Sponsored

GT500 or C8?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I am sure some may be swayed. In the long run, Ford/Mustang fans will get the GT500 and Chevy/Corvette fans will get Corvettes. They are apples and oranges as far as driving character and styling. Those that just go with the current new thing will bounce around and not just between these two either. I have no doubt that it will be harder to get a GT500 at any price than to get a C8 Vette.
I spend a lot of time on M6G and even more time on C6G (I own a Camaro...go figure). Both forums offer a lot of good information from owners and a lot of good discussion. The only thing that irritates me about BOTH forums is that there is that critical mass that feel the need to prove that every thing sucks except for the car that they chose. It isn’t always cross brand hate. A lot of trim level hate, engine choice hate, and transmission choice hate. I’ve developed a fairly decent filter that pretty much disregards “all <fill in the blanks> suck” posts. But I am still encouraged by posts like the one quoted here that are founded in realistic thinking. I’m one of those that has owned Mustang and Camaro and Corvette, so to some degree, my position is flexible. I just want the car that suits my uses and needs most for the money I’m willing to spend. Not what I can afford, what I’m willing to spend. GT500 and C8 will probably have me leaning one way and then the other for the next year or two.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I spend a lot of time on M6G and even more time on C6G (I own a Camaro...go figure). Both forums offer a lot of good information from owners and a lot of good discussion. The only thing that irritates me about BOTH forums is that there is that critical mass that feel the need to prove that every thing sucks except for the car that they chose. It isn’t always cross brand hate. A lot of trim level hate, engine choice hate, and transmission choice hate. I’ve developed a fairly decent filter that pretty much disregards “all <fill in the blanks> suck” posts. But I am still encouraged by posts like the one quoted here that are founded in realistic thinking. I’m one of those that has owned Mustang and Camaro and Corvette, so to some degree, my position is flexible. I just want the car that suits my uses and needs most for the money I’m willing to spend. Not what I can afford, what I’m willing to spend. GT500 and C8 will probably have me leaning one way and then the other for the next year or two.
I don't really have much brand loyalty per se. I do love Porsches though and I miss my Cayman. I will get another, probably 911. The 500 and C8 don't appeal to me since there is no MT, but they are pretty cool for what they are. I do loathe anything "hot rod" EV's though. Someday I might get a cheap EV just to putter around in, but for the most part I just get images of RC cars from when I was a kid. Anything auto brings a whiff of that, but at least they still have the feel of a sporty car. To end, both the GT500 and C8 will be successful in my opinion and help push advancements in the lower end cars(GT's, Camaros) which is a good thing.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
The C8 optioned out with what most people are going to want will push it to 80k,so really its not that cheaper than the GT500. The base C8 will not be that good, but it will appeal because of the looks and price tg I guess. The base C8 will definitely not do 3's, I dont care what BS they are touting about it.
Sponsored