Sponsored

Scratch on my brand new car.......

CT Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey all,
New here on the forum.... I just purchased a New Mustang and it was just picked up by the shipper in Kansas to be shipped to me her in CT. I seems that the shipper scratched the car during the loading process.....GRRR! That being said, here is a Pic of the scratch and I wanted to get you opinions if you think it might be able to be buffed out? I don't know how deep it is as the car is on the truck right now on the way here......any opinions would be helpful. What a way to start out on the Forum......

kQWVsD.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

CT Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey all,
New here on the forum.... I just purchased a New Mustang and it was just picked up by the shipper in Kansas to be shipped to me her in CT. I seems that the shipper scratched the car during the loading process.....GRRR! That being said, here is a Pic of the scratch and I wanted to get you opinions if you think it might be able to be buffed out? I don't know how deep it is as the car is on the truck right now on the way here......any opinions would be helpful. What a way to start out on the Forum......

kQWVsD.jpg

Here is a better Pic......

bmYUgK.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Too deep to buff out, but you might be able to get away with touching it up since it's on the passenger side!

Sponsored

OP
OP

CT Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The dealer didn't do it.... The shipping company did. The car got to CT on Sunday. Scratch is tiny... Car will be going to a detailer as soon as is warms up here in the Northeast... a GT350 was on the same trailer.....was heading to a northeast auction.

P1uc2I.jpg

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
That would do my head in every time I went to open the door. So much so that I would get it professionally repaired.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
See what a detailer says. I'd personally just put some touch-up paint on it (carefully, of course).

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Unless you signed something saying otherwise the transporter is responsible for the repairs. You can always file through your own policy and have your insurance subrogate against the transport company. A touch up will be visable and is honestly imo an unacceptable solution on a brand new car

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^^ Agree. If Dealer it shipped from shows the car was clean and the scratch was there after being transported then it falls back on the transporter. As long as you inspected and noted the scratch prior to singing off as accepted then its back on one of them. Start with the dealer. They hired the transport correct? If they show the car was 100% clean and accepted by the transport they selected to deliver the car and you found the scratch and notated it when you received it then its on one of them to take responsibility.

Otherwise you may wish to start looking for a reputable on site touch up guy. A person who can blend well can likely make that look as good as new. I would in no way want the whole door shot again. Better a small touch up spot than the whole door panel mismatch. I have had touch up done in almost the very same spot on m y 2014 due to bird poop eating through the paint. Missed seeing it when I bought the car ...so that was on me. Had a local guy come out and he took it down, shot it, clear coated, and made it look as if it was never there.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I sure hate to see that, especially before you even took delivery. My concern would be someone other than me jacking it up worse than it is that would really tick me off. Here is a very good video on chip repair, it's a long video but worth the time in my opinion.

I have 50-75 to repair on my truck.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Just order Dr Color Chip and follow the directions. You will need to spend some time and be patient because your scratch is much larger than a rock chip. You will have to do many iterations. But when done, it will be invisible.
Sponsored