Sponsored

Upgrade wheel/tires or suspension 1st?

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I’d like to run a 275 up front and a 305 in the back keeping it a stock looking as well. Really trying to make it look like an Ecoboost would the replica pp1 wheels be able to support the 275 up front and 305 in the back
As long as they're 10.5 inches you'll be fine, ideally you'd want 11 but that will work.
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have PS4S on my GT and am going to do some suspension work first. I mean, the tires are brand new so no point getting rid of them, but I think ill get more out of suspension mods first. Mainly some of the stop the hop bits from Steeda and Progressive Springs.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Because auto more than likely.
No, I had a buddy follow me Sunday to see and I'm bouncing for sure he said. Maybe the coil overs and being lowered is making it hard for me to tell that it's actually happening. So hop/bounce kind of the same issue. I talked to BMR and they're recommending CB762 and CB010. Supposedly it will also help with the sliding and looseness.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, I had a buddy follow me Sunday to see and I'm bouncing for sure he said. Maybe the coil overs and being lowered is making it hard for me to tell that it's actually happening. So hop/bounce kind of the same issue. I talked to BMR and they're recommending CB762 and CB010. Supposedly it will also help with the sliding and looseness.
I’m not sure that we’re talking about the same thing.
When you accelerate HARD and the tyres start to spin, does your car make a very loud, very rapid thumping noise, as though the driveline is trying to escape?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure that we’re talking about the same thing.
When you accelerate HARD and the tyres start to spin, does your car make a very loud, very rapid thumping noise, as though the driveline is trying to escape?
Not really no. What my buddy saw was from a 30 roll. Just lots of rear end bouncing. Kind of like the video either BMR or steeda put out showing IRS bouncing around under high acceleration. To be honest I can't hear anything over my exhaust and supercharger. Tires squeal from a dig but it happens so fast I can't really tell.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Not really no. What my buddy saw was from a 30 roll. Just lots of rear end bouncing. Kind of like the video either BMR or steeda put out showing IRS bouncing around under high acceleration. To be honest I can't hear anything over my exhaust and supercharger. Tires squeal from a dig but it happens so fast I can't really tell.
Ya, that's not wheel hop. Wheel hop sounds like the entire rear end of your car is getting ready to explode, it's not suttle. It only happens when tires lose traction. My friend was riding in the passenger seat one time when I shifted quick/gard into 2nd and he asked me "did something just break"? What your experiencing is just bouncing along with the road due to stiff suspension.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Tires.