Upgrade wheel/tires or suspension 1st?

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
hey guys will be getting the Edelbrock installed soon not sure if I should upgrade tires first I have the pp1 setup or do bmr springs lockout kit and Viking drag shocks in rear. Bmr says this will help traction and wheel hope. Any thoughts on which way to go first would be great. I am trying to keep the car looking as stock as possible for know as well
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
You're going to need sticker tires no matter what for the street. That's a must. I have Toyo r888r's and I can spin them from a 40 roll if they're in the least bit cold. Once they warm up of course they stick. Stock tires? forget about it. Just throw some MT streets\Nitto drag radials on the back and add the BMR lockdown kit. You'll have a lot more fun. Then down the road add more suspension and wider wheels\tires.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys will be getting the Edelbrock installed soon not sure if I should upgrade tires first I have the pp1 setup or do bmr springs lockout kit and Viking drag shocks in rear. Bmr says this will help traction and wheel hope. Any thoughts on which way to go first would be great. I am trying to keep the car looking as stock as possible for know as well
Is your car an auto or manual?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Do the suspension first before tires. Subframe alignment kit, and either BMR stuff, or Steeda stop the hop kit.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
You will need both 1st! Hopefully you got the Viking Crusader shocks.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Tires first! People that say suspension first have bumped their head and obviously don't know what they are talking about. Stock suspension and good tires will hook. Good suspension and street tires will never hook. I went 1.5160ft on slicks with stock suspension on MT-82 all motor. Been 1.28 60ft ET/Street Radial on turbo and auto with only BMR cradle locks which I doubt made any difference.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tires first! People that say suspension first have bumped their head and obviously don't know what they are talking about. Stock suspension and good tires will hook. Good suspension and street tires will never hook. I went 1.5160ft on slicks with stock suspension on MT-82 all motor. Been 1.28 60ft ET/Street Radial on turbo and auto with only BMR cradle locks which I doubt made any difference.
If it's an auto I would say just put a sticky tire on it. If it's a manual than I would say that kind of extra power without upgrading suspension, axles and tires will be wheel hop city and broken axles in no time. The only time my car wouldn't wheel hop with the factory suspension was at the track on slicks.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it's an auto I would say just put a sticky tire on it. If it's a manual than I would say that kind of extra power without upgrading suspension, axles and tires will be wheel hop city and broken axles in no time. The only time my car wouldn't wheel hop with the factory suspension was at the track on slicks.
I have never experienced wheel hop with my toyo's but I have an auto and coil overs so that may be why.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have never experienced wheel hop with my toyo's but I have an auto and coil overs so that may be why.
Ya, auto's are not as prone to wheel hop like manuals are. My car wheel hopped so bad on street tires when shifting into 2nd I was ready to sell it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I only get wheel spin in cold temps and slide to the right a bit, so no wheel hop yet. I have coil overs but I'm curious if adding the CB005 kit would help with this.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only get wheel spin in cold temps and slide to the right a bit, so no wheel hop yet. I have coil overs but I'm curious if adding the CB005 kit would help with this.
When mine breaks loose it slide to the right also, I assume its because the road slopes that way. Either way, any bmr or steeda upgrades can only help!

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I'd get the tires first. Just remember that you cant go with an R compound tire or more than 15 percent larger than stock and keep the warranty. I have the firehawk indy 500s on my square setup and they hook just fine with the edelbrock stage 2.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
I'd get the tires first. Just remember that you cant go with an R compound tire or more than 15 percent larger than stock and keep the warranty. I have the firehawk indy 500s on my square setup and they hook just fine with the edelbrock stage 2.
I’d like to run a 275 up front and a 305 in the back keeping it a stock looking as well. Really trying to make it look like an Ecoboost would the replica pp1 wheels be able to support the 275 up front and 305 in the back

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Because auto more than likely.