorly on the original. But you can't see it. I wonder why.

When this thing comes out there are going to be direct comparisons in the real world against the Model Y and we'll see. Musk plays these matches to win (even if sometimes only in the viral marketing arena) where Ford's history has been hit and miss. I'm not at all confident in a team that calls it a "Performance Edition" and comes up with exciting innovations like an "unbridled" mode. It's supposed to be a performance vehicle, not a romance novel. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst so I'm not going to be any more disappointed than I already am.

And yes, my sorority girl loves my 4-banger Mustang. I drive her through the hills, give her that part throttle, and it's all about the smiles per hour.

We need a part throttle emoji. :cwl:

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Yes, you don't see it. It's obvious that applying Ford's only exciting brand to a boring segment and not having it enter the market as a clear leader damages the brand and reflects poorly on the original. But you can't see it. I wonder why.

When this thing comes out there are going to be direct comparisons in the real world against the Model Y and we'll see. Musk plays these matches to win (even if sometimes only in the viral marketing arena) where Ford's history has been hit and miss. I'm not at all confident in a team that calls it a "Performance Edition" and comes up with exciting innovations like an "unbridled" mode. It's supposed to be a performance vehicle, not a romance novel. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst so I'm not going to be any more disappointed than I already am.

And yes, my sorority girl loves my 4-banger Mustang. I drive her through the hills, give her that part throttle, and it's all about the smiles per hour.

We need a part throttle emoji. :cwl:
I think the Mach E modes should be named:

Live
Laugh
Love
I need to speak to your manager
Sponsored

Reactions: nrc