Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I hate the way the car drives...its so smooth and fun I hate it,

Rant complete.
Not mine it rode like it was on Lego blocks for tires..... Then I noticed 44 PSI in the settings menu in the center of the dash. Thought to me-self that seems kind of high..... So looked on the door jam and low and behold they are supposed to be 33 PSI cold. Lowered the air down to that and the car rides great!

I'm not sure who was to blame for this error.....but its got a sticker in the rear side window that says "Tires overfilled with pride by the UAW" though LOL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It is virtually impossible to get a good look at Camaro tail lights ...

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It actually works - cool! Why the hell isnt that in the manual?
I suspect it is somewhere...I just tried it because it made sense.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Not mine it rode like it was on Lego blocks for tires..... Then I noticed 44 PSI in the settings menu in the center of the dash. Thought to me-self that seems kind of high..... So looked on the door jam and low and behold they are supposed to be 33 PSI cold. Lowered the air down to that and the car rides great!

I'm not sure who was to blame for this error.....but its got a sticker in the rear side window that says "Tires overfilled with pride by the UAW" though LOL.
Checking tire pressure must not be on the predelivery check sheet any more when I picked up my 2019 Ranger all the tires had 44lbs in them.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Yep, it is ... my bad
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....
I
I wish I could choose a different default drive mode and exhaust settting and it would stay when restarting my car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I would have gladly paid the extra 24 bucks on the sticker price for BOTH horns on my '19.

C'mon Ford, that is a new level of retarded .............. (face palm)

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
I hate tha it brought me here, and every time I open a post here it ends up with wanting to order yet another new thing.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
let's see.....some have already said it but mine. no power recline of the seatback, small rear seats, horn sucks, and that's about it so far.....still haven't had it long enough to but o yea the hood prop rod.....really!

Sponsored

RR STANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PP RACE RED
The worst thing about the mustang is that freaking prop rod 40K plus and they cannot put struts on this car? come on FORD get it together!

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
From May 21:

Ron:
"As far as the hood rod goes, I had a number of items installed at Steeda & that was one of 'em. But not for
the sake of convenience. While traveling thru west Tejas, the support rod would get so hot you couldn't even
hold on to it long enough to engage the hood."

Me:

"You don't have to go to W Texas to suffer this effect. I'm looking for the right size pool noodle type material to slip over the rod. Maybe at least a couple of layers of heat-shrink tubing?"

Pictured is my next attempt to reduce the pain of raising the hood prop rod after a run. It's Electriduct 3/8" Split Wire Loom Tubing Polyethylene Flexible Conduit, $7.99 for ten feet. Available in many colors from Amazon. I wish it were ever-so-slightly smaller in diameter. I need to search the world for such a product. Going back for the 1/4" stuff. This one has not been subjected to a field test.

Previous tries involved heat-shrink tubing. Any that was large enough to feed over the bends in the body end of the rod were too large, didn't shrink to the size of the rod without wrinkling. If it were easier to get the hood-end plug off the rod, that still might be a viable solution, maybe even to take up the largeness of the 3/8" tubing. I just know it's going to work.

I'm thinking I need to start a "Trivial Mods" thread to handle things like this and my windshield-distracting-reflections projects. Not to mention the SAE-plug connector for the 6-amp battery charger that eliminates any need to remove the battery cover for routine maintenance and trickle-charging.
PropRod01x800_DSCN5923.jpg
PropRod02_DSCN5924.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I had to drive mine yesterday evening and I got dead bugs all over the front. Why can't FoMoCo engineer their cars better so that won't happen? :thumbsdown:

:crazy:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I had to drive mine yesterday evening and I got dead bugs all over the front. Why can't FoMoCo engineer their cars better so that won't happen? :thumbsdown:

:crazy:
PLEASE don't complain to Ford. Look whats happening because someone complained about pedestrians getting hurt. I don't want my Mustang slamming on the brakes when a bug is detected in its path.