Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Phase 2 on 15-17 was 727/610 vs 670/545 on the Phase 1.
rhe original phase 1 on 15’s was 627hp before they bumped it up to 670hp with a free calibration. You can still find 15’s without the calibration.

this will be an crank hp increase. They’ll advertise 750-760 to compete with GT500’s but I’ll be very interested in the before and after dyno’s

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
If I can get a 50HP reliable warrantied increase with a tune; I’m in :). How about Roush giving it for free to existing stage 1 customers! Class act company for sure!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
We know that the Roush design is prone to heat soak issues resulting in timing being pulled. However, I wonder if increasing the octane would make a significant difference.

In this video, they ran a Roush car on the VMP tune and then went back to the Roush tune. I do not know the DA but they made the point that it was toasty warm when they got to the track. They had boostane in the fuel and the VMP cal ran 10.30s and the Roush tune ran 11.1s.

Last edited:

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
We know that the Roush design is prone to heat soak issues resulting in timing being pulled. However, I wonder if increasing the octane would make a significant difference.

In tis video, they ran a a Roush car on the VMP tune and then went back to the Roush tune. I do not know the DA but they made the point that it was toasty warm when they got to the track. They had boostane in the fuel and the VMP cal ran 12.30s and the Roush tune ran 11.1s.

They also have headers on the car in that video as well as a JLT cold air intake (doubt it does much).

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I can get a 50HP reliable warrantied increase with a tune; I’m in :). How about Roush giving it for free to existing stage 1 customers! Class act company for sure!
I think it will be a 50-60hp increase for sure based upon waht they did last time. I actually drove a 15' Roush with the original 627hp calibration still on it. It needed the upgraded cal that's for sure. it was slow.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.

In this video, they ran a Roush car on the VMP tune and then went back to the Roush tune. I do not know the DA but they made the point that it was toasty warm when they got to the track. They had boostane in the fuel and the VMP cal ran 12.30s and the Roush tune ran 11.1s.

I looked up the DA for that date and time, the DA was 1800 FT. I believe that 12.30 is a typo.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

In this video, they ran a Roush car on the VMP tune and then went back to the Roush tune. I do not know the DA but they made the point that it was toasty warm when they got to the track. They had boostane in the fuel and the VMP cal ran 12.30s and the Roush tune ran 11.1s.

That was Roush tune which doe not increase timing for anything over 91, according to the Roush rep I talked to, versus VMP with a Boostane tune. They usually shoot for 98-100 octane which brings it up to about 680's rwhp.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
10.30s for VMP.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
That was Roush tune which doe not increase timing for anything over 91, according to the Roush rep I talked to, versus VMP with a Boostane tune. They usually shoot for 98-100 octane which brings it up to about 680's rwhp.
Additional octane might not add timing but maybe it prevents so much timing from being pulled.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Additional octane might not add timing but maybe it prevents so much timing from being pulled.
I ran boostane for about a month at 97 octane and all it did was make starting it after a short drive and stop difficult with the Roush cal. Along with the fact Roush tells you not to use it I don't think its worth the risk if warranty is important. If you're going to get a custom tune and not concerned with the warranty then it's great according to everything I've seen. Even better in Et's and Dyno's then 100 octane fuel.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Maybe it doesn’t add timing but I be it would help to pull timing if it was higher octane?

But some Roush guys report in the canned tune the car ran a bit better on some booster or a gallon or 2 of 100 unleaded.

Some say no?

Now if this revision Roush comes out with gets a bit more aggressive, who knows a teeny bit of octane may make it shine?

The one thing about the roush now, yes it heat soaks, all do, but it doesn’t hurt engines and their current tuning runs perfectly..

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Boostane does add timing to my PBD tune. Heat soak is not an issue with the VMP triple pass and the Pierburg CWA 100 pump in cooler weather.