From what people have said..

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve looked at every thread regarding canned tunes and all of the PD kits and from it looks like guys are still having problems with surge, cold starts, stalling, mid rpm boost drop, codes.

It’s kinda sad, you would think that the manufactures could get the tuning correct.

It gives me an uneasy feeling if I’m laying out 5500-7500 bucks

I don’t wanna loose my warranty so I won’t custom tune, however I do have access to 93 and I would be willing to run boostane just to get rid of any poss knock and keep tuning up to where the companies spec the tune for.

Honestly of the roush, whipple or edelbrock the roush tune looks like it’s the best canned tune to date, or am I wrong?
Sponsored

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The current whipple 2018+ tune leaves little room for improvement.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My buddy put the Edlebrock on his 18 and he hasn't had a single complaint about any of those issues. I've seen a few with Whipple issues but many more are happy. Prochargers seem to leave a lot of power on the table for the base kits. IDK anything about the others and coyotes.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Kinda funny, u go into search and not a month ago guys r having issues with all 3, would love to hear from guys who r on canned tunes

Are you guys happy?

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm not going to go back and search for the threads but are those people had issues Long term members with lots of posts or just people who come to find help for a problem?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea it’s like 4-8 weeks back in the threads, just seems the canned stuff is not so good, I mean your spending 5500-7500 and you have issues?

Love to hear from some actual stage one guys with canned tunes, regardless of company

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
I’m running a Roush stage 1 700HP 2650 TVS supercharger on a completely stock 2019 mustang GT with there X pipe and the car runs flawlessly to the point I would call it better then stock. Roush just released a new tune and that is what’s on my car. For a canned tune with a warranty I am extremely happy.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m running a Roush stage 1 700HP 2650 TVS supercharger on a completely stock 2019 mustang GT with there X pipe and the car runs flawlessly to the point I would call it better then stock. Roush just released a new tune and that is what’s on my car. For a canned tune with a warranty I am extremely happy.

That's what i keep hearing, I wonder if Roush uses Ford Software to tune vs other companies using hp tuners etc

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Whipple uses ford software and I believe roush as well. I think the others use hacked and cracked stuff.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Yes it is ford software. Roush is the OEM for Ford Racing’s Supercharger. They are fully embedded with Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes it is ford software. Roush is the OEM for Ford Racing’s Supercharger. They are fully embedded with Ford.
Yes I kinda new that and figured they used ford tuning software....
There has to be a bit more tuning using that Ford OEM suite, for a stage 1 kit the latest (tuning) roush is looking better

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I suggest you stay stock and invest your money into your 401K. You have become a victim of buying into all of the negativity of the internet and losing site that this is not the majority, but rather the place where the minority come to piss and whine about their issues rather than work them out. One and done is the mindset of these types and apparently you have taken their bait hook line and sinker. So do yourself a favor and enjoy the car in its stock form. You said it yourself that it gives you an uneasy feeling to lay out 5500-7500 for a setup. Hate to tell you this but many have done this and had good results. Others have taken the time to work through the issues that come with a man made product in an imperfect world. Those that have not just whine about it and won't help themselves. You're being taken in IMHO by the latter. So go with your gut feeling, keep your money, and enjoy your vehicle as it sits, or until you run out of 36/36 warranty and then do the full monty.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I suggest you stay stock and invest your money into your 401K. You have become a victim of buying into all of the negativity of the internet and losing site that this is not the majority, but rather the place where the minority come to piss and whine about their issues rather than work them out. One and done is the mindset of these types and apparently you have taken their bait hook line and sinker. So do yourself a favor and enjoy the car in its stock form. You said it yourself that it gives you an uneasy feeling to lay out 5500-7500 for a setup. Hate to tell you this but many have done this and had good results. Others have taken the time to work through the issues that come with a man made product in an imperfect world. Those that have not just whine about it and won't help themselves. You're being taken in IMHO by the latter. So go with your get feeling, keep your money, and enjoy your vehicle as it sits, or until you run out of 36/36 warranty and then do the full monty.
Your not giving me bad advice, but its almost like your justifying it's ok for things to work incorrectly?
People pay big money, IMHO the tunes shouldn't throw codes, go into limp, stall, or surge...

But I do agree with you, maybe I should keep my moola in my diversified portfolio,
However owning some fast cars over the yrs it would be fun to have another 10 Sec driver.....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve looked at every thread regarding canned tunes and all of the PD kits and from it looks like guys are still having problems with surge, cold starts, stalling, mid rpm boost drop, codes.

It’s kinda sad, you would think that the manufactures could get the tuning correct.

It gives me an uneasy feeling if I’m laying out 5500-7500 bucks

I don’t wanna loose my warranty so I won’t custom tune, however I do have access to 93 and I would be willing to run boostane just to get rid of any poss knock and keep tuning up to where the companies spec the tune for.

Honestly of the roush, whipple or edelbrock the roush tune looks like it’s the best canned tune to date, or am I wrong?
Not with Boostane. I stopped using it. If you drive it hard then stop the car, then start it a few minutes later it will hesitate. Soon as so I cut out boostane it quit. Called Roush and they specifically stated not to use octane booster. So I’m going to wait u til the warranty period runs out and get a custom tune for boostane. For now no boostane.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not with Boostane. I stopped using it. If you drive it hard then stop the car, then start it a few minutes later it will hesitate. Soon as so I cut out boostane it quit. Called Roush and they specifically stated not to use octane booster. So I’m going to wait u til the warranty period runs out and get a custom tune for boostane. For now no boostane.

Thank you for the info, that’s very interesting. So roush wants 91/93 on their tune
Sponsored