Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
No one is arguing the fact that Ford is following any market trends or future speculation. The offended are up in arms because Ford has tagged the iconic Mustang Pony to a freaking minivan, jellybean, CUV, or whatever the hell else you want to call it.

Now everyone and their freaking grandmother is gong to call THAT thing their “Mustang”... and it’s NOT in any way, shape or form a freaking Mustang.

I hope the thing tanks.

It is the dumbest idea ever to put the iconic Mustang Pony onto that abomination. Sure it’s called the “MACH-E” (dumbest name ever) - but sticking the running Mustang Pony to it is making everyone think “it’s a Mustang”. Hell, you even have the MACH-E fanboys over on MACH-E calling it a Mustang....

and posts being started now comparing a MACH-E up against a GT500... are you serious?!? The top of the line MACH-E has 333hp... that compares to a GT500 now?

This MACH-E is a joke... it’s not a Mustang, it never was a Mustang and will never be a Mustang. I hope the Mustang Club of America takes a stance and declines it from being accepted into any shows as any heritage relation to a Mustang - its NOT a Mustang.
I agree. I want to see the Mach E fail. I want Ford to get a CEO that's in touch with Ford's heritage, and not office furniture.

I'm glad I was able to get my 5.0 while I could.
Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I’d be interested in seeing the opinion on this Mach E based on age range
At 32, I have zero interest in the Mach E.

To me, a Mustang is a two door fastback with a V8 and manual transmission, not a trendy EV/CUV.

If I want a practical daily, I'll stick with my Edge.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Why is it a big deal? The past vehicles are heritage by definition, this is the future. Just because it gets a name that shared with an older vehicle doesn't take away from the old or add to the present. Its just a name. I am 29 for those talking about age.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Sorry Norm, I've corrected my original post. I was just speaking in general terms. the comment was not aimed at anyone in particular. And i agree that any Mustang branded vehicle that is not a 2 door, 2+2 coupe will be at the expense of our Mustang.
:thumbsup:

Depends on the type of vehicle it is. Is it a base F150 or a Raptor? A base EB Mustang or a GT500? The good news is that engineers will be able to adapt a good EPAS system for both ends of the spectrum.
EPAS inherently offers less road feel than a decent hydraulic system, but the real
kicker may end up being what corporate allows them to do with it. For example, while it's fair to assume Ford won't ever end up with something as horrible as the early (and recalled) Q50's EPAS, I have my doubts that they'll ever dial pull-drift and ANC all the way down to zero even in the Mustang.

One of the things that bothers me about EPAS and various "active driver assist technologies" is the thought that Ford and others might be using electronics to crutch known shortcomings in the mechanical calibrations, instead of fixing the mechanical side.

Norm

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I'm considering the Mach E to replace the wife's 2018 Edge she on the road all the time and it gets 19 mpg. If Ford would make the ICE engine in the Edge get 26 mpg or more I'd keep buying gas and not worry about EV's.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Yes I'm considering the Mach E to replace the wife's 2018 Edge she on the road all the time and it gets 19 mpg. If Ford would make the ICE engine in the Edge get 26 mpg or more I'd keep buying gas and not worry about EV's.
Say what... We have a 2017 Honda Pilot and see 26-28mpg regularly on the hwy with its 290hp V6. The issue your having is the wrong brand for a decent mpg SUV.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Say what... We have a 2017 Honda Pilot and see 26-28mpg regularly on the hwy with its 290hp V6. The issue your having is the wrong brand for a decent mpg SUV.
The Edge is a bigger car but besides that not going to buy a Honda.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Lol!! If ford is actually stupid enough to go through with this and completely destroy the legacy that the Mustang created , I 100% hope they fail as a company. Wouldn’t feel bad even slightly. Isn’t there kin of Henry Ford still alive and in somewhat control of Ford ?, and they are actually okay with this ?? Unreal
A little hash I would say, saying you hope they fail as a company. What, you want someone else to make the Mustang after Ford fails? Electric cars are just evolution and the way it is going for the world of computers and electric devices. Pollution free and we can make electricity from a water fall, the sun, the wind and some earth farts. All natural.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Signed it but as soon as ford gets its pre-orders tommorow I doubt they’ll be able to change the name or badging of the car due to legal reasons. Let’s face it some people will buy it specifically because it’s the Mustang SUV

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I F*CKING hate to say it... But it actually does not look terrible IRL. Much smaller then the renders and camo pics suggested. That interior is hideous though.... Idk who thought putting the screen at that sallow of an angle and that high up looked good...

NOW FORD, For the love of GOD, do not call this a mustang. Leave it Mach E and retain the mustang name for the true 2 door coupe version of this vehicle... Please???

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A little hash I would say, saying you hope they fail as a company. What, you want someone else to make the Mustang after Ford fails? Electric cars are just evolution and the way it is going for the world of computers and electric devices. Pollution free and we can make electricity from a water fall, the sun, the wind and some earth farts. All natural.
Again , I have NO issue with Ford making electric cars , I hope they make a zillion of them , and sell every one. But for gods sake WHY would they stick the mustang name to the pos and ruin 55 years of the best thing they had going. Sickening , 3 days later I’m still beyond furious at Ford. If they continue thru with this. Will never purchase a new Blue oval again.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT