Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
Sorry if mentioned already, we're at 32 pages and I haven't the time. I'm at 34,000 miles on my '16 premium GT PP and the faux chrome on the cup holders and the interior door handles is flaking off. Cup holders, ok. Door handles, that crap will cut your fingers. If anyone knows a good fix then please let me know.
Whoa, that’s super discouraging. Hoping that’s not a standard thing for people. May need to switch out the handles?
Sponsored

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The mt-82. Sure it works, but it’s just so finicky.
Agree with this. If the car shifted better, it'd be awesome. Mine seems very notchy. Got some new tranny oil waiting to go in, which I'm hoping will improve it.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Worst thing I hate is that my stock engine is good for only 800 wheel. Wish gen 2s came with forged pistons so I could do 900+ stock shortblock :(

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The fact that I don't have one yet. Or have it on order yet. That is the worst thing about it. Bit jealous every time I come here and see all these beautiful cars you all own.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The fact that I don't have one yet. Or have it on order yet. That is the worst thing about it. Bit jealous every time I come here and see all these beautiful cars you all own.
giphy.gif

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Ha, I'm trying. Looking to put about a 50% downpayment on it to keep payments below 500/month on a 60 month finance, so I'll need about 25k down. I've got most of it. Once I have that I'll order. Race Red 401A, PP1, Magneride, red interior, pretty much optioned out except for the auto. Maybe, maybe go with the PP2. I am planning on the B&O upgrade as well, any opinions on if that is worth it?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Greetings my Cajun brother! You need to hook up with Dwaine at Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge and get you a Mustang. You can PM me for more names and info if you want. This jewel of mine was 10K off the top before negotiating.
20190528_075113.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ha, I'm trying. Looking to put about a 50% downpayment on it to keep payments below 500/month on a 60 month finance, so I'll need about 25k down. I've got most of it. Once I have that I'll order. Race Red 401A, PP1, Magneride, red interior, pretty much optioned out except for the auto. Maybe, maybe go with the PP2. I am planning on the B&O upgrade as well, any opinions on if that is worth it?
You know they're giving the 2019s away right now, and doing 0% financing?

Take advantage of the huge savings off MSRP and 0%, and worry less about getting exactly what you want. There's still many 2019s on dealers lots right now.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Greetings my Cajun brother! You need to hook up with Dwaine at Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge and get you a Mustang. You can PM me for more names and info if you want. This jewel of mine was 10K off the top before negotiating.
20190528_075113.jpg
will do as I get closer to ordering. I know I won't be ordering from All Star here in Baton Rouge, despite the fact that me and my family have bought over 20 Fords in the last few years from them. they want MSRP+ to custom order.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
You know they're giving the 2019s away right now, and doing 0% financing?

Take advantage of the huge savings off MSRP and 0%, and worry less about getting exactly what you want. There's still many 2019s on dealers lots right now.
I keep my vehicles until the wheels fall off and the panels rust through, then I rebuild them. I think the average age of my 5 Fords is 35 years old, so this car will be a forever car, so it must be exactly and precisely what I want, and I want it to match my 71 mach 1 as closely as possible, and if someone ever comes out with a NACA/NASA hood for it it'll get that too. If I can find the right car, anywhere in the country when I'm ready, I'll travel any distance as well, I'll probably be asking this site to help me crowdsource dealer searches for it. I can't really think of any options on the car I would be willing to part with, other than the B&O upgrade as that is something that I can be done myself. Even the safe and secure package I will want to have a lockable place for the pistol.

Sponsored

USMCGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GT PP1, Jeep TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee , Audi TT
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....

Trunk release next to the sunglasses holder. I tend to accidentally tap my trunk and pop it open while driving. Ford should put a while moving trunk lockout in.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Panel gaps (hood/fenders).

Also, the car had a bend in the metal edge along the bottom of the passenger door when new. From the outside it looks like PPF film peeling up but it’s actually the edge of the door that is bending up.

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Yep, and if they don't have it, follow the link and order from Tasca like I did for .01 + shipping, or Google the part number in the picture. By relocating the buckle to the left, the pressure on your neck is eased.
Lol - went right in to the dealership showed the service gal this thread she went to "parts" and grabbed one for me. That extension works great -- thanks guys.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
20190528_075113.jpg
10k off MSRP? That's a great deal !!!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
the extension reminds me of something needed for fat people on airplanes and stuff
I think technically, that's the intended use, but it also moves the connection point closer to the door (and the shoulder belt away from your neck). I mean, I don't have an issue with the belts, but I get how it's being used.

Back seat is almost unusable , needs more space
I picked up my little G and her friend from school (6th grade) yesterday, they both fit in back with their huge backpacks and a violin :D

I think having a convertible [with the top down] makes the back seats way more usable, there's endless headroom, and it's easy to get in because you can just step in (vs. having to squeeze through head first, through the space between the seat and the rear window.
Sponsored