Sponsored

Is the 10 speed really that much better than the 6 speed auto?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I don’t think anybody that has owned a A10 would say it lacks personality.

The first 3 shifts @ wot always has my ass eating the seat wondering if this car is going to come around. Lol.
Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Before you toss the rear wing it is functional and has been designed by Ford to work with the whole aero package on PP1. I read somewhere the rear wing produces 120 pounds of down force at 80 mph(?).

Like you, I didn't initially like the 18 and later new look over my 17, but I do now. I really like the lower hood.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well I appreciate everyone's responses (well almost everyone's). It cost me a little more than I initially thought, and it took a week to get it here, but the overall package with the A10 plus performance pack was too hard to pass up. Almost all the modifications I wanted to do, plus more power, plus a much quicker transmission, and all done in an evening. I haven't had a chance to drive it much at all, but I know the upshifts are waaayyyy faster than the old 6R80. After driving them back to back, it's literally night and day. I will report back once I have had some time to familiarize myself with the car some and let you know my opinions. Now time for some obligatory new car pics of course. That's my '17 GT that I traded it's sitting next to.

I still like the '15-'17 front end better, it just looks cleaner. We will see if the '18 up one grows on me any.

Also would have really like to find one with the spoiler delete. Not a huge fan of the size of it. Apparently the only way you can get one with no spoiler is to special order it.
Congrats on the new car. You will love the A10 especially when it learns your driving style. I liked the front of my 15’ better at first but the current style will grow on you.
Buy the way, looking at the pics I was wondering if you could have swapped the trunk lids?

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I appreciate everyone's responses (well almost everyone's). It cost me a little more than I initially thought, and it took a week to get it here, but the overall package with the A10 plus performance pack was too hard to pass up. Almost all the modifications I wanted to do, plus more power, plus a much quicker transmission, and all done in an evening. I haven't had a chance to drive it much at all, but I know the upshifts are waaayyyy faster than the old 6R80. After driving them back to back, it's literally night and day. I will report back once I have had some time to familiarize myself with the car some and let you know my opinions. Now time for some obligatory new car pics of course. That's my '17 GT that I traded it's sitting next to.
paRgVAHkY5tZu-aLT2_0i6UVM4eY4fGarvOqGMkCxoG_gxcARPKh8t2PDFoUg?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none.jpg

I still like the '15-'17 front end better, it just looks cleaner. We will see if the '18 up one grows on me any.

18bSauEo-EUM69iqXggKjgHqCOo58VWRd4aFCKfGslNOxXRAioYIyNg5qlA?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg
MxkrohXcL2UsgussXA-h-6Tn2qKtmtmEuL08D0dI-SCSooZTjVh4qyhwxCw?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

hkBzROmcdLwCuzGSxQgP6vk4FTjEdIxlytynd1WHKgpGajgedLkwX1_w4Pg?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

Also would have really like to find one with the spoiler delete. Not a huge fan of the size of it. Apparently the only way you can get one with no spoiler is to special order it.
Nice car!! I fell in love with the car when I discovered drag mode.. I didn't feel it was fast enough at first until I discovered drag mode. In drag mode the A10 was faster than a 627hp 15' I drove for an afternoon.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Drive one. Pop it in drag mode on the way back. Nuff' said.

OP
OP
Shawn 94 GT

Shawn 94 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Mustang GT PP1 A10
Well I had some time to work with the new car and take it out and drive it some tonight. Went ahead and installed my Steeda jacking rails that I pulled off my old car. Also changed out the wheels from my old car. I just don't think I will ever like totally black wheels. Had to sync up my TPMS sensors, so took it out for a drive around 9. I haven't driven it since I brought it home Tuesday night. Played with the modes some, and sport+ mode is so much more enjoyable with the 10 speed. The old 6 speed was just too jerky when downshifting in sport+. There was just too big of gap between the ratios. With so many more on the A10, it's much more gradual and doesn't jump the revs up 1500 RPMs on down shifts. Up shifts are very quick. Snappy is a good way to put it. I haven't really beat on the car any yet. Still trying to get some break in miles on the motor, but driving around tonight in sport+ was definitely more fun than in my old car. The 10 speed really seems to wake the whole car up. Programing seems better. Throttle response seems to be better in all modes. The factory exhaust(mine is not the active exhaust) sound soooo much better than the stock exhaust did on my '17. I would say it's about 70 percent of the loudness of the Roush axle backs that I had on my '17 with a very nice tone. I will probably still replace the exhaust, but it's not bad at all compared to the '17. Overall fit and finish seem a bit better on this one. That's probably just the luck of the draw, but nothing looks out of place. I do have a little motor noise when it's warming up. Nothing bad at this point, and I'm not worried about it. These are just not silent motors. Other observations are I do like the cloth seats over the leather. They are much grippier than the leather from my previous car. The leather on the steering wheel on the '19 doesn't feel nearly as nice as the leather on my '17. This could just be they used smoother, cheaper leather on the non premium cars. I like the red start button, and that they brought the halo rings on the gauges back. The LED headlights do a better job than the HIDs from the '17. The new has obviously not worn off of it yet for me, but overall I am very happy with the car. I definitely missed the performance pack goodies on my '17, especially the grabiness of the Brembos. Some people hate it, but I am not one of them. The last two Mustangs I didn't keep more than 24 months, but if this one gives me no trouble, it might just be around for quiet some time.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
My 401A steering wheel is one of the best feeling I have ever had in a car, especially when it heats up on a cold morning. And the digital dash is tits!

Your new PP1 did not come with Brembos?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My 401A steering wheel is one of the best feeling I have ever had in a car, especially when it heats up on a cold morning. And the digital dash is tits!

Your new PP1 did not come with Brembos?

I kept wanting to do an aftermarket steering wheel in my '16, never got around to it, traded for this '19 and it's a pass for me now! Not only do I kind of dig on the general feel, but I __finally__ have a heated wheel, and I'm definitely not losing that (yes, I know I'm in Florida, but when it's 20 with the top down, a heated wheel is pretty sweet :D)

His PP1 definitely has Brembos, I had to re-read this:

I definitely missed the performance pack goodies on my '17, especially the grabiness of the Brembos.
He's saying he realized how much he missed the Brembos on his '17, because now he has them again on his new ride. I think ...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shawn 94 GT

Shawn 94 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Mustang GT PP1 A10
Yes, my new car definitely has Brembos. My ‘17 did not. I really wanted this car to be a little more basic, and that’s why I optioned it that way. I’m thinking the difference in the steering wheel leather must be a non premium car thing. I drove a base 300a too and it had the same leather as mine. The leather on my ‘17 wheel had a rougher texture and felt nicer.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes, my new car definitely has Brembos. My ‘17 did not. I really wanted this car to be a little more basic, and that’s why I optioned it that way. I’m thinking the difference in the steering wheel leather must be a non premium car thing. I drove a base 300a too and it had the same leather as mine. The leather on my ‘17 wheel had a rougher texture and felt nicer.
Agree the leather steering wheel on a mostly base PP1 car is kinda meh. Also agree the cloth seats feel more embracing. Thinking of doing the flat bottom steering wheel swap at some point.
Sponsored