2018 EBPP

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Took a road trip this past week through the Okanagan valley. 1800 kms so far...

The car is performing well. Very sticky. The coyote is humming along, lots of power and decent fuel economy for how I'm driving it. The interior is comfortable and the upgraded leather seats are pretty good.

My only grip at this point is the transmission seems kinda clunky. It just doesn't feel very precise and the 1st gear clunk is kinda annoying... The other thing that bugs me about this car is the tacky 5.0 fender badges. I wish there wasn't holes in the fenders because I'd take them off, I prefer the clean look.

The trans is the big one though. It's enough to really bug me and at this point I'd consider a Tremec upgrade. I also had a moment of weakness and started looking at the 350's. But, there's a few things the PP2 has that the 350 doesn't. I prefer the 401A digital dash, as well as the PP2 wheels. The suspension setup between the two is near identical (although my PP2 has 325's in the rear) so that's a wash in my mind. For the $30+K that the 350's command, its got me wondering if a transmission and SC upgrade is the way to go and keep the rest of that money in my pocket... On the other hand, its a 350.

Overall the car is really nice, just a few things got me wondering is all...

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I put large swaths of clear bra from the rear edge of the door from the rocker below to the top crease up high on the QP, extending back over the top center of the rear wheel arch - glad I did because the QPs in front of the rear wheels will get destroyed by debris pick up from the PSC2s.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
1,500 mile update.
Picked the PP2 up last Thanksgiving. 1st trip to/from GA, then to/from CA. Just got back from a 15+ state (plus Canada) tour. Total mileage as of yesterday is 17,039. It is a kick-in-the-butt car to drive. And, to date, there have been zero ticks, squeaks, thumps, bumps, whines, tramlining (sp) or whatever not-so-nice noises that a car could make ... just pleasant engine (unmodified) & exhaust (Borla w/resonator) sounds. This is my 5th Mustang (two 1st gen [FB & coupe] & two 4th gen ... one street & one race), but this one truly does live up to its GT badging ... in every sense of the word. :like:

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
(1) My only gripe at this point is the transmission seems kinda clunky. It just doesn't feel very precise & the 1st gear clunk is kinda annoying. It's enough to really bug me & at this point I'd consider a Tremec upgrade. I also had a moment of weakness & started looking at the GT350. (2) The other thing that bugs me about this car is the tacky 5.0 fender badges. I wish there weren't holes in the fenders because I'd take them off. I prefer the clean look.

(1) Give the trans a bit to loosen up. You might also look into the aftermarket for a shifter & trans brace. There are a number of manufacturers producing these items. I can't say I notice the 1st gear issue but do know that high RPM shifts into 3rd (either up shifting or down shifting) can get a bit 'fuzzy' at times.

(2) I have no idea what the pricing might be, but you can look into purchasing a set of Bullitt fenders. Same fender as the GT, but there are no holes as the Bullitt does not have any fender badges.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Picked the PP2 up last Thanksgiving. 1st trip to/from GA, then to/from CA. Just got back from a 15+ state (plus Canada) tour. Total mileage as of yesterday is 17,039. It is a kick-in-the-butt car to drive. And, to date, there have been zero ticks, squeaks, thumps, bumps, whines, tramlining (sp) or whatever not-so-nice noises that a car could make ... just pleasant engine (unmodified) & exhaust (Borla w/resonator) sounds. This is my 5th Mustang (two 1st gen [FB & coupe] & two 4th gen ... one street & one race), but this one truly does live up to its GT badging ... in every sense of the word. :like:
Ron: Nice and congrats!

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
It really is a nice Grand Touring car and pretty decent on the track. It also has surprising fuel economy when driven in 6th gear at 75 MPH.

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
(1) Give the trans a bit to loosen up. You might also look into the aftermarket for a shifter & trans brace. There are a number of manufacturers producing these items. I can't say I notice the 1st gear issue but do know that high RPM shifts into 3rd (either up shifting or down shifting) can get a bit 'fuzzy' at times.

(2) I have no idea what the pricing might be, but you can look into purchasing a set of Bullitt fenders. Same fender as the GT, but there are no holes as the Bullitt does not have any fender badges.
I never thought of that. Good points all around. Thanks!

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2 w/ Roush Supercharger
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else seen alignment issues on these cars? My front two tires are both worn to the cords on the insides. I took it to ford and the tech called me after getting it on the ramp and said “what did you hit?” The fact is, I haven’t hit anything with the car, but he said all 4 corners are out of alignment with the front obviously much worse than the back. I asked him if there was any damage underneath the car to indicate that I had hit anything and he said there was not. Anyone else seen issues with theirs doing something similar?
5A7F1DA7-474B-4D0C-B8E1-9FB58FC74834.jpeg
79957507-C283-4272-B543-0E1F792E5ADA.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Has anyone else seen alignment issues on these cars? My front two tires are both worn to the cords on the insides. I took it to ford and the tech called me after getting it on the ramp and said “what did you hit?” The fact is, I haven’t hit anything with the car, but he said all 4 corners are out of alignment with the front obviously much worse than the back. I asked him if there was any damage underneath the car to indicate that I had hit anything and he said there was not. Anyone else seen issues with theirs doing something similar?
5A7F1DA7-474B-4D0C-B8E1-9FB58FC74834.jpeg
79957507-C283-4272-B543-0E1F792E5ADA.jpeg
I only have about 2500 miles and they look to be wearing evenly. How many miles on yours. What PSI do you normally run?

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only have about 2500 miles and they look to be wearing evenly. How many miles on yours. What PSI do you normally run?
Mine has 9k miles on it. PSI is 33 cold, per the door sticker.
B266659E-88EA-4686-BE79-6CFE59C0DB23.jpeg

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would not say based on those numbers it was way off, but it seems to be enough off to cause you a problem. Glad to see it is correct now.

woffordk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, they don’t look too far off. Anyone else out there around 9k miles on SC2 tires without an issue? I’m hoping I can get them to correct it and I’m going to push them to replace the tires (not sure how that conversation will go) and be good to go. This is assuming that it was wrong from factory and not a result of driving it a year. If it’s a result from driving it, I’m much more concerned about why it would have gotten out of alignment under normal conditions.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Glad I swapped out the SC2's from the start. I've got 8,200 on my Bridgestones and they are wearing great.
Sponsored