Sponsored

Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Say what you want about Tesla but even with a botched introduction they got this.....

Tesla already has 146,000 deposits for its Cybertruck
The design of Tesla's Cybertruck is polarizing, to say the least, but itappears to have a healthy number of potential buyers waiting in the wings.Elon Musk has revealed that over 146,000 people have placed deposits for theelectric pickup so far. And while the $39,900 price of the single-motor truckis tempting, that's actually the least popular model so far. Just 17 percentof customers have put money down for the entry model, while 42 percent havepicked the dual-motor version and 41 percent want

Read in Engadget: https://apple.news/AImnoNH8cTj6iKZR3_qMP8A

Tesla’s Model 3 Has More Refunds, Cancellations Than Deposits
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...has-more-refunds-cancellations-than-deposits/

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Alot of people say an Ecoboost isn't a mustang so you don't have much of a leg to stand on. Again I'm not saying the Mach E is but I am saying look in the mirror before you try to talk $hit.
Yeah, those people don't know what they're talking about. Mustangs have always been available with lesser power plants. It's part of what made the pony car formula successful. A pony car is a two door coupe that sacrifices a certain amount of utility in return for style, performance, and fun. So by definition a utility vehicle is not a Mustang.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Cool story bro, I track my cars as well. I don't care what you drive but when you try to act as you say "my dick is bigger than yours" and you have a 4 banger mustang you don't have a leg to stand on.
We weren't talking about dicks, we were talking about balls.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
See bear. Poke same. Repeat.

Ford says it’s a Mustang.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ummm do you have dementia?
I have more than one. I've been told that I'm multidementianal.

But at least I don't run out of arguments so that I have to reply with phony quotes.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

What they say makes no difference because anyone who says that obviously isn't competent to decide.

Ford is run by an accountant who thinks the whole world is going to be riding around in electric toasters in ten years. He convinced Bill Ford that if he didn't let him put the Mustang name on this electric toaster that there wasn't going to be a Ford electric toaster company in ten years.

Everyone else at Ford is paid to keep their opinions to themselves and just tell everyone how excited they are about the new Mustang electric toaster.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

What they say makes no difference because anyone who says that obviously isn't competent to decide.

Ford is run by an accountant who thinks the whole world is going to be riding around in electric toasters in ten years. He convinced Bill Ford that if he didn't let him put the Mustang name on this electric toaster that there wasn't going to be a Ford electric toaster company in ten years.

Everyone else at Ford is paid to keep their opinions to themselves and just tell everyone how excited they are about the new Mustang electric toaster.
We may not like it but it's still a Mustang

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
your not getting my point, Its good you are getting a SUV for your family the only problem is you will not be taking the family across the USA to Wally World in a timely matter. now back to my point, the mark E should never been labeled a Mustang and should not be on a Mustang forum they have nothing in common.
I’ve always thought this to be an interesting argument. My family takes a vacation every year that covers 885 miles (Detroit to Hilton Head Island). We typically do it over two days and stop at least one time each day for gas and food. Those stops tend to last 30 - 45 minutes. In that 30 - 45 minutes any of the long range EVs that we would consider buying or leasing could fast charge from a 20% level to a 60% or 80% level. That would depend on which vehicle we actually chose. Since we tend to cover about 400 - 500 miles on the first day, that could easily be managed with one 30 - 45 minute stop. Then the car charges to 100% overnight and finishes the trip the next day. Ok, maybe there are other EVs charging and we have to wait for a charger to open up. Cool. Our stop now takes an hour and a half. In the course of a 13+ hour trip, big whup.

No range anxiety here I have other vehicles for that. I hear you on the name. It was simply marketing by Ford. The more people on here talking about it only proves Ford's move.
VERRRY overlooked point. This is our current situation (no pun intended). Even though our current EV (ok, maybe that one) is a Chevrolet Volt and can easily make the entire trip, we don’t take it because we have Dino-powered SUVs in the garage that can fit all the stuff we like to take on this vacation. If we replaced the Volt or my SRX with a Mach E I’d have no problem taking the Mach E. You know which vehicle we’d NEVER drive on a family vacation? My Camaro (or Mustang if I were driving one)

To quote an auto analyst, " My social media feed has been overwhelmed by the Mach-E, with comments that are nearly exactly the opposite of what people who can’t afford and will never buy this car — the automotive press — are saying. People love the look. They’re fascinated by the performance numbers. They’re excited about the opportunity to own a “Mustang” that actually fits their needs. Four doors! All-wheel drive!

The chances of receiving this much buzz by calling it the “Ford E-Something-That-Starts-With-E-Because-It’s-a-Ford-CUV?” Zilch. Zero. Nada. And the risk? Also nearly none. Because none of the people bitching about the name were ever going to buy it, regardless of what you called it. But people who want a Mustang but couldn’t previously justify one because of their 2.2 kids, white picket fence, suburban lifestyle will be lining up. They’re gonna sell all they can make."
Also my experience. And I feel the same way. I like the vehicle. I wish they had NOT called it a Mustang, but ya know what?

Last I checked there was no Mach E subform on this site.
209748D8-E3AA-4635-A012-42C358731FA4.jpeg

I don't like that they slapped the Mustang name on it but at the end of the day what does it really matter? Like I said before if this is what you are really upset/worried about smile because you've got it made in the shade.
They did. And sooo.....

We may not like it but it's still a Mustang
This.

Last edited:

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I’ve always thought this to be an interesting argument. My family takes a vacation every year that covers 885 miles (Detroit to Hilton Head Island). We typically do it over two days and stop at least one time each day for gas and food. Those stops tend to last 30 - 45 minutes. In that 30 - 45 minutes any of the long range EVs that we would consider buying or leasing could fast charge from a 20% level to a 60% or 80% level. That would depend on which vehicle we actually chose. Since we tend to cover about 400 - 500 miles on the first day, that could easily be managed with one 30 - 45 minute stop. Then the car charges to 100% overnight and finishes the trip the next day. Ok, maybe there are other EVs charging and we have to wait for a charger to open up. Cool. Our stop now takes an hour and a half. In the course of a 13+ hour trip, big whup.
Just speaking from my experience, I spent 11 years traveling a lot for work. My gas stops took about 5 minutes. Gas up, take a leak, MAYBE grab a quick bottle of water. The only thing I wanted to do was get back home to my family. In those days, any EV that took longer than about 5 minutes to charge would have been an absolute deal breaker for me. But I can see how that is not the norm. My time, especially with family, is worth WAY more than possibly saving a few bucks.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just speaking from my experience, I spent 11 years traveling a lot for work. My gas stops took about 5 minutes. Gas up, take a leak, MAYBE grab a quick bottle of water. The only thing I wanted to do was get back home to my family. In those days, any EV that took longer than about 5 minutes to charge would have been an absolute deal breaker for me. But I can see how that is not the norm. My time, especially with family, is worth WAY more than possibly saving a few bucks.
At 67 my leaks take more than 5 minutes :cwl:
Sponsored