Exhaust options

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
ouch lol have got the resonator in the loft if you want to fit an extra resonator it to your quiet stealth race red mustang lol

warranty isn't really affected by Roush or Borla exhausts as these are partnered by ford (Info From a Ford dealership )My original Roush axle back was fitted by a ford dealership when I bought the car .
and in any case the warranty would only be affected to the part or parts you modify ( also from Ford )
Sponsored

Last edited:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
whats this warranty thing people speak of is it the 8 month argument you have to have with ford to get anything done.

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I went with the Ford Performance Sport QUAD cat back by Borla with GT350 lower valance - looks and sounds great - but expensive
15892C2A-0474-4E73-8E5A-6329BD259B9D.jpeg

Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I'm hoping get the borla touring. I want more muscle car burble when shes warm and just idling

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've got black tip Borla S-Type. Loud AF. Love it. I hope my neighbours love it too.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I donā€™t remember Borla ever doing any system for the S550 with an H pipe, otherwise lā€™d have bought one!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Borla touring with resonator

9:56 for exhaust sound

Sponsored
OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,

So I made a decision and went for the Ford Performance by Borla Touring Cat Back. It has the Borla Touring mufflers but an X pipe instead of the resonator that comes with the standard Borla Touring system. Sounds great. Deep burble on start and tick over and not doo raspy at higher revs. Volume wise, I believe itā€™s a bit louder than the Borla Touring Cat Back, but not as loud as their Sport model. Will definitely turn heads, but hopefully wonā€™t attract too much attention from the neighbours! That was the sweet spot I was aiming for! Oh yeah, great service and mustang6g price from Nemesis.

Cheers
David

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi guys,

So I made a decision and went for the Ford Performance by Borla Touring Cat Back. It has the Borla Touring mufflers but an X pipe instead of the resonator that comes with the standard Borla Touring system. Sounds great. Deep burble on start and tick over and not doo raspy at higher revs. Volume wise, I believe itā€™s a bit louder than the Borla Touring Cat Back, but not as loud as their Sport model. Will definitely turn heads, but hopefully wonā€™t attract too much attention from the neighbours! That was the sweet spot I was aiming for! Oh yeah, great service and mustang6g price from Nemesis.

Cheers
David
Snap! Excellent choice, glad you like it. Did you go for the chrome or black tips? Really is an amazing piece of kit...enjoy :)

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
The Xpipe is what puts me off the Ford performance as they seem raspy higher up the rev range but never heard one in person. I wonder what the borla atak would be like with the touring resonator

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@FAB Cruiser

Congrats on getting your exhaust sorted.

I've a general question to anyone who's replaced / removed their centre resonator. Do you get drone, at any load or engine speed?

I'd like a bit more sound at cruise, but not sure how to get it. Besides that I'm pleased with the standard system on my MY19 GT.

I ask as my daily is an audi B8 A4 V6. Some folk removed the centre res & found their car to be undriveable. I've modified my exhaust but I've kept the resonators.
Its improved the sound, but there's still a mild drone issue at certain revs although I kept my resonators.
I realize these are two different cars, so perhaps don't stand comparison. So I'm wondering just what are the real world results from removing the centre resonator from the GT.
Is there any drone at all or do these X & H pipes provide enhanced sound with no drone?

Last edited:
OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
To answer a couple of the above questions, I went with the Chrome tips because the car has silver wheels and window frame.
The exhaust was only Installed this morning and Iā€™m told it will ā€˜bed inā€™ and change tone slightly. However, once I hit a steady cruising speed on the way home, there was no drone. Also less rasp than I was expecting from an X pipe. it sounds more muscle car than Euro racer. Definitely in the middle ground....Not mild, not wild!
Will be interesting to see if the MPG changes on my regular run down to Poole.
Sponsored