Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Houston Kid, Nov 22, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Houston Kid

Houston Kid Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Ford, you know the maker of all things Mustang, says it is so you are wrong.

LOL.

2. bluestang50

bluestang50 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 DIB GT PP, 2017 F150, On order: 2021 Mach E GT
    0   0   0
    My State has Tesla dealers, I live next to one of the biggest cities in the country, and I only know of one dealer and they are 60+ miles away. Not that I care but Ford could easily make their dealers install chargers. It is common practice for manufacturers to even force dealers to drop huge amounts of money just to rebuild/design the front of their stores to keep up with branding so I don't see a couple chargers being a stretch if they want to be EV certified aka sell the Mach E. From what I have seen the test vehicles have pulled 3.6 miles per kWh in real world driving which is nothing to sneeze at. Dude we get it you are a Tesla owner. I'm not sure how this turned into a Tesla vs Ford thread, but the people that have deposits on the Mach E over the Model Y did so for their own reasons and many of which have already been stated. I doubt you are going to change anyones mind.

3. zackmd1

zackmd1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    A base GT A10 can do 0-60 in 3.9sec and only cost 36k MSRP? Yes the Mach E is a CUV but it also cost $60k. And its direct competition can do a faster 0-60 with more range and cheaper price (Model Y assuming the Mach E GT needs the performance package priced around 6k to achieve the mid 3 sec). It is impressive when compared to other CUVs but not so much when you compare it to other EV CUVs...

4. Bikeman315

Bikeman315 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
  5. zackmd1

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Ford is saying whatever they think they need to say to make just another CUV product sell in a sea of CUVs... Does not make it a mustang. I am pretty sure alot of us here do not give a sh*t what Ford says on the topic of it being "a true mustang". A CUV can never and will never be a true mustang. Rant over...

6. zackmd1

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    Sort of. Ford however seems to want to charge you a subscription fee to have access to the Ford account that will allow you to PAY per use for charging.... Let that sink in for just a min.... You have to pay Ford monthly to be able to PAY to charge your car.... (now of course you should be able to forgo Fordpass and just pay directly at an Electrify America station but the ease of use goes away).

7. Bikeman315

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    This is the new Mustang vs. Camaro. As far as the Mach-E vs. the Y (does that even sound right?) for me personally I do not have a choice. I'm not buying a car that I cannot have serviced locally. Now if that changes by 2021 I'll check it out and buy the one my wife likes better.

0-60 in under four seconds is impressive for any vehicle with four wheels. The fact that another CUV can do the same doesn't change that. They are both impressive.

8. Bikeman315

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    Want to bet this changes before the first production Mach-E hits the streets. Nissan was just the first. If Chevrolet does this for the Volt, its game over. Didn't FordPass Connect just become free?

zackmd1 likes this.
  9. zackmd1

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    I agree. But comparing to its direct competition is also a valid argument for why it is not impressive IMO. EVs (when done properly) usually have very quick 0-60 times due to instant torque and full power. It is not that difficult to make an EV go under 5 sec 0-60. You just need the right sized battery that can output the right amount of current to the motor (obviously a bit more complicated than that but substantially less complicated than an ICE vehicle)

10. bluestang50

bluestang50 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 DIB GT PP, 2017 F150, On order: 2021 Mach E GT
    0   0   0
    The only leg up the Y has is the range and charging rate. It is certainly not cheaper and it could definitely be argued that the Ford is the much better looking of the two.

11. zackmd1

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    All of the promotional material for the Mach E still references "Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass™ Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-drive charging." I think Fordpass Charging and Fordpass connect are two different entities but do not quote me on that...

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

(under the DC fast charging "tell me more" option)

12. zackmd1

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    I will not disagree on looks. (everyone has different tastes and the Mach E does appeal to more people for sure) but I am talking about the Performance model of the Model Y Priced at 61k and 0-60 in 3.5sec. The base Mach E GT is cheaper but does not match performance (with current info). You have to get that step up performance package option to get the mid 3 sec 0-60. No clue on what that will cost but if it is bundled with magnaride then it is not going to be cheap. You are probably looking at a wash between the two when including the 7.5k tax credit for the Mach E GT performance package. But of course this is all speculation at this point as Ford does not have enough available info yet.

13. Bikeman315

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    https://www.cars.com/articles/ford-makes-fordpass-connect-remote-vehicle-services-free-411276/

This was for FordPass Connect, not FordPass Charging. Just using this as an example.

zackmd1 likes this.
  14. GT Pony

GT Pony Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
    0   0   0
    Sure it is, it's from the Mustang Co. Ford-Logo2.jpg

nrc likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Houston Kid

Houston Kid Well-Known Member