TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT premium
Vehicle Showcase
I pretty sure you only get the rebates available when the car is delivered. OBTW It took me 6 months to get my 2019 Mustang GT. I was one of the ones in steering wheel purgatory.
Idk, my salesman told me I get the rebates from when I ordered it, plus any that apply when I get the car.
Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
The dealer doesn't set the price he pays for the car nor the rebates offered. I'm not sure exactly when the price is set, but i know destination charges went up on mine and were passed on to the dealer. OBTW this was after VIN set and build date. Also, the dealer goes on line when you make the deal to see what rebates Ford is offering specifically on your VIN. As far as deals, my MSRP was $51K with an invoice $2,600 lower, and then the hold back of $1,500. Now its possible dealer paid less than this for car based on other factors, but special orders usually are excluded, i think. OBTW most online pricing includes all rebates offered including some your not eligible for and they deduct destination charge, $1,095, of which they add back in later.

And good to hear its in shipping, but it takes several days to get enough cars coming your way to fill train, then when it gets off train, it waits for enough cars to fill trailer. Also in my cases, train got stuck in ohio for 5 days for "mechanical issues" and then 4 days at train depot to fill trailer. As they told me, it will get there when it gets there.

Hunnieshadow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Mustang GT ‘Vert on order
Wow, so if I waited a couple weeks from when I ordered the car, I could have gotten a 2020, starting may 9th
Maybe...dates are approximate. My husband and I started the process beginning of June and it was for the 2020’s. We went to three different dealerships, and they all printed up a 2020 price. Not sure if May 9th was set in stone or if the factory still let a few by.

Also, we were hoping to get the 0% financing offered at the time of order, but the dealer stated that any rebates or offers out now wouldn’t count. We would get the offers that were happening when we signed the papers for the car when it came in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford's guaranteed pricing program is the lower net price (MSRP less applicable rebates) at the time of order or lower net price (MSRP less applicable rebates) at time of delivery. In other words, if rebates increase between time of order and time of delivery, you get the better rebate. However, if an MSRP increase or freight increase were to occur between the time of order and time of delivery, this would somewhat offset any increase in rebates. Typically, these types of price increases are generally neglible (coupe hundred dollars at most), and some dealers won't even bother.
I think that's basically what he said, rebates from when I ordered the car, or better rebates if they are available when I take delivery.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Yea i was told that i am guaranteed the incentives at time of ordering but they could be updated to any better incentive thats available at time of delivery. That said, i am taking the 0% financing over the 2500 incentive. Still getting the 4500 dealer discount so still a deal in the long run. Now car just needs to get here lol

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I think that's basically what he said, rebates from when I ordered the car, or better rebates if they are available when I take delivery.
Yup. Trust me on this one. I went through this in detail on my spec order 2018 PP2. When 2018 PP2 came out, cloth Recaros were a no charge option. I have the original DORA showing this. I had negotiated a price of $42,500. Rebates at the time of order were $1,500. Between order date and delivery date, rebates went up to $3,000. But, prior to my blend date and window sticker being issued, they did away with the free Recaro option and it became a $1,595 option. This was reflected on the window sticker.

The window sticker is issued approximately one week prior to blend date (approximate production date) and that determines final MSRP (and dealer invoice). When my car was delivered, I received a call from my dealership saying there was a problem with the pricing on my car. The regional rep got involved and I received confirmation that Ford's guaranteed pricing is the better of MSRP less rebates at the time of order or MSRP less rebates at the time of delivery.

Since the invoice price on the Recaros was right at $1,500, the regional rep said it was basically a wash. He was proposing that I either receive the original negotiated price of $42,500 less $1,500 rebate, or a new price of $44,000 less $3,000 rebate.

My dealer was not happy about this. They told me when something like this happens, it's usually maybe a $100 increase in freight costs or maybe a $100-$200 increase in invoice cost, and they usually just eat it rather than try and pass it onto the customer. They decided to go ahead and honor the original negotiated price of $42,500 and took the rebate of $3,000 in effect at the time of delivery. They were being charged by Ford for the Recaros over and above what my original invoice amount was showing on the DORA. They appealed the pricing issue above the regional rep to see if they could recoup the money from Ford. Last time I had checked with my salesman (earlier this year), he did not think they had recovered anything yet.

Anyway, this is how the Ford guaranteed pricing works. This was not the first vehicle I had bought from them and I have two different vehicles serviced there. It's also one of the reasons I promote this dealership anytime I can. They certainly went to bat for me on this one.

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Trust me on this one. I went through this in detail on my spec order 2018 PP2. When 2018 PP2 came out, cloth Recaros were a no charge option. I have the original DORA showing this. I had negotiated a price of $42,500. Rebates at the time of order were $1,500. Between order date and delivery date, rebates went up to $3,000. But, prior to my blend date and window sticker being issued, they did away with the free Recaro option and it became a $1,595 option. This was reflected on the window sticker.

The window sticker is issued approximately one week prior to blend date (approximate production date) and that determines final MSRP (and dealer invoice). When my car was delivered, I received a call from my dealership saying there was a problem with the pricing on my car. The regional rep got involved and I received confirmation that Ford's guaranteed pricing is the better of MSRP less rebates at the time of order or MSRP less rebates at the time of delivery.

Since the invoice price on the Recaros was right at $1,500, the regional rep said it was basically a wash. He was proposing that I either receive the original negotiated price of $42,500 less $1,500 rebate, or a new price of $44,000 less $3,000 rebate.

My dealer was not happy about this. They told me when something like this happens, it's usually maybe a $100 increase in freight costs or maybe a $100-$200 increase in invoice cost, and they usually just eat it rather than try and pass it onto the customer. They decided to go ahead and honor the original negotiated price of $42,500 and took the rebate of $3,000 in effect at the time of delivery. They were being charged by Ford for the Recaros over and above what my original invoice amount was showing on the DORA. They appealed the pricing issue above the regional rep to see if they could recoup the money from Ford. Last time I had checked with my salesman (earlier this year), he did not think they had recovered anything yet.

Anyway, this is how the Ford guaranteed pricing works. This was not the first vehicle I had bought from them and I have two different vehicles serviced there. It's also one of the reasons I promote this dealership anytime I can. They certainly went to bat for me on this one.
Yeah I have my window sticker, and the price is all good. I also have a paper from the dealer when I ordered the car that says the amount of rebates. I have about $3700 of savings/rebates on my order sheet.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Yeah I have my window sticker, and the price is all good. I also have a paper from the dealer when I ordered the car that says the amount of rebates. I have about $3700 of savings/rebates on my order sheet.
Once my car was in transit, I called Ford Customer Care and was able to score another $750 in private cash (works just like any other rebate). I'm not sure how you qualify, but it's at least worth a shot. They do have short expiration dates, so you don't want to do it too far in advance. Just tell them you're interested in a new Mustang and was curious if there is any private cash available to sway you towards a Mustang. Don't tell them you already have one on order. I had purchased two other new Fords within the previous five years, so I don't know if that may have helped qualify or not.

Sponsored

Hunnieshadow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Mustang GT ‘Vert on order
Once my car was in transit, I called Ford Customer Care and was able to score another $750 in private cash (works just like any other rebate). I'm not sure how you qualify, but it's at least worth a shot. They do have short expiration dates, so you don't want to do it too far in advance. Just tell them you're interested in a new Mustang and was curious if there is any private cash available to sway you towards a Mustang. Don't tell them you already have one on order. I had purchased two other new Fords within the previous five years, so I don't know if that may have helped qualify or not.
Awesome advice!!! Totally gonna try when we get shipment confirmation!

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AWAITING SHIPMENT hopefully it doesnt take a stupid amount of time. We are only 12 hours from the factory, but the car has to find a truck to go on.
Screenshot_20190724-091736_Chrome.jpg
20190724_093624.jpg

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine went in transit today. Looks like things are picking up speed.
That's awesome it only took one day to get in transit, I hop mine is that quick.
Sponsored