Sponsored

Drag vs roll racing????

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Im getting ready to do a track day with my car. Havent been able to do much this year with it. 16 gt with p1sc and supporting mods. Making 650whp. I wanted to get some input on what type of racing is easier on the car. Either 1/4 mile drag or there is a slip stream roll racing event at my local nascar track. Roll racing is the straight stretch on the nascar track. Starting at 60mph.
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Roll racing is usually easier on any setup due to not having the initial hard launch

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yea that was my thought to. I know that boost and high top end can be bad to.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Im getting ready to do a track day with my car. Havent been able to do much this year with it. 16 gt with p1sc and supporting mods. Making 650whp. I wanted to get some input on what type of racing is easier on the car. Either 1/4 mile drag or there is a slip stream roll racing event at my local nascar track. Roll racing is the straight stretch on the nascar track. Starting at 60mph.
I'd say drag is more of a driver's race and roll is more of a who has the faster car race. I would think drag would be harder on the car because of the hard launch but long pulls on a FI set-up definetly will push the iat. How far is the race? I never officially roll raced but it does look like fun. Starting at 60 mph puts me right in the sweet spot of 3rd gear, maybe I'll see you at Pocono on Sept 15!

Sponsored

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yea thats the event im hoping for!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
What was the point in boosting it if you're going to worry about using it? If you have "supporting mods" then that implicates you have re enforced the rear suspension with anti hop suspension upgrades, possibly heavier duty half shafts, a better tire in the back, and an upgraded clutch setup if its an manual at minimum. So being that you didn't elaborate and one can only assume this is what you meant go lay into like two newlywed virgins on their first night and have fun.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yes i have basic rear susp. Upgraded clutch. Better tires. Fuel.lth.full exhaust.opg/cs.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i have basic rear susp. Upgraded clutch. Better tires. Fuel.lth.full exhaust.opg/cs.
I have full bmr suspension but that's not going to help me in a roll race, maybe we can run both roll and 1\4 to show the difference in mods. Where in pa are u? I'd rather run Cecil but maple grove is close also.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Then get to it. I don't understand your concerns unless you are just talking to talk. Short of T56 swap you should be all but golden. As an old pool player friend of mine use to say, "Quit talkin' and start chalkin".

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have full bmr suspension but that's not going to help me in a roll race, maybe we can run both roll and 1\4 to show the difference in mods. Where in pa are u? I'd rather run Cecil but maple grove is close also.

Im in the poconos

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Roll racing:cwl::cwl::cwl:.......Sorry....carry on.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Roll racing is alot more fun than drag racing.The fun starts after the 1/4 mile!:crackup:

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Roll racing is alot more fun than drag racing.The fun starts after the 1/4 mile!:crackup:
Roll racing is for tricycles, radio flyer wagons, soap box derby, and people who don't understand the basic concepts of weight transfer.
Sponsored