Sponsored

2 YouTubers going to be rebuilding engine themselves after warranty denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Woman. Driven & Itsjusta6. Should make for some interesting viewing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Were they denied due to tunes? Why denied?
One was for an aftermarket tune. When she brought her car to the dealership to see if she could get a new engine, Ford requested a picture of the engine compartment. She claims they noticed her stock air intake, which was reinstalled, was much cleaner than the rest of the engine. Ford saw this and requested the logs from the ECU and determined that the car was tuned. The other was denied because the car was twin turbo’d.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
One was for an aftermarket tune. When she brought her car to the dealership to see if she could get a new engine, Ford requested a picture of the engine compartment. She claims they noticed her stock air intake, which was reinstalled, was much cleaner than the rest of the engine. Ford saw this and requested the logs from the ECU and determined that the car was tuned. The other was denied because the car was twin turbo’d.
Links?

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
The other was denied because the car was twin turbo’d.
He wasn't denied, never attempted to warranty it. He didn't want to be a scumbag and try to pass it off as stock after taking TT kit off. He was upset because he took it to a dealer to verify engine was healthy before going FI and dealer said it was when it clearly wasn't.

Sponsored

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
A bit misleading. Itsjusta6 took his GT350 bone stock to the dealer after he bought it used private party. He wanted Ford technicians to do a rundown and make sure everything was healthy with the car. He paint marked some bolts and when he received the car back he noticed the bolts were never even touched and the dealership said everything looked fine. He then went on to twin turbo it. After a couple of runs, he mentioned that he noticed even more smoke than normal. He did a compression test and was low on one cylinder. He never took his car to get warrantied. He's upset that the dealership gave him back the car without even checking over it, when he believed it was having bad symptoms to begin with.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
He wasn't denied, never attempted to warranty it. He didn't want to be a scumbag and try to pass it off as stock after taking TT kit off. He was upset because he took it to a dealer to verify engine was healthy before going FI and dealer said it was when it clearly wasn't.
I stand corrected.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
It is what it is. Once you modify and tune all bets are off and
A bit misleading. Itsjusta6 took his GT350 bone stock to the dealer after he bought it used private party. He wanted Ford technicians to do a rundown and make sure everything was healthy with the car. He paint marked some bolts and when he received the car back he noticed the bolts were never even touched and the dealership said everything looked fine. He then went on to twin turbo it. After a couple of runs, he mentioned that he noticed even more smoke than normal. He did a compression test and was low on one cylinder. He never took his car to get warrantied. He's upset that the dealership gave him back the car without even checking over it, when he believed it was having bad symptoms to begin with.
Granted I have not watched his videos but this whole story reads strange. If he suspected Ford didn't do a proper check of the car why would he then go FI? Wouldn't the logical step be to go back to that Ford dealer and call them out? I am assuming he paid Ford to check the car and they provided a list of items to be checked? Seems odd to try and fight it after the fact.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
A friend of mine just sent me the link to Woman Driven's video. Now I find it a little suspect that just looking at the intake played a part in the denial, but I can almost guarantee that having a YouTube channel detailing what was done to the car didn't help. Also the fact that she bought the car into the dealership without a trunk or front end may have prompted some additional concerns on Ford's end.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Granted I have not watched his videos but this whole story reads strange...Seems odd to try and fight it after the fact.
To tl;dr it as much as possible, the quest for content bit him in the ass. Had an event upcoming, opportunity came up to TT it, rushed to get it done in time for said event, likely without thinking through the implications of throwing it on an engine he was unsure about. He's also had 3 different Coyote setups so was probably thinking pricing would be comparable if the 350 went down only to get a rude awakening.

Also, as said above, he's not fighting it, didn't try to fight it either. Everything he mentioned he did before FI.

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
Doris is a youboober...
That’s unfortunate.

I started following Doris from her first YouTube video when she got her GT350. The fact that she has a set of ta-tas is irrelevant to me. She will take on projects that a majority of the people on this forum would never consider doing. She has all of my respect.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.