Sponsored

Are you Sirius ?

Are you a Sirius Radio lover or hater, or what?

• Total voters

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
The quality is complete trash. Even FM blows it out of the water. Don't know how people put up with it. It sounds like a 64kbps mono MP3, and that's being generous.
Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
My sub ran out but I have Sirius on my Explorer, for a long time. Don;t know how but I have the app on my I-phone. I can plug the phone in and get Sirius but the format is a bit different. Been so used to the set up on my Ford Explorer(s) for 15 years not sure if I will pay for what I have already have for the sake of convienence. Sirius was a good buy up until a few years ago when they upped the royalty fees, which they never advertise clearly. But really, who need a radio with that music from those exhaust pipes?

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Unfortunately my wife loves Sirius... so in all 3 of our cars. Meanwhile I have about 2K songs on $10 thumb drives I also have in each car and play on random (if my wife is not in the car). I like the better sound from my thumb drive music. The downside is I’ve not yet motivated my self to do the whole playlist thing and organize genres so I do find myself skipping through songs from time to time to get to something I’m in the mood for.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I like Sirius and I've been a subscriber for 10+ years. I have never paid the full price and I've had to cancel the service a time or 2 to get the introductory deal again.

My DD is a GMC Canyon with an active subscription. The current deal for all access includes streaming. I play it in my Mustang using the Sirius App over Android Auto and it works great most of the time. I've had the app get a bit flaky a few times, but it's been an easy fix.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
They have in the past terrible busines's practice. I will not support a company that is deceptive and treats their customers like they are stupid

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Sirius sounds like total ass in these cars, apparently using the an external source works better but it drops out constantly around my area. I use spotify and love it, well worth the $10 a month for premium.

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
There were about 2 stations I'd listen to... When reception was good enough and wasn't breaking up. On rare occasions I'll turn on the radio or listen to VOXPlayer through BT... Most times, I prefer to listen to Borla S-Type!

OP
OP
Rover

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah most the time I just crank up the Borlas :crackup::sunglasses::crackup:

On a musical note - I'm test driving Spotify. I think it has a better selection for me than Sirius - especially with the added suggestions. They seem to be good most of the time so I'm leaning this way

Sponsored

2BullittS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt. 1968 Mustang Bullitt Restomod. 2018 Mustang GT 1989 Mustang GT Conv
I swap between it and Pandora. However, I am on the trial sub for the Mustang, but will probably cancel it when it expires. I can get it thru my phone anyhow, as I have the SiriusXM sub in my truck and I get the online streaming option with it there.

SiriusXM is good for when you're travelling thru areas with spotty internet connection and hence you're unable to stream Pandora/etc thru your phone.

However, I hate the fact in the Mustang (and other Fords?) it is Sirius radio only (not XM), and hence some stations that I get "natively" in my non-Ford truck, I can't get on the Mustang. Namely Faction and Marky Ramone's punk rock station (I can stream them thru phone app, but again, see spotty cellular connection comment). The rest of what I listen to on Sat Radio is there though: Hip Hop Nation, Lithium, Bluegrass Junction, Pitbull, and a few others. What can I say? I keep my musical tastebuds happy with all that variety. Oh, it also has the all-important Radio Disney (for those of us with kids that drive to Orlando thru areas with no cellular connection)
Is Pandora, Spotify, etc available as Satellite radio like Sirius? I want something that works without an internet connection.
Also Sirius had traffic update as well.

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
Is Pandora, Spotify, etc available as Satellite radio like Sirius? I want something that works without an internet connection.
Also Sirius had traffic update as well.
Pandora has an offline mode where it caches some songs from your top 3 or 4 "stations" you listen to and then plays that even without an internet connection. but it's not live and it seems to repeat after 30 mins or so. Also, that's with the paid service (like $5 a month or so). The free Pandora version doesn't have that I think. I've used that a couple of times, including once at the start of a 5k run where hundreds of runners bunched together seemed to have overwhelmed the cell towers.

As for traffic, I use Waze thru Android Auto -- like Pandora, it works great if you're connected to the internet, otherwise it won't update for accidents, cops, etc until it does.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm in the free trial mode with Sirius Radio Entertainment... I'm on fence about subscribing. The discounted initial offer looks reasonable but when that runs out the payments double or something :shock: The old music is good .... but IDK ?

What is your audio pleasure?
Even with moderate hearing loss in one ear I can tell it Sirius XM sounds like crap.
They're created lots of channels with the bandwidth and sacrificed sound quality. Terrestrial HD radio sounds much better, but doesn't have the selection.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Pandora has an offline mode where it caches some songs from your top 3 or 4 "stations" you listen to and then plays that even without an internet connection. but it's not live and it seems to repeat after 30 mins or so. Also, that's with the paid service (like $5 a month or so). The free Pandora version doesn't have that I think. I've used that a couple of times, including once at the start of a 5k run where hundreds of runners bunched together seemed to have overwhelmed the cell towers.

As for traffic, I use Waze thru Android Auto -- like Pandora, it works great if you're connected to the internet, otherwise it won't update for accidents, cops, etc until it does.
Spotify has a similar service that saves to your phone. I have lists that are saved on my phone that play even without a signal to my cell service (Tmobile sucks outside of a big city) I have hours of music in reserve without the cell service. It does require the paid subscription though.

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
I cancelled sirius a year ago and they still send me letters begging to rejoin. The audio was not that great and it really seems to suck in Colorado compared to when I was in Chicago. I wish Sync 3 would stop “updating sirius” now that I dont have it
Sponsored