Sponsored

Weird chirping noise

starboy786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
hey everyone so I noticed the last two nights that my car is starting to make a chirping noise (sounds like some birds or crickets honestly lol) seems to be coming from somewhere in the front of the car. It didn’t make the noise during the day time but I hear it at night for some reason. I can’t hear it when the cars in idle or when it’s in park and I rev it (popped the hood and listened for it but heard nothing) but while I’m driving I can definitely hear it. I’m out of warranty now so just wanted some opinions on what it could be before I end up wasting my time at the dealership and being told it’s normal which it’s clearly not since it wasn’t doing it before. Any idea on what this could be?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Maybe it's a bad wheel bearing that's causing the chirping noise. As for only hearing it at night, i don't know, maybe there are less cars on the road therefore less noise, making it easier to hear the car making the chirp noise.

19Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 RaceRed 401A 10A
hey everyone so I noticed the last two nights that my car is starting to make a chirping noise (sounds like some birds or crickets honestly lol) seems to be coming from somewhere in the front of the car. It didn’t make the noise during the day time but I hear it at night for some reason. I can’t hear it when the cars in idle or when it’s in park and I rev it (popped the hood and listened for it but heard nothing) but while I’m driving I can definitely hear it. I’m out of warranty now so just wanted some opinions on what it could be before I end up wasting my time at the dealership and being told it’s normal which it’s clearly not since it wasn’t doing it before. Any idea on what this could be?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!
Did you ever find out what this was? I have had a cricket or chirping noise now on my 19GT 10R80... Only seems to happen on throttle 1-3 gear. Doesn't do it all the time. At first we thought brakes as my rotors had some bad grooves in them (felt like a vinyl record). Dealer resurfaced the rotors but of course could not duplicate the noise. For one day i thought it was fixed but noise was back this morning. My next step is to take it by the dealer when i hear the noise and take a tech for a ride. I recorded the noise but the service writer basically blew that off...