Best intake for cobra jet setup

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What's the best cold air intake for the cobra jet. Right now I'm leaning towards steeda pro flow. I have the Ford performance one, but it's for a s197 so couldn't use the bucket so I need to do something different
Sponsored

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have one from DMark for sell in great shape PM if interested .

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
The Pmas for the Cobra Jet setup is proven to make great power. That would be my choice personally. If you have any questions or would like to see what we can do for you, hit me up over at Lethalperformance.com

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I use the Ford Racing CAI and it works great.

I hear good things about the Pmas too, it takes a little more effort to fit on larger than twin 60mm throttle bodies.

The Steeda one is good because it is a closed box so IATs will be lower at a stand still.

You really can't go wrong with those three. You may want to talk with your tuner first and make sure they can tune to your fuel type requirements.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Question is, do you want to make power on the dyno or on the street/track or both? Intakes like PMAS and to a certain degree the DMak one make great power on a dyno with the hood open and a huge fan blowing air directly into the air filter, but suffer on the street with high IATs and less airflow. Other intakes such as the Steeda closed box or the CJ CAI are much more consistent and make good power on the street also:

My vote is for the CJ CAI:
IMG_6414.jpg
IMG_6340.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Where did you find this intake for the CJ? I found the supercharged version of this intake. Looks like this one came with a 45 degree coupler?

Question is, do you want to make power on the dyno or on the street/track or both? Intakes like PMAS and to a certain degree the DMak one make great power on a dyno with the hood open and a huge fan blowing air directly into the air filter, but suffer on the street with high IATs and less airflow. Other intakes such as the Steeda closed box or the CJ CAI are much more consistent and make good power on the street also:

My vote is for the CJ CAI:
IMG_6414.jpg
IMG_6340.jpg

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Where did you find this intake for the CJ? I found the supercharged version of this intake. Looks like this one came with a 45 degree coupler?
I believe that's the supercharged intake, but with a different coupler to make the 45* bend up to the oval throttle body. You can buy those types of step down/transition couplers from several websites.

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
IMG_6414.jpg
IMG_6340.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This looks like a true cold air setup, but I do have questions.

Who tuned it? Any dyno comparisons? Any drive ability issues?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This looks like a true cold air setup, but I do have questions.

Who tuned it? Any dyno comparisons? Any drive ability issues?
Oh that's not my car, I just found those pictures online. I have no clue who's car it is unfortunately but I'm sure it can be tuned to be run fine. Maybe not 100% stock like, but it should be fine.

Sponsored

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
That intake goes a little too far down for my taste. Don't be caught in a thunderstorm or drive over puddles.
Do you often drive through 2 feet of standing water? If so then yes this intake would become an issue, and might I say if you have that kind of water in your neighborhood you have much bigger issues than your engine hydrolocking :idea:.

Otherwise there is 0 issues even driving over puddles.

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
It only takes a few inches of standing water to splash against the filter. And in Florida, we do get heavy rainstorms alot during the rainy season where there can be spots of minor flooding, so yes, this would be an issue. It's not a risk I would personally take.

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
It only takes a few inches of standing water to splash against the filter. And in Florida, we do get heavy rainstorms alot during the rainy season where there can be spots of minor flooding, so yes, this would be an issue. It's not a risk I would personally take.
Sponsored