Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Finalized the bag install last night. Here is the final result. I couldn't be happier with the new look! Special thanks to @rum_punch_ruby for hooking me up with the airlift system and evening being nice enough to safely pack it up and ship it to me! It is awesome how Mustang6G has enabled me to connect with others who share this passion for Mustangs and well as helped me get a ton of parts for this build! Extremely excited with how the custom trunk setup turned out, and we even did a tattered flag design on the tank to match my engine coil covers!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
Looks killer! Hope you enjoy
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Wasn’t the easiest “simple” mod I’ve ever done, but I got it done without having to pull the engine.... :)
Did you take the airbox out or go from underneath the car?

I’m changing mine this weekend

loubear911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

It is A LOT easier from the top. I did mine yesterday also, but decided to make it a lot harder by not making it a dual horn, but by putting in an air horn.

loubear911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Put a Strut Tower Brace on that I bought off Ebay from Shelby Motors out in Las Vegas. Argued with 3 dealerships that the size nut they were telling me to use was not the right thread. Hunted down the right ones, so here is a picture of that part also (They are 10X1.5 NOT 10X1.25)

Also replaced the whimpy single horn with an air horn. Is it obnoxious? A LITTLE! Is it over the top? YES! Did it save my '19 Mustang from being hit by a teen that was texting and driving this morning? HELL YEAH!!!

20190815_153856.jpg
20190815_173245.jpg
20190815_164846.jpg
20190814_144544.jpg

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
40% ceramic tint on the front windshield today, don't HAVE to wear sunglasses when driving now...probably still will though.
MVIMG_20190816_111709.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Well yesterday, got back from vacay and went to hell's kitchen and played with the big boys. I'll post a video soon.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Did you take the airbox out or go from underneath the car?

I’m changing mine this weekend
I didn’t remove the air box and did it from the top. The captive nut for the one bolt is not affixed to the body, so you need to secure that to hold it in place. I could only get one arm in. I used some gorilla tape on the back of the the nut to hold it secure when I removed the bolt. It was tricky holding the new assembly and the bolt in it as I moved it into place, and started the bolt. Once it caught I was then able to use my 8mm socket on 1/4” drive to tighten it up. Good luck!!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I didn’t remove the air box and did it from the top. The captive nut for the one bolt is not affixed to the body, so you need to secure that to hold it in place. I could only get one arm in. I used some gorilla tape on the back of the the nut to hold it secure when I removed the bolt. It was tricky holding the new assembly and the bolt in it as I moved it into place, and started the bolt. Once it caught I was then able to use my 8mm socket on 1/4” drive to tighten it up. Good luck!!
thanks for the tip! I was worried about losing that nut into the engine bay abyss lol

Sponsored

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Tried replacing my broken reverse lockout only to find the aftermarket shift know was installed with loctite. Tried getting the knob off with a strap wrench. Not only did it not budge I managed to break the shifter boot trim. :headbang:

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old belt and a pair of channel locks? Or just put in an mgw?

Tried replacing my broken reverse lockout only to find the aftermarket shift know was installed with loctite. Tried getting the knob off with a strap wrench. Not only did it not budge I managed to break the shifter boot trim. :headbang: