Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
It just isn't out there. We need another "Bullitt" movie, some new entertainment that features the Mustang.

I'm thinking a new Miami Vice, with a convertible Mustang for Tubbs. Crocket will have to continue with a Ferrari, there's no way around that.

The car is too damn good to be quiet about. Or, maybe, the best idea is to keep the car secret, or prices might jump up like Wranglers are doing right now.
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
First off, you need to realize that us "car guys" are an extremely small minority of movie goers or T.V. watchers.

Most peeps don't give two $hits about cars, especially millennials.

To the vast majority of peeps, a car is simply an appliance that gets them from point A to point B. Most people have about as much enthusiasm for cars as they do for a matching set of washer/dryer.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
First off, you need to realize that us "car guys" are an extremely small minority of movie goers or T.V. watchers.

Most peeps don't give two $hits about cars, especially millennials.

To the vast majority of peeps, a car is simply an appliance that gets them from point A to point B. Most people have about as much enthusiasm for cars as they do for a matching set of washer/dryer.
I realize all of that. Living where I do, I've explained this to others for years.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
There have been these types of movies lately, they just haven't been any good. There was Need for Speed. There was another that featured a Mustang recently that I never saw and can't remember the name.

I think the last goodish movie featuring a Mustang was Gone in 60 Seconds.

And Miami Vice was already attempted and failed.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Think back to the old detective shows where the car was a part of the character. Tons of them, but no Mustangs that I can remember. Starsky & Hutch, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Rockford Files, A-Team, etc. I'm happy to see Mustangs in NASCAR, though I don't follow NASCAR like I did 20 years ago.

Edited to add: I just remembered, didn't one of Charlies Angels have a Mach 1?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm English, but my love for American cars was born of TV shows from the 70's and 80's......Starsky's Torino, Bo n Luke's Charger, Rockford's Firebird Formula.......so its a powerful medium. The Mustang has traditionally been well catered for in blockbuster films (Bullitt, obviously, but Gone in 60 Seconds (the original and remake) and the S197 featured nicely in I am Legend, Drive and Need For Speed.......in fact NFS was also the S550's film debut right at the end, but I can't think of any other significant films its been in!

All of the above has added to Mustang's "cool factor"..........so I agree it would be great to see that continue.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Yea, a movie in 2006. Jamie Foxx and Colin Ferrell.
That was an amazing movie. Loved every minute of it!!

I thought you meant a TV series.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The Miami Vice movie (produced by Michael Mann, who also produced the TV series) was actually pretty good. It used a story line from an episode called Smuggler's Blues from series 1 of the TV series. And whilst this may seem slightly off topic, its not, because that episode briefly featured a Mustang :like:
Miami Vice.jpg

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Remember the TV series Alcatraz? That featured a pretty cool homage to the Bullitt chase scene (and a slick move by Ford as this was in 2012 and was the first time we saw the '13 model year car :) )

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
YouTube is modern pop culture.

YouTubers with Mustangs: Adam LZ (GT350, 2.5M subs), Goonzquad (GT, 1.5M subs), TJ Hunt (Supercharged GT, 1.4M subs), ThatDudeInBlue (SN197 VMP, 1M subs), MotionAutoTV (EcoBoost drift project that disappeared, 410k subs), Matt Maran (Bullitt, 395K subs), DragTimes (GT500 on order, 230K subs), Mustang Lifestyle (various, 97K subs). StangMode (N/A GT, GT500 on order, 74K subs), Xander13 (GT, 25K subs), That1320Chick (Whipple GT, 17k subs).

Tons more I'm sure.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It just isn't out there. We need another "Bullitt" movie, some new entertainment that features the Mustang.
Obviously you somehow missed the biggest advertising of the 2015 Mustang a small flick called Need for Speed. Also the new HyperDrive Netflix show is amazing advert of the S197 platform.