Sponsored

Launch help needed. First time at at track in 27 years bad results

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
U can run a Dr at the track with a stick, the likelihood of success is very low. We all know once a Dr spins, it won't recover like a slick.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Man, coming from the GM world and running DR on LS based stuff with the LS6 and T-56 I don’t understand why u can’t run a a DR on a 6sp GT

Is it a light build, that weak?
I ran GM (sbc, bbc, LSx, T56 etc) for years. I'd never run a drag radial on a T56 car either. Of course anything with a factory T56 / LSx has a bigger weak spot than the transmission. And it's not Ford specific. If you go to Mickey Thompson's website they specifically recommend bias ply tires for stick shift cars - that's been the case for the 30+ years I've been wrenching.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ran GM (sbc, bbc, LSx, T56 etc) for years. I'd never run a drag radial on a T56 car either. Of course anything with a factory T56 / LSx has a bigger weak spot than the transmission. And it's not Ford specific. If you go to Mickey Thompson's website they specifically recommend bias ply tires for stick shift cars - that's been the case for the 30+ years I've been wrenching.
Crazy, so many guys I know did it for yrs, I totally get ya though, the wrinkle in a bias is superior

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Well, my experience, if you want to run a street/strip tire, I have tried quite a few. My favorite is the M&H drag radial. Yup, a radial with a stick. Work great on the strip and the track, never broke anything with them, pretty consistent 1.6 60"..

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well, my experience, if you want to run a street/strip tire, I have tried quite a few. My favorite is the M&H drag radial. Yup, a radial with a stick. Work great on the strip and the track, never broke anything with them, pretty consistent 1.6 60"..
What is the setup that went 1.6? Power? Weight? What car? The reason I ask is cause 1.6 maybe good for that setup but not good in another. For example my fox coupe in sig, a 1.6 is a horrible 60ft in that car.

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
2016 Mustang Gt Stage 2 Whipple 6spd manual. Best 60' was with slicks it went 1.51, 10.2@ 138. I have tried numerous different tires on it, et-r's, toyo drag radials, hoosier drag radials. The best compromise for daily driving and strip I have found is the M&H drag radials. Drive it to the track, adjust the shocks, drop the pressure, launch at about 2200 and slip the clutch I get 1.6 and 10.6-10.7's. And it hasn't broken anything with these. Great manners on the street other than in the rain.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
slower clutch release if you are spinning I think
Sponsored