TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT premium
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Mustang GT Premium, California Special, 401a and active exhaust. I went in and ordered the car on april 27th. I added 401a on may 13th, and that's when it says the order was placed. Talked to salesman and got vin on june 10th. Started saying "in production" on june 20th. It is still in production now, and the salesman said "it's in the trim line". Doesnt it only take one day to build a vehicle? Estimated delivery on ford tracker has always been August 3rd, but today the salesman said second week of August, but it could be sooner. Any comment would be appreciated.
Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Yea i feel your pain. My order was placed around the same time and it has said pretty consistently the 28th of July as expected delivery. It has been "in production " now for a good while. Dealer doesn't have anything meaningful to add at this point so i am dubious of an on time delivery.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
My mustang has been in "trime line" for over a month. It was due last Wednesday at the dealer. My dealer says all mustangs are held up in production due to a supplier issue and they don't know when my car will arrive.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
It will be worth the wait...or you'll end up with a 20 :)
I thought the 20's would be on the line soon or already.
Model year change over time must be tricky for an oem

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will be worth the wait...or you'll end up with a 20 :)
I thought the 20's would be on the line soon or already.
Model year change over time must be tricky for an oem
Yeah I'm surprised you cant order a 20 yet. I just keep telling myself how happy I'll be to take delivery of it, I know the car will get here eventually. It feels like the time will never come, it's kinda getting close to the end of summer.

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Yeah I'm surprised you cant order a 20 yet. I just keep telling myself how happy I'll be to take delivery of it, I know the car will get here eventually. It feels like the time will never come, it's kinda getting close to the end of summer.
Hello fellow Minnesotan, hopefully you get yours too before it snows. im hoping to get a solid month of driving before it gets too cold for summer onlys. maybe try getting some answers from ford performance chat?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Curious...Do special order cars get same model year close out discounts/rates as an on the lot car ford?

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
Curious...Do special order cars get same model year close out discounts/rates as an on the lot car ford?
YES! For the most part, some of the rebates are tied to how long the car has sat on the lot so you don't get those, but the big ones apply plus 0% financing applies.

Hunnieshadow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Mustang GT ‘Vert on order
4EE1AE61-99AC-42CC-A670-D834238C2D7B.jpeg
2020 orders can be placed. Production looks to be starting mid August. Just ordered a 2020 GT ‘vert on July 15th, not much of a price difference. The wait begins.....

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you get the rebates that were available when you ordered the car, plus any rebates that were available between the order date and the day you pick it up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
4EE1AE61-99AC-42CC-A670-D834238C2D7B.jpeg
2020 orders can be placed. Production looks to be starting mid August. Just ordered a 2020 GT ‘vert on July 15th, not much of a price difference. The wait begins.....
Wow, so if I waited a couple weeks from when I ordered the car, I could have gotten a 2020, starting may 9th

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I pretty sure you only get the rebates available when the car is delivered. OBTW It took me 6 months to get my 2019 Mustang GT. I was one of the ones in steering wheel purgatory.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Ford's guaranteed pricing program is the lower net price (MSRP less applicable rebates) at the time of order or lower net price (MSRP less applicable rebates) at time of delivery. In other words, if rebates increase between time of order and time of delivery, you get the better rebate. However, if an MSRP increase or freight increase were to occur between the time of order and time of delivery, this would somewhat offset any increase in rebates. Typically, these types of price increases are generally neglible (coupe hundred dollars at most), and some dealers won't even bother.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Thats not what my dealer quoted me. He said rebates were set at time of delivery. And when i saw actual invoice from another source, dealer had to pay more for shipping. Luckily, rebates were the same after 6 months. Now if a dealer wants to absorb any increases by offering a discount from what he pays for car, thats another story.
Sponsored