HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My dealer has been servicing my Mustangs since 2007 with zero problems.
It happens. I knew a guy who smoked 2 packs a day since a teenager. Lived to be 90; never had a lung problem.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good choice. Temporarily out of stock. They run that price often.

When you get the shipping email it will have one tracking number but there are 3 boxes, each with a different tracking number. If you go to your Costco account orders page, you should be able to find the other tracking numbers. Why? Because the &*%#s sometimes just ship 2 of them. Not lost, just plain never given to UPS. Then you get to ship the ones you got back (free of course but you have to be there) because they can't figure out and don't trust you to tell them which one is missing.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I used to do all my oil changes, but my local dealer does an oil change in 1/2 hr with full synthetic Motorcraft and filter for $40. I can't even buy the stuff for that price.

Still do them on the F250. That would cost $125 with just Rotella T4. The "Diesel Mechanic" labor rate is too damn high.

I tried that lift once and found it to be a PITA. The only access was from either end of the car. On jack stands you have access from the sides as well.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I tried that lift once and found it to be a PITA. The only access was from either end of the car. On jack stands you have access from the sides as well.
Definitely need a good creeper. You can get in from the sides but just in front of front wheels or behind back wheels, so more travel time on the creeper for central work.

Always some trade-off.

But lifting both sides of the car at the same time is not only quicker but safer than a jack. To get the car to the height the Quickjack does jacking one side at a time, the car gets pretty tilted (going up or down). So, more care is required to make sure the car doesn't shift on the jack stands on one side while lifting or lowering the other.

Sponsored

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Those are excellent. I want a pair too

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Never been comfortable getting under a car supported by jack stands. I use these to get under all our rides:

Lifted.JPG

I can remove the ramps and just use the pedestals.

New Lift 21.JPG

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I can dyi. However I dont have a hoist. Are there places I can go to hoist for a few and allow me to work on it? One would think the dealer would do a nice job without causing a problem?
At one point years ago, there was a chain of locations that would rent lift space. They also had the major tools many folks couldn't afford and only needed once. There was a tech there who could provide advice and some coaching. One was slated for here, but never opened. I suspect the insurance costs were pretty steep.

As for the dealer, remember: the guy changing oil there today may have been fired by Jiffy Lube last month.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Race Ramps make oil changes MUCH easier.
ALL ramps make oil changes much easier compared to a Quickjack or jack and stands. Takes seconds to drive it up ramps. Easy to get to filter and drain even at ramp height. Quickjack for when you need more height or access to more things or need to remove wheels.

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I have one of these. Haven't used it a lot, but it works as advertised and lifted my '65 Mustang just fine. I also have a grease pit and between the two I've got most of the benefits of a 'real' lift.

My father and I always--with a few rare exceptions--did all maintenance on all our cars, tractors, ATVs and trucks (currently nine total). But he's gone and I get to maintain them all myself; my dealer offers 'Free Oil Changes for Life' every 5K miles or 5 months, so I let them do the first one on my Bullitt. They did OK and disposing of 10qts of oil responsibly is a big hassle for me so, until they screw up I'll go with them

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I used to do all my oil changes, but my local dealer does an oil change in 1/2 hr with full synthetic Motorcraft and filter for $40. I can't even buy the stuff for that price.

Still do them on the F250. That would cost $125 with just Rotella T4. The "Diesel Mechanic" labor rate is too damn high.

Yeah, it's mostly useful if you need to get all four wheels off the ground, like for rotations or pad changes, etc.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Never been comfortable getting under a car supported by jack stands. I use these to get under all our rides:

Lifted.JPG

I can remove the ramps and just use the pedestals.

New Lift 21.JPG
Just don't use cinder blocks; I've heard of them crumbling (exploding).

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would say thereā€™s no one to be held accountable. I say this because A; yes the mechanic couldā€™ve used a higher degree of caution knowing the jack was there and B; if you were paranoid about letting them pull it onto the lift and they allowed you to do it, you trusted the techs motions versus checking in advance (unless I missed that part). Holding someone accountable over a superficial scratch on the underbody is about as pointless as holding the department of transportation accountable over a rock on a highway doing the same damage.

Not to be a dick, but itā€™s pretty cool they were allowing you to drive it on the lift in the first place. Be glad you used good judgment and backed off instead of continuing on the ramp and left with something annoying and superficial.
Sponsored