Sponsored

2 YouTubers going to be rebuilding engine themselves after warranty denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
People destroyed a possibly good thread. Real questions and comments or thoughts....They need to get the block and heads magnafluxed or verified for cracks with some type of liquid/xray service, verify the deck and head mating surfaces are level. There’s no point in going forward without doing these critical steps. If the cylinder bores are good and they have to mill the decks, they may need to have pistons made to keep compression equal. I would go for a little high compression and run race gas but most wouldn’t do that. Would a 20’ or newer long block be cheaper (or available)? I want to see how this goes.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Appreciate it! Although, I'm more of a monkey with access to a camera than a content creator :)

HA!
Dont cut yourself short. You, unlike the rest, are respected. Dont change a thing.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
People destroyed a possibly good thread. Real questions and comments or thoughts....They need to get the block and heads magnafluxed or verified for cracks with some type of liquid/xray service, verify the deck and head mating surfaces are level. There’s no point in going forward without doing these critical steps. If the cylinder bores are good and they have to mill the decks, they may need to have pistons made to keep compression equal. I would go for a little high compression and run race gas but most wouldn’t do that. Would a 20’ or newer long block be cheaper (or available)? I want to see how this goes.
Agreed. Help a non-wrencher out a little....was her issue misfires caused by excess oil consumption or just excess oil consumption? I couldn't tell from the video. Will misfires throw a CEL?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Agreed. Help a non-wrencher out a little....was her issue misfires caused by excess oil consumption or just excess oil consumption? I couldn't tell from the video. Will misfires throw a CEL?
She put a tune on her engine. She should fix her own problems instead of committing fraud and trying to get her engine replaced under warranty. Want to play? Time to pay....

I hope her pathetic YouTube revenue covers the repairs.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
F the boobs and ass. She is (an attempted) thief. Zip it up sparky and get some sense of reality.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This thread has sure taken off since I looked at it yesterday.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
I have a question for you guys about your GT350 cars. Say you're cruising along in first gear and mash the throttle to the floor. Do these cars have enough power to break the tires loose?

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I have a question for you guys about your GT350 cars. Say you're cruising along in first gear and mash the throttle to the floor. Do these cars have enough power to break the tires loose?
How's that relevant to the topic? I'd post that in the general section and see how it goes even though this is just bait.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
I didn't want to start another thread. I just figured someone could answer a simple question. I guess you can't.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I didn't want to start another thread. I just figured someone could answer a simple question. I guess you can't.
No, he's seen people like you come and go. Wrong subject. Wrong forum. Wrong intention.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
F the boobs and ass. She is (an attempted) thief. Zip it up sparky and get some sense of reality.
With respect, I think you're reading something into this that may not be there. I'm not here to defend her, but it did occur to me to wonder how could she find out if the problem was covered by warranty or not if she didn't take it to a dealer. I don't think there's some kind of reverse Magnuson-Moss law that says she has to tell them it's been tuned. The dealer dug into it and determined that for whatever reason, the problem wasn't covered. It's what they do. The thing is, it's possible that the problem was truly a manufacturing defect and Ford may have elected to fix or replace the engine under warranty regardless of the tune - we've all read about cases on forums where this did happen. The only way to find out was to take it to a dealer, which is what she did.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
With respect, I think you're reading something into this that may not be there. I'm not here to defend her, but it did occur to me to wonder how could she find out if the problem was covered by warranty or not if she didn't take it to a dealer. I don't think there's some kind of reverse Magnuson-Moss law that says she has to tell them it's been tuned. The dealer dug into it and determined that for whatever reason, the problem wasn't covered. It's what they do. The thing is, it's possible that the problem was truly a manufacturing defect and Ford may have elected to fix or replace the engine under warranty regardless of the tune - we've all read about cases on forums where this did happen. The only way to find out was to take it to a dealer, which is what she did.
Oh, so the age of the innocence? "Oh gee, I didn't know"?

Everybody knows that if you tune your engine, your warranty is kaput. I can think of one person who proved otherwise and he had to do so with the threat of paying his own expense to prove his tune didnt cause the problem.

You gotta love the approach of just slap it back together like it didnt happen......

Yea, right. I hope this leads to many more episodes of woman driven for the engine rebuild series.

Edited to add:

With a special guest appearance by Kevin (honeybadger) who rebuilt with his engine and instead of taking the warranty path, rebuilt his own engine by taking responsibility. Hmm, that doesn't happen much these days. Kudos to kevin and stepping up as opposed to trying to profit off of it on a YouTube channel by creating all this drama.

Do you ever notice these YouTube celebs never show their faces around these forums?

Last edited:

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
No, he's seen people like you come and go. Wrong subject. Wrong forum. Wrong intention.
I should have explained. My 2016 GT and 2018 GT couldn't do that. My 2002 supercharged GT could do that. Now adding up the cost of a new GT and adding a supercharger and upgrading to a Tremec plus the machine shop work and all the parts needed to do a supercharged engine correctly. I would do better looking into a GT350.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Oh, so the age of the innocence? "Oh gee, I didn't know"?

Everybody knows that if you tune your engine, your warranty is kaput. I can think of one person who proved otherwise and he had to do so with the threat of paying his own expense to prove his tune didnt cause the problem.

You gotta love the approach of just slap it back together like it didnt happen......

Yea, right. I hope this leads to many more episodes of woman driven for the engine rebuild series.

Edited to add:

With a special guest appearance by Kevin (honeybadger) who rebuilt with his engine and instead of taking the warranty path, rebuilt his own engine by taking responsibility. Hmm, that doesn't happen much these days. Kudos to kevin and stepping up as opposed to trying to profit off of it on a YouTube channel by creating all this drama.

Do you ever notice these YouTube celebs never show their faces around these forums?
I was a troll for commenting on the GT500 weight she's a thief for trying to get a warranty claim.

Must be nice to live in you world where everything is so black and white if you do not agree with the person.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.