Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I get Ford needs to cut costs, but eliminating the CD player has got to save all of about $9.
I know how you feel. I complained to Chrysler when they dropped these.

car-record-player(4).jpg
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
From May 21:

Ron:
"As far as the hood rod goes, I had a number of items installed at Steeda & that was one of 'em. But not for
the sake of convenience. While traveling thru west Tejas, the support rod would get so hot you couldn't even
hold on to it long enough to engage the hood."

Me:

"You don't have to go to W Texas to suffer this effect. I'm looking for the right size pool noodle type material to slip over the rod. Maybe at least a couple of layers of heat-shrink tubing?"
[...]
I'm thinking I need to start a "Trivial Mods" thread to handle things like this and my windshield-distracting-reflections projects. Not to mention the SAE-plug connector for the 6-amp battery charger that eliminates any need to remove the battery cover for routine maintenance and trickle-charging.
PropRod01x800_DSCN5923.jpg
PropRod02_DSCN5924.jpg
Update (Meanwhile, back in the Trivial Mods thread)
Here's one that works: Five-sixteeths split wire loom fits the rod perfectly. When the bare rod's heat burns and makes you flinch, the part with plastc tubing on it is warm, but you can grip it. Not quite as cool as the three-eights tubing that gives a little more air cushion, but nowhere near intolerable. I'd like to do it in color, but all I've found is black.
YellowCarHoodPropRodBlackDSCN6037.jpg

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like that my sunglass holder doesn't match color-wise to the rest of the dash. Just realized that a couple weeks ago after 1 1/2 months of ownership. Irritating.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The only problem with my car is that it is just too darn gorgeous. :)

TC

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I hate the cheap looking base model radio I got with the car (getting the 401a on my 2020.) I don't like the flimsy door arm rests that flex when you put your arm on them. Hate that the cig lighter stays active so long after you turn the car off, have to unplug my dash camera every time. Been a great car otherwise.

Sponsored

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
have to unplug my dash camera every time.
Why?

It uses so little energy you will not notice it. Those use on average 1-4W of power. That is absolutely nothing. Don't worry about it. Cranking your engine (let's be conservative so say 200A) uses more energy in 1 second than your camera in 30 minutes.

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
Why?

It uses so little energy you will not notice it. Those use on average 1-4W of power. That is absolutely nothing. Don't worry about it. Cranking your engine (let's be conservative so say 200A) uses more energy in 1 second than your camera in 30 minutes.
I could be crazy but I left it plugged in all the time and my car battery was toast in two years. I thought it was either the camera or a bad battery.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Both cars are base GTs with black accent package and standard stereo systems. 2018 has a CD player and 2019 does not. I get Ford needs to cut costs, but eliminating the CD player has got to save all of about $9.
I don't have a cassette player in mine. Looks like Ford screwed both of us huh?

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a cassette player in mine. Looks like Ford screwed both of us huh?
They don't sell cassettes anymore but they still sell CD's. I like CD's still as I don't like the compressed mp3's nor do I like to stream music all the time

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Ok thought of one rant other than not having enough clear road to enjoy the power of the car.

The rear backup camera needs something to help when in direct sunlight or rain. It is really washed out in direct sunlight and any rain usually means droplets of water get in the way. I think a better placement where it would be protected should be considered for the future.

Sponsored

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
the fact that it can effortlessly spin the rear tyres allowing less powerful cars to get the jump on you. this beast needs AWD, please Ford.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
After driving my 15 GT for a while my right heal starts to hurt...about it.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I had to drive my Mustang in the rain yesterday and it got wet again. Come on, FoMoCo, get your act together and fix that issue!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I had to drive my Mustang in the rain yesterday and it got wet again. Come on, FoMoCo, get your act together and fix that issue!
Bet it was hard to see out of the backup camera too! :camera:

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The worst thing about my 2015 is the damn paint. The hood is showing rust on the edge and it has more paint chips around the whole car. It looks like a 10-year-old car already and only has 32,000 miles on it. The paint is so thin on this car.
Sponsored