Sponsored

edelbrock 2650 stg2 vs Whipple stg 2 on 93 which one !!!

edelbrock 2650 stg2 vs Whipple stg 2 on 93 which one do you choose !!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
just curious why no one seems to talk about the vmp 3 blower, after all my research it seems like its up there and comes with the bigger throttle body, big heat exchanger where the others they are more $$
Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Stage 2 whipple A10 on E85. Made 750whp in 6th gear on a Mustang Dyno.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The poll shows a tie between the EB and the Whipple. I am surprised that the EB is getting that level of support. Apparently most are going with a custom tune instead of sticking with the tunes that come with the kits. Once you go custom, I have having a hard time seeing a ton of difference between the two...other than reputation, service or installer preference. In looking through the posts, I don't see a compelling argument for the EB. What am I missing?

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just depends on if you want your pulley's in inches or millimeters lol

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
The poll shows a tie between the EB and the Whipple. I am surprised that the EB is getting that level of support. Apparently most are going with a custom tune instead of sticking with the tunes that come with the kits. Once you go custom, I have having a hard time seeing a ton of difference between the two...other than reputation, service or installer preference. In looking through the posts, I don't see a compelling argument for the EB. What am I missing?
#1. Price
#2. EB is a TVS which arguably provides more power down low and less heat because it's more efficient.
#3. Looks? Silly yes but true.
#4. Because every one has a whipple.
#5. Better Intercooler design.

Take all of these with a grain of salt but you did ask. I'm not saying any of them is true one way or another but they are legit reasons why people go with the EB. I went with my little E-force 2300 strictly for the low price. In my opinion both seam to be great kits and the biggest difference is TVS vs TS which is a arguement in itself. Personally, I'm just happy to be blown!:dance:

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
#1. Price
#2. EB is a TVS which arguably provides more power down low and less heat because it's more efficient.
#3. Looks? Silly yes but true.
#4. Because every one has a whipple.
#5. Better Intercooler design.

Take all of these with a grain of salt but you did ask. I'm not saying any of them is true one way or another but they are legit reasons why people go with the EB. I went with my little E-force 2300 strictly for the low price. In my opinion both seam to be great kits and the biggest difference is TVS vs TS which is a arguement in itself. Personally, I'm just happy to be blown!:dance:
Pretty much all these. Technically the edelbrock has the faster car and PD blower record. However both setups are into the 8s so it doesn't really matter. Either blower will support whatever you need.

I also trust the Eaton TVS Edelbrock design/build to be more reliable as an OEM compared to the Whipple, long term. Since both blowers were so close, I went with the Edelbrock and custom tune.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Plus EB Stage 2 give u 8 rib standard and the larger HE too

Whipplr charges u extra for 10 rib and OS HE

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Just looking at retail prices, it appears that the Whipple is less expensive than the EB even if you get the $400 HE upgrade on the Whipple. The Whipple tune provides excellent drivability so you don't need to spend extra for a custom tune if you choose not to.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just looking at retail prices, it appears that the Whipple is less expensive than the EB even if you get the $400 HE upgrade on the Whipple. The Whipple tune provides excellent drivability so you don't need to spend extra for a custom tune if you choose not to.
Well your forgetting the whipple has a 6 rib but the eb has an 8-rib

To me I would want the 8-rib, if u add the 10-rib to the whipple it’s 10,300

Eb Stage 2 is 8995

But I would agree, it seems the whipple canned tunes seem to be better so in the end there very close when u factor in tuning

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Unless one goes crazy with a smaller pulley, I think the 6 rib is adequate. Some guys have gone to a grippier belt but I haven't heard of any significant belt issues.

I am not necessarily advocating or criticizing either kit. In my area, Whipple is more popular with the Mustang guys and the installers. Part of that may just be more familiarity with them. I am sure both are good choices.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Unless one goes crazy with a smaller pulley, I think the 6 rib is adequate. Some guys have gone to a grippier belt but I haven't heard of any significant belt issues.

I am not necessarily advocating or criticizing either kit. In my area, Whipple is more popular with the Mustang guys and the installers. Part of that may just be more familiarity with them. I am sure both are good choices.
That’s true, there are the griptek pulleys available, But i have see a few post about guys seeing 6 ribs eating belts a bit quicker and more belt dust?

Pick your poison, but u do make a good point. Looks like Whipples canned tunes are better as of now

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
One of the guys on here is running a 2.75 on a 6rib whipple and is on the verge of 8's lol

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
One of the guys on here is running a 2.75 on a 6rib whipple and is on the verge of 8's lol
How many miles a Yr does he drive the car? Probably not many going 8’s?

My point is the 8 rib for a STREET car isn’t a bad idea, if you guys break a belt u just put it back in the trailer or fix it before your next pass.

If I break one, I’m stuck on the side of the road, food for thought

But I agree with u, u prolly don’t need 8 rib at 10-11psi
Sponsored